Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can you confirm what tires are on the car?

this is correct. you should not worry about the date ranges because is very dynamic. some have changed twice in one day. you just ordered so expect several.

you just ordered.. the dates will shift around, then not move, then shift one day and not the next. it does you no good to worry each day checking the app. it will notify you when you need to do something (you may get a text about trade in, etc). i have had 6 or so date changes since my order on 1/19, this is my second tesla purchase. the darker trims are last to get built in the batches. just make sure you have completed all the steps the app asks you to do so your reservation moves along swimmingly. :)

sa's dont know anything at all. dont keep asking them questions -- they can only speculate based off their experience with prior reservation and timelines but there is no rhyme or reason why some get vins sooner than others, and vice versa. once you get a vin they can give you some more info then but process is entirely automatic and in theory you dont ever have to talk to an sa. i never got one on this reservation and on my first one even though i was "assigned" an sa, she never say anything to me.
Tempted to change my color to white and then maybe wrap someday but I don't know how much it will speed it up.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
She’s here!

No issues with delivery (after a bit of a false start on Tuesday).
what a performer!

And you KNOW that oil stain on the driveway isn’t from the M3P.
81E1678D-71ED-420F-B5C8-3B2D3EF460C6.jpeg

Just ordered a Black on Black Performance! Order Date: 22 Feb
Delivery Range: 26 May - 23 Jun

I already have a full set of floor mats and roof bars on the way for some reason…

I will probably grab some Enkei RPF1 18x9.5s and good 255/45r18s (All Seasons…) as well so I can toss them on when I get home to get the most resale out of the factory 20s.

The only slightly annoying thing is I need to fly out and drive back 7 hours due to all the silly dealer protection laws out there. But, we are going to make a trip out of it so I can’t complain!

• Love
I had my SA reach out to me to see if I wanted a car that became available. It was a Red/White M3P but it turns out it had 500 miles on it and had some sort of damage (that had been repaired). They would knock $2K off the price. I said thanks, but no thanks.

We talked briefly about my order (M3P, MSM, 2/6 OD, April 20 - May 18 EDD). This would be NY/Mt Kisco delivery. SA was a really nice guy. ...The SA was a really nice guy. He is the same one I talked to before I ordered and had questions. He did ask my about colors and if another new M3P becomes available if I would be interested and I told him yes but only if brand new and not damaged.
what is the SA's name? Mine is Jomaine. Super chill nice d00d.

• Funny
Picked my M3P up at noon yesterday in Paramus NJ here’s my son at the first bathroom break in CT couldn’t be happier with the car. Stupid fast, comfy, just a great drive home to NH made one charging stop at about 240mi for 11min and went from 20%-80%. Absolutely incredible, blows away the ID4 my wife drives when it comes to charging.

Build quality wise I can’t find a single fault with the exterior of the car. The interior is mostly perfect aside from the steering wheel not being aligned, it’s a couple of degrees left of center when going straight. I’ll book a service appointment and get it dealt with.

Couldn’t be happier with my new car.
View attachment 773214

View attachment 773215
I missed you by about 15 mins! I showed up early and picked up my M3P at 11:45.

Reactions: Eury
After getting my VIN on Tuesday, I got the text saying it was my turn to schedule my delivery appointment. When I got home, I clicked the link. Promptly my joy turned to fear as I went to a screen that said "Sorry, there aren't any more appointments". It gave an 888 number to call Tesla, and I did.

I confirmed my account with Regina, a wonderful, helpful service rep, and she asked me when I wanted to schedule my pickup. (I'm in AZ and will go to the Mesa center) I chose Friday 2/25 at 2pm.

I asked a couple more questions to confirm everything looked okay with my status and then asked why I could get an appointment on the App. She said all appointments were taken but she just scheduled me in at 2pm. They only had one appointment per hour.

Can't wait for pick up tomorrow. I hope all goes well. I know I'm very luck to go through this process so fast -- less than 4 full weeks start to finish. I'll give one more update here this weekend.
I was scheduled for 3 pm Saturday at Mesa, it was the only option given to me. Today I received a text message saying that I qualify for home delivery and was told I could choose between 9-12 or 12-4. If I did not reply, I would be defaulted to the earlier time. I texted back that I wanted to pick up a Mesa delivery center. They sent me back a text stating that they do not do in person deliveries in Mesa and would have to accept home delivery as the only option.
Do not be surprised if they do the same to you.
Luckily I have a cashiers check, so I will not hand it over until I have the opportunity to go over the car.
I have this bad feeling.....
I am going to drive by the delivery center tomorrow since it is about 20 min from my house and see if my car is there so I can try to take a look at it.

My M3P order went in on 2/20, website saying “March 2022” delivery estimate. EDD came back as June 13- July 11 and is still holding there. Response to my text question on this was, “the EDD will change many times between now and delivery”. Also asked them to confirm that I had completed all tasks, which they did
We're in the same boat. My guess is it will update sometime next month and we will know if we are making the end-of-quarter or being pushed out further. I honestly don't think we'll be waiting until June. Did you order an MSM paint?
We are also Atlanta, ordered 2/20 and our EDD says late March. Ours is white/black M3P. Wondering if we are about to see our date shift.

I had my SA reach out to me to see if I wanted a car that became available. It was a Red/White M3P but it turns out it had 500 miles on it and had some sort of damage (that had been repaired). They would knock $2K off the price. I said thanks, but no thanks.

We talked briefly about my order (M3P, MSM, 2/6 OD, April 20 - May 18 EDD). This would be NY/Mt Kisco delivery. SA was a really nice guy. I asked that when I submitted it said March but then bumped me to April - May. He told me this is pretty normal with dates and builds and there is chance I may get a March delivery but not likely. If not March then because of when M3 is built I am really most likely looking at a late April VIN with a May delivery (2 weeks from CA to NY). So it does seem like my April 20 to May 18 EDD is going to be close. Not a huge deal to me with the Winter still going strong here even well into March but I think the March delivery Tesla gives us here on the East Coast is a little disingenuous.

The SA was a really nice guy. He is the same one I talked to before I ordered and had questions. He did ask my about colors and if another new M3P becomes available if I would be interested and I told him yes but only if brand new and not damaged.

Not sure if this helps.
And just like that my EDD this morning March 18- March 31st ! So there is hope :)

OD 2.6 MSM, M3P, trade, cash
EDD March 2022
EDD April 20 - May 18
EDD March 18 - March 31st

just switched from LR to P last night, had a vin already for the LR and EDD 3/7-3/11, curious how far ill get pushed out. no rush on my end tho, just took delivery of a MYP yesterday for the SO and its so much better than my current '18 3 mid range!
I am thinking your color/interior combo might have an effect along with the current end of financial quarter push. Then there is a past tendency of Tesla to make sure East coast cars get across the country to count for end of quarter. While they are supposed to have adjusted that push, there have been a great many East coast deliveries lately.