Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it comes down to the following and your feelings/ability on the matter:

1. Are you okay with the increased “maintenance” of black paint
2. Will you be ok with the increased upkeep of the white seats? (I have white seats in my Model Y right now, I have to wipe them down every so often with baby wipes to keep them clean vs the black seats of my old Model 3 which I only cleaned during my interior cleaning sessions)
3. Are you ok with the increased spend on a configuration you may not have preferred from the start?
4. Do you need a car right now or can you wait out your original config without much impact to your life?

If you answer yes to all of those then I guess you can safely pursue the black car today.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for breaking it down logically. I COULD answer yes to questions 1-3, but my want for the car is clouding my judgement, especially after waiting as long as someone of us have. I definitely dont need a car right now. I have another vehicle that ive been driving in the meantime, so its not urgent.

I think the lack of transparent updates in my current order make it a bit more challenging.

I think i am going to turn it down and stick with my current options.

My prior M3P was black and it looked amazing from a distance. However, if you are OCD at all about paint imperfections you will be very disappointed because even the lightest scratches are much more visible. PPF wouldn't even have helped because the paint quality was already full of imperfections from the factory. A white car would be ideal but I compromised and ordered MSM for my next one.
Thank you very much for this. I do consider myself as OCD about certain things and that would probably drive me nuts.

I know the place I have taken my previous vehicle will do minor paint corrections before applying ppf. If you're willing to pay for it. I'm going with blue, hopefully it won't be too bad. Not sure if I will get ceramic for the parts I don't get ppf. I think all ppf would be expensive? Will get quotes first.

So I received a call from my SA this morning and there is a M3P currently available and asked if id be interested and it would be for immediate delivery.

It would be Black w/ white interior....

Here is my current order:

OD 2/14 - MSM / Black / No FSD
EDD - 4/22 - 5/20 (Hasnt changed since OD)

Typically I would stay away from Black cars in Pittsburgh and I was typically nervous about the white interior just for normal wear and tear reasons, but given my desire for a car, I am debating about taking it.

Thoughts?

Damn it! That’s my spec, they shipped it to the wrong state. Do you know when the car was produced or if they gave you a vin?

Damn it! That’s my spec, they shipped it to the wrong state. Do you know when the car was produced or if they gave you a vin?

I dont. All the SA said was that the car was headed to Illinois initially, but could be "intercepted". It sounds to me that they have a national database of some sort that shows all vehicles and where they are headed. I am wondering if maybe when someone cancels or declines, these cars become available and can be picked up.

When I asked if I could take some time to decide, she said I could, but she made it sound like the sooner the better, as it could potentially be picked up by anyone. I would have had to pay a $500 transportation fee, so it sounds like its still heading to Illinois unless someone picks it up and is willing to pay the fee.

I called my SA a few weeks back and asked to be taken into consideration for any of these types of situations, so I suspect that's why they called.

6cldgs.jpg

Delivery Location: Houston TX
MSM M3P
Order Date: February 16

-02/16/2022 EDD1: April 28 - May 28
-03/30/2022 EDD2: April 15 - May 13
-04/12/2022 Trade In Text Received
-04/14/2022: April 26 - May 10

Hope to receive VIN next week.
Our OD is only 4 days apart and we both have an MSM delivery in Houston. Definitely let me know if you get an update since we should be on the same truck.

Reactions: Nick65 and Rodney!