Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you financing with Tesla are you guys adding the vehicle to your current insurance policy before you get it? My delivery is supposed to be from today through May 7th. I'd like to go ahead and add it so I can complete the next steps.

For those of you that have added it before you have taken delivery what do you put for your purchase date?

For those of you financing with Tesla are you guys adding the vehicle to your current insurance policy before you get it? My delivery is supposed to be from today through May 7th. I'd like to go ahead and add it so I can complete the next steps.

For those of you that have added it before you have taken delivery what do you put for your purchase date?

I can’t add before I get a VIN and I for sure are not going to pay a premium for a vehicle that’s not in my possession.

Reactions: Gulfcoaster
I can’t add before I get a VIN and I for sure are not going to pay a premium for a vehicle that’s not in my possession.
I forgot to include for those of you who have a vin like me. And they require you to have insurance to take possession of the vehicle. And mine should be in my hands in less than a week so I'm not worried about paying a week or less worth of premium. I'd like to complete my delivery tasks but can't yet because I have to have insurance.

I forgot to include for those of you who have a vin like me. And they require you to have insurance to take possession of the vehicle. And mine should be in my hands in less than a week so I'm not worried about paying a week or less worth of premium. I'd like to complete my delivery tasks but can't yet because I have to have insurance.
You could simply ask your insurer to make your policy on your new car effective a future date. That is possible.

6etp1x.jpg

I am wondering when I will be told my delivery date/can set my delivery date. My EDD was April 29th to the 5th. Now May 3rd-7th. I would think it has to be close enough they can set a date. I really hope it's no later than the 9th or 10th at the absolute latest as I don't think I will be available for a week due to work.

Are they open Sunday? I assume not in IL as no other car dealers are.