Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my SA reach out to me to see if I wanted a car that became available. It was a Red/White M3P but it turns out it had 500 miles on it and had some sort of damage (that had been repaired). They would knock $2K off the price. I said thanks, but no thanks.

We talked briefly about my order (M3P, MSM, 2/6 OD, April 20 - May 18 EDD). This would be NY/Mt Kisco delivery. SA was a really nice guy. I asked that when I submitted it said March but then bumped me to April - May. He told me this is pretty normal with dates and builds and there is chance I may get a March delivery but not likely. If not March then because of when M3 is built I am really most likely looking at a late April VIN with a May delivery (2 weeks from CA to NY). So it does seem like my April 20 to May 18 EDD is going to be close. Not a huge deal to me with the Winter still going strong here even well into March but I think the March delivery Tesla gives us here on the East Coast is a little disingenuous.

The SA was a really nice guy. He is the same one I talked to before I ordered and had questions. He did ask my about colors and if another new M3P becomes available if I would be interested and I told him yes but only if brand new and not damaged.

Not sure if this helps.
Thats disappointing it will be pushed back to april/may. And mine says May/June. I'm not very patient and was hoping at worst I'd be April since it said March when I ordered. haha

Thats disappointing it will be pushed back to april/may. And mine says May/June. I'm not very patient and was hoping at worst I'd be April since it said March when I ordered. haha
Well you just never know, dates seem to bump around for no rhyme or reason. I have seen people order after me and already have a VIN. I think color combo and location matter. It seems like people near CA may get priority end of quarter because Tesla can get them the car quick and they can count is as revenue. That's just my theory.

Picked my M3P

can you confirm what tires are on the car?

My M3P order went in on 2/20, website saying “March 2022” delivery estimate. EDD came back as June 13- July 11 and is still holding there. Response to my text question on this was, “the EDD will change many times between now and delivery”. Also asked them to confirm that I had completed all tasks, which they did.

this is correct. you should not worry about the date ranges because is very dynamic. some have changed twice in one day. you just ordered so expect several.

Says May 20th-June 17th. :/

you just ordered.. the dates will shift around, then not move, then shift one day and not the next. it does you no good to worry each day checking the app. it will notify you when you need to do something (you may get a text about trade in, etc). i have had 6 or so date changes since my order on 1/19, this is my second tesla purchase. the darker trims are last to get built in the batches. just make sure you have completed all the steps the app asks you to do so your reservation moves along swimmingly. :)

sa's dont know anything at all. dont keep asking them questions -- they can only speculate based off their experience with prior reservation and timelines but there is no rhyme or reason why some get vins sooner than others, and vice versa. once you get a vin they can give you some more info then but process is entirely automatic and in theory you dont ever have to talk to an sa. i never got one on this reservation and on my first one even though i was "assigned" an sa, she never say anything to me.

Reactions: Blacktes24
sounds accurate unfortuntly. i am in NY also, and i ordered on 1/15. i will be lucky to get my car in march. makes sense that you will get pushed into the next quarters and they look to push within the quarters.

@CheapBastid had michellins on his. all seasons so its kinda hit or miss on what you get currently.
It is definitely good to know. I would like to know if they were the high-performance Michelin tires. Like all things Tesla there is no way to know what kind of a chance you have of getting anything. As much as all seasons would be better for my delivery and next couple of months, the uberturbines and all-season combination would really complicate things for me.

I called Tesla yesterday, so see if i changed to another color, i could get the car quicker, and the phone goon said if i made a change, it resets the clock and i start over again at the back of the line.

Dunno how accurate that is, but that is how the conversation went. I am going to stick it out and wait.

Although, Eury's car looks absolutely incredible in red... 😯👍
You go to the back of a different line (that of the new config), which could be shorter, longer, or the same length as your current spot in your current line…

I would actually prefer Michelin all season tires. Then a separate 18“ wheel track and tire combo with high performance tires.
Understood. Driving any high performance tires around on our roads (yours and mine) on Uberturbines is a crap shoot. My additional variable is I am leasing and have to return the tires and wheels in good condition. Reluctantly, I think I prefer high performance summer tires and just wish they were not the Pirelli tires.

I originally selected to pick the car up at the service center but they switched it to home delivery. Question for those that had home delivery - what type of truck was it delivered on? I live in a single family development on a dead end - if they bring a car carrier down here they will not be able to turn around (even a long trailer with three cars on it). I assume there is some communication with the driver prior to delivery?
My home delivery involved the guy driving it to my house, parking out in my driveway, and then taking an Uber back to the SC. He said he does about 5-7 deliveries per day. I’m less than ten miles from the SC.

Last edited:
Eury said:
Picked my M3P up at noon yesterday in Paramus NJ here’s my son at the first bathroom break in CT couldn’t be happier with the car. Stupid fast, comfy, just a great drive home to NH....

Did the car come with the high-performance tires or all-season tires? If all season what manufacturer?
Pirelli P-Zero high performance. They were pulled off and replaced with 18” Continental DWS06 Plus today.

Attachments

• 42899FA6-DCD1-47F7-BFC3-E1BD7474ACD1.jpeg
    42899FA6-DCD1-47F7-BFC3-E1BD7474ACD1.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 95