Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish more people put in the work instead of just taking whatever interest rate the manufacturer gives you.

I've worked hard for my credit scores over these past years. I'm not settling for anything less than the very best I can get.
It's a balancing act that I consider to be quite personal. You have to put some sort of value on your time and what it is worth to hunt for that perfect deal, as well as the potential cost of the institution that you are working with. Is it worth dealing with a bank that forces you to spend 2-3 hours in a branch to save .5% rather than being 100% remote? I'd call that debatable. A bank that will ACH instead of forcing you to send a check via UPS? Running around trying to get physical paperwork? I can say that I will pay a premium for a bank that is easy to work with and that has excellent customer service.

Reactions: Sheefo2k
It's a balancing act that I consider to be quite personal. You have to put some sort of value on your time and what it is worth to hunt for that perfect deal, as well as the potential cost of the institution that you are working with. Is it worth dealing with a bank that forces you to spend 2-3 hours in a branch to save .5% rather than being 100% remote? I'd call that debatable. A bank that will ACH instead of forcing you to send a check via UPS? Running around trying to get physical paperwork? I can say that I will pay a premium for a bank that is easy to work with and that has excellent customer service.
I started writing a rebuttal, but I'll just leave this handy tool here for others to use. Everyone can decide what their time is worth to them.

really frustrates me as it showed the rate and terms were accepted just like it does now. said the next step was to downlaod the tesla app just like it did now. I just accepted the crappy rate and exact same page came up next. I'll refinance it after. I just want it to be seemless for pickup.

How do I make the downpayment in the app or on my account?
I actually just clicked on the payment tab, and poked around. After you add insurance, you can add a bank account.

Be careful, as apparently Tesla will save this linked account forever... i was reading that on another thread earlier today... 😳

I am going old school and paying with checks. Easier to walk away if I reject the car...

Hello ,
I am taking delivery of a 22 M3P next week the 8th digit of the vin is a “C” which I’ve read apparently indicates the rear motor is the 3D1 and not the 3D6 hairpin! Other posts I’ve read state that the 3D6 is only being delivered in Shanghai! Has anyone gotten a vin assigned for Fremont or taken delivery on a M3P with a “L” vin 8th digit (3D6) wondering if it’s worth delaying delivery to hold out for the 3D6 or if it’s not worth it !
Thank you

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
I actually just clicked on the payment tab, and poked around. After you add insurance, you can add a bank account.

Be careful, as apparently Tesla will save this linked account forever... i was reading that on another thread earlier today... 😳

I am going old school and paying with checks. Easier to walk away if I reject the car...
Did you add your own insurance or Tesla? I haven't been able to get it to let me purchase with Tesla yet. I got done with all the steps and it said to speak with a Tesla agent or wait until I have a delivery date.

What insurance did you go through? Geico trying to charge me $315 a month too. Yuck. Progressive wasn’t able to give me a quote online ugh so I have to call in the morning.
I did a lot of prep for insurance. State Farm for me in Texas was the most bang for the buck. Other places were cheaper but had a higher deductible. For me I have two vehicles I am getting rid of one to get a Tesla. My insurance is going up $80 with the same coverage.

Hello ,
I am taking delivery of a 22 M3P next week the 8th digit of the vin is a “C”... Has anyone gotten a vin assigned for Fremont or taken delivery on a M3P with a “L” vin 8th digit (3D6) wondering if it’s worth delaying delivery to hold out for the 3D6 or if it’s not worth it !
My VIN is a C as well, delivery is scheduled for two weeks from now. Personally, I have waited 4 years for this car, so it could have a brushed motor from a makita drill for all i care... As long as there us no physical damage and it powers up, i am taking it! 😎
Did you add your own insurance or Tesla? I haven't been able to get it to let me purchase with Tesla yet. I got done with all the steps and it said to speak with a Tesla agent or wait until I have a delivery date.
I have other insurance, based out of upstate NY.
Has anyone found a definitive answer on if we are getting charging cords? My SA said they thought so on any order before April 17th.
Well, the easy well to tell is to look at your window sticker. The mobile connector is listed on my window sticker, so it better be in the car on delivery day... 👀🤗
Screenshot_20220427-053809_Gallery.jpg

For me I have two vehicles I am getting rid of one to get a Tesla. My insurance is going up $80 with the same coverage.
Same here, I have multiple vehicles and i removed a 2021 F250 and am replacing it with the M3P. Cost is negligible, and will be ~$140 more a year.

Fyi, window sticker displays the current MSRP, not the price most of us locked in earlier! So, the delays were worth it, we all made $ on these things before picking them up... It is like we scalped ourselves, but kept the merchandise. SWEET!!! 🤣😂🤣 Thanks Elon! 😘
Screenshot_20220427-055325_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
My VIN is a C as well, delivery is scheduled for two weeks from now. Personally, I have waited 4 years for this car, so it could have a brushed motor from a makita drill for all i care... As long as there us no physical damage and it powers up, i am taking it! 😎

I have other insurance, based out of upstate NY.

Well, the easy well to tell is to look at your window sticker. The mobile connector is listed on my window sticker, so it better be in the car on delivery day... 👀🤗
View attachment 798041

Same here, I have multiple vehicles and i removed a 2021 F250 and am replacing it with the M3P. Cost is negligible, and will be ~$140 more a year.

Fyi, window sticker displays the current MSRP, not the price most of us locked in earlier! So, the delays were worth it, we all made $ on these things before picking them up... It is like we scalped ourselves, but kept the merchandise. SWEET!!! 🤣😂🤣 Thanks Elon! 😘
Where did you find the window sticker?:)

Hello ,
I am taking delivery of a 22 M3P next week the 8th digit of the vin is a “C” which I’ve read apparently indicates the rear motor is the 3D1 and not the 3D6 hairpin! Other posts I’ve read state that the 3D6 is only being delivered in Shanghai! Has anyone gotten a vin assigned for Fremont or taken delivery on a M3P with a “L” vin 8th digit (3D6) wondering if it’s worth delaying delivery to hold out for the 3D6 or if it’s not worth it !
Thank you

Look like you are correct with the L value for the 8th entry.

Where did you find the window sticker?:)
I asked the SA to send it, because i needed it for my loan. He emailed it along with the purchase agreement.
Look like you are correct with the L value for the 8th entry.
Not sure it makes any sort of difference at this point. For me, this is not an heirloom car. If Tesla comes out with a Model 3 Plaid, i will flip mine in a heartbeat...