Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, everyone. Ordered my first ever Tesla after test driving one over the weekend. Now the wait begins!

M3P, MSM, Black, no FSD, Los Angeles

2/19: Ordered LR, EDD March 2022
2/20: EDD May 15 - June 12
2/20: Switched to M3P, EDD remains May 15 - June 12

Hoping that I'll get an updated EDD soon to reflect the supposedly quicker turnaround time for the M3P compared to the LR based on the website estimates, but I guess we'll see.
I ordered the M3P on 2/18 and EDD updated to June-July the next day. It has not changed.

After getting my VIN last night I applied for the loan which was approved in about 30 seconds and then added the Tesla to my insurance. It took a few minutes for the updated insurance card to appear in the Progressive app so I could get that uploaded into the Tesla app.

This morning called Bank of America to see about funding options and they were super helpful but ran into a snag... BoA requires the name on your drivers license to match the MVPA, my MVPA doesn't have my middle name. So now I'm scrambling to have Tesla update that and send me a revised copy so I can upload it to BoA.

In the mean time I got the text to schedule delivery, I picked the latest date, Mar 2nd, so hopefully I can get the updated doc, give it to BoA and have them wire funds to Tesla before my delivery date. Tesla and BoA are both saying 24 to 48 business-day hours which means it's going to be close.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
so my update mischief :

1/19 order date "march"
black/black m3 p fsd, los angeles

feb 20 to mar 20
feb 08 to mar 08
feb 12 to mar 08
feb 16 to mar 15
feb 17 to feb 27
feb 22 to mar 22
feb 26 to mar 22 ( today 2/23)
Interesting date change. I guess at least its less than a month range now. I suspect my date range is going to change in a day or 2. Im still 2/25-3/25 and on the other side of the country. Id assume we will get vins about the same time but i will probably get my car a week or 2 later due to distance.

Another thing you can check to see if you’re getting close is if when you log into your Tesla account if you still have the ability to edit the design of your car. I noticed a couple days before I got my VIN I could only view it but not edit it any longer.
not sure if this is the case. i wasnt able to edit my design for weeks now. only option is to cancel or add full self driving.

Picking it up on Saturday at 3....can't get here soon enough.
I looked at Tesla's insurance online.
Quoted me $40 less per month than my current carrier (Am Fam), however, the deductible was $500 more and the property damage was 1/2 my current policy.
I will stick with Am Fam for now.
Also bought $400 in accessories on amazon last night. I had $500 in amazon gift cards. Worked out perfect.

Picking it up on Saturday at 3....can't get here soon enough.
I looked at Tesla's insurance online.
Quoted me $40 less per month than my current carrier (Am Fam), however, the deductible was $500 more and the property damage was 1/2 my current policy.
I will stick with Am Fam for now.
Also bought $400 in accessories on amazon last night. I had $500 in amazon gift cards. Worked out perfect.
Only $400? Slacker. 😁