Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone added insurance yet through the app? My current policy expires (renews) on July 5th and the Tesla app won't take that date because it says, "Policy must be valid for at least 60 days after delivery date."

Do I just put some arbitrary date in there? Of course I'm not letting my insurance expire.
I have the same issue. Called Progressive and they were dumbfounded why Tesla is requiring proof 60 days out.

I went ahead and just entered the policy end date of when my next renewal will end. Which is December.

If they ask I'll explain.

Reactions: jessepotter
Feb 6 order finally got my VIN today for a May 9-13 delivery window. Then my wife hits me with a blindside “maybe you can change it to a Model Y Performance and I’ll get rid of my vehicle and you can keep your Supra”…

I really don’t feel like waiting 3-4+ months again… But I do enjoy the Supra even though I don’t drive it much (2 seater with 3 kids)..

Feb 6 order finally got my VIN today for a May 9-13 delivery window. Then my wife hits me with a blindside “maybe you can change it to a Model Y Performance and I’ll get rid of my vehicle and you can keep your Supra”…

I really don’t feel like waiting 3-4+ months again… But I do enjoy the Supra even though I don’t drive it much (2 seater with 3 kids)..

Sell the Supra, get a MYP? :)

I'd check the resale value right now on your Supra across all the various online buyers (Vroom, Carvana, etc)..

Reactions: Nick65
I have the same issue. Called Progressive and they were dumbfounded why Tesla is requiring proof 60 days out.

I went ahead and just entered the policy end date of when my next renewal will end. Which is December.

If they ask I'll explain.
So you were able to enter the insurance into the app?

It wont let me select a date, and my card is from 5/5/22 to 8/5/22. The date just will not work, both the start and end date...

What am i missing?

I chose a date sometime after the 60 days and it took it. Doubtful a human is going to look at this.
Er... I did every combination and neither field will accept a date.

I got my financing sorted, 72mo @2.14%. that is ready to go. I just can't figure out the insurance part...

I texted the SA, and well, crickets...

*NINJA EDIT* SA responded, and uploaded insurance. SAWEEET!!! :)

Last edited:
*sobs quietly in the corner*

6dyj0r.jpg

I heard it takes 90 minutes to make a Model 3
Giga Berlin takes 10 hours to build a Y, which apparently is an extremely short amount of time by auto industry standards and is enabled by that car's front and rear megacastings and their resulting manufacturing efficiencies (source: Reuters). I'd guess that the M3 line @ Fremont - which isn't state of the art like Berlin or Austin - takes longer than 10 hours from start to finish.

Mark V Supra?

Reactions: thill444
Er... I did every combination and neither field will accept a date.

I got my financing sorted, 72mo @2.14%. that is ready to go. I just can't figure out the insurance part...

I texted the SA, and well, crickets...

*NINJA EDIT* SA responded, and uploaded insurance. SAWEEET!!! :)
Great financing - can you share the bank used for the loan? Any special terms or down payment required? Thanks so much for the help.