Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. The fact that you’re willing to accept this sales tactic doesn’t make me overly dramatic. I was told ordering a car from Tesla was a superior experience. “no shady sales tactics, easier ordering, good customer service”. It clearly is not. If anything it’s worse. And this isn’t about comparing one EV to another. Teslas claim is that they are a better experience to ICE cars. This simply is not true. I was cross shopping all cars not just EVs when I made this purchase decision.

and I haven’t even started about the bullshit upgrades to get the car faster or the fact that people who have orders the exact same car after me have already received it.

First off. I listed all EVs. The issue you are experiencing is a delay most likely due to the supply chain. This is happening across the board and I don’t believe it’s due to shady sales tactics.

Shady sales tactics? What shady sales tactics are you experiencing with Tesla? Did your car arrive and they change the price on you to add a dealer markup? How is this worse?

M3P Black/Black, No FSD

OD 2/24/22
EDD March
EDD 5/20-6-17
EDD 5/6-6/3
EDD April 26-may 24th.
EDD May 6th-May 20th.
EDD April 28th-May 11th.

Update today. May 11th-May25th😭

I figured it was coming got pushed back this AM.:(
Sucks. I do notice that most (not all), EDDs that are being pushed back are still within the original (first) EDD window at least. If we all could temper our expectations that we will be lucky to receive our car within the first window, that would be good. At least that’s how I’m looking at it.

Reactions: Kroe10
I knew I should have stayed off this thread this morning. I too have become victim to Tesla's tomfoolery.

Never would I have imagined when I ordered this car in February with a "March" delivery estimate would I be receiving it 3 months later instead of 1 month.

I'm now looking at May 17 - June 14. It's actually getting closer to the EDD I received a day after I ordered. At the time I thought there was no way that EDD could be accurate. Well, here we are.

If you want all the details, I keep them in my signature. It's really hard staying positive when you're being yanked around more than an abusive ex who says they've changed only to be caught lying again.

I'm with you all on the frustration on the EDDs jumping around, but the grass is most certainly not greener on the other side. A year ago I had decided to buy a Volvo XC40 Recharge that was "on the truck" with an ETA of 5 days. I sell my old car. A week goes by. No update. Dealer feeds me BS. Another week. Another week. No update. Turns out the car was being held in US port with multiple issues, including a recall they provided me no information about. I bailed on the order, and learned later it took 2 months for that dealership to get the car.

I will give Tesla credit for providing information at all. Granted it jumps around too much, but I don't think they are intentionally driving us crazy. Unintentionally, absolutely.

No. The fact that you’re willing to accept this sales tactic doesn’t make me overly dramatic. I was told ordering a car from Tesla was a superior experience. “no shady sales tactics, easier ordering, good customer service”. It clearly is not. If anything it’s worse. And this isn’t about comparing one EV to another. Teslas claim is that they are a better experience to ICE cars. This simply is not true. I was cross shopping all cars not just EVs when I made this purchase decision.

and I haven’t even started about the bullshit upgrades to get the car faster or the fact that people who have orders the exact same car after me have already received it.
That’s how I feel as well.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
I'm with you all on the frustration on the EDDs jumping around, but the grass is most certainly not greener on the other side. A year ago I had decided to buy a Volvo XC40 Recharge that was "on the truck" with an ETA of 5 days. I sell my old car. A week goes by. No update. Dealer feeds me BS. Another week. Another week. No update. Turns out the car was being held in US port with multiple issues, including a recall they provided me no information about. I bailed on the order, and learned later it took 2 months for that dealership to get the car.

I will give Tesla credit for providing information at all. Granted it jumps around too much, but I don't think they are intentionally driving us crazy. Unintentionally, absolutely.

Imagine having no app and your only EDD is whatever communication you get or don't get in your example from the dealer.

Exhibit A: Q4 order lead times

Exhibit B: Wanted to test drive a Mach-E. None available anywhere. If the dealer gets one, they are usually sold within the same day at a $3000-$10000 markup above MSRP. If you were to order one, it takes "3-6 months."

I agree about the sales tactic. Right now on the Tesla website, the EDD for a Performance model is June - August 2022. We all know that's a bunch of BS. I ordered in early March and my EDD is June to late July and I'm in So Cal.

First off. I listed all EVs. The issue you are experiencing is a delay most likely due to the supply chain. This is happening across the board and I don’t believe it’s due to shady sales tactics.

Shady sales tactics? What shady sales tactics are you experiencing with Tesla? Did your car arrive and they change the price on you to add a dealer markup? How is this worse?
Unrealistic delivery date promises to get a $250 fee that won't be refunded

Stringing people along to entice them to upgrade for a faster delivery.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
I have realized from looking at this forum - among other sites - that the EDDs are quite unreliable…but has anyone had variability as outlandish as the following?

OD: 3/25
MI, Black/black, no FSD, no trade, cash
EDD1: May-June
EDD2: June 9 - July 26
EDD3: August-Sept
EDD4: June 9 - July 26
EDD5: Oct 2 - Nov 27

I contacted a sales associate and was advised that something transient likely happened at the factory and it will bounce back soon. Can I then infer that this means mine is likely coming from Shanghai? Lol
Omg! Super odd..

M3P black/black with FSD

Then reconfigured to

M3P MSM/black with FSD

Socal pick up

OD: 3/23
EDD1: May 19-June 19
EDD2: June 2-July 15
EDD3: June 5-July 10

June will be a big delivery month for everyone. Tesla prioritizes 3rd month of the quarter deliveries for US customers. I ordered early April, was hoping for June delivery, but I anticipate it will be September. My EDD still says June-Aug. I have a MY and this is just their process. Trust me it is worth the wait. My advice, don't look at your EDD every day(I know that it is hard). It isn't a sales tactic. Performance model delivery has really slowed down over the last 6 months unfortunately. After you get the car, you will look back and laugh at your self for stressing about DD's.

June will be a big delivery month for everyone. Tesla prioritizes 3rd month of the quarter deliveries for US customers. I ordered early April, was hoping for June delivery, but I anticipate it will be September. My EDD still says June-Aug. I have a MY and this is just their process. Trust me it is worth the wait. My advice, don't look at your EDD every day(I know that it is hard). It isn't a sales tactic. Performance model delivery has really slowed down over the last 6 months unfortunately. After you get the car, you will look back and laugh at your self for stressing about DD's.
Lmao. I am obsessed looking and checking 10x a day or more 😂

Reactions: toquar and Ace_23
Pick up my M3P tomorrow! I’m in the Sacramento area. Ordered a White M3P with black interior on 12/25. Received VIN on 12/31.

EDD: January 25 - February 25
EDD: January 2 - January 5
EDD: January 5 - January 8
Received text notification to schedule pickup on Jan 5.
Pickup scheduled for Jan 7.
☝️that is not very long ago... 🤯

I have been digging through this thread, and it seems like the delays have gotten ridiculous for orders since the beginning of this year.

I have poked around for other Ev's, and I keep coming back to Tesla. The performance/range/cost, even after the most recent price hikes, is still attractive. Add the supercharger network, and well, I guess i will continue to sit here (im)patiently. 😾