Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s speculation right now because of how Tesla changed the wording on the website for the UMC description. There are no confirmed cases of cars being delivered to date that didn’t come with it that I‘ve come across on the various forums so far. But everyone should definitely keep it in mind when picking up your car and check for it.

Remember, when we all ordered, the configurator showed it as an included item with our purchase. If they want to remove it from new orders going forward then that’s their bad call to make but we ordered with the UMC being part of the included items.

If anyone wants a screenshot of the site showing the wording as just a few days ago stating that it is included for proof, here you go:

View attachment 793925

It would be disappointing if they stopped including the bundle with the car, especially since it's out of stock on the website. Kind of like Apple, buy one or just use the charger from your other/last Tesla lol.

It would be disappointing if they stopped including the bundle with the car, especially since it's out of stock on the website. Kind of like Apple, buy one or just use the charger from your other/last Tesla lol.
Disappointing is an understatement, I plan on doing a majority of my charging with the mobile charger. If they don’t include it with the car and it’s out of stock on the website, how am I supposed to charge anywhere other then a Tesla charging station?

I'm putting this info out there in case anyone else runs into this situation.

If you are out of town during your delivery window it is less of an issue in a state like Texas. Texas laws prevent Tesla from acting as a dealer which means there is almost no interaction between the buyer and the employee at the delivery location. No power of attorney, driver's license or other documentation is needed before someone can take possession. On the delivery day you can make the payment transfer remotely and then you will be able to unlock the car through the app. The active key cards are locked inside so someone you designate can drive it away. In my case there won't be anyone driving it away because the preferred PPF installer is literally next door so they can work on it while I'm gone. Now the only issue is finding someone you trust to identify scratches or other flaws because you only have 24 hours to log them in the app.

Got an update yesterday and it went the wrong way...still wishing that we can get it in April 🤞
M3P White /Black no FSD. Charlotte NC

OD : 02/26
EDD : March
EDD : May 10- June 7 (02/27)
EDD : April 23 - May 28 (03/22)
EDD : April 18 - May 16 (03/30)
EDD : April 21 - May 2 (04/03)
EDD : May 4 - May 18 (04/09)
Another update...2 days early 😂
M3P White /Black no FSD. Charlotte NC

OD : 02/26
EDD : March
EDD : May 10- June 7 (02/27)
EDD : April 23 - May 28 (03/22)
EDD : April 18 - May 16 (03/30)
EDD : April 21 - May 2 (04/03)
EDD : May 4 - May 18 (04/09)
EDD : May 2 - May 15 (04/15)

Does anyone else see anything funny going on with the account page? It’s asking me to reapply for the lease/finance…
Financing approval is only good for so long. Thus, my SA advised claiming a cash payment at order and switching and applying when I got the vin as to avoid hitting my credit twice. Worked like a charm.

Delivery is tomorrow morning. Stoked.