Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll post again and you can do with this what you will.

I was able to finance with a local credit union at 1.38%. If you have great credit, there is no reason to settle for over 2% even now.

Some people will argue the value of their time and that's up to you. Use the below calculator to punch in some numbers and see what the difference will be over the course of 5 years.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rodney!

I was able to finance with a local credit union at 1.38%. If you have great credit, there is no reason to settle for over 2% even now.

Some people will argue the value of their time and that's up to you. Use the below calculator to punch in some numbers and see what the difference will be over the course of 5 years.

Please list what credit union you financed with and when. Rates have gone up consistently and I do not see any rates below 2% other than DCU which gets you to 1.99% if its an EV + Direct deposit. Data from a month ago might not be current. Have you checked the rates on that credit union you financed with recently? Rates are constantly changing. What you got a few weeks ago, isn't accurate of what is today.

Edit: Looked through your post history. Looks like you went to Delta Community Credit Union.

How did you join? Was it through an association? How much did you pay to join if that was the case?

Last edited:

depends on how many months you want to finance for. 48/60/72 are all different. I don't think you will find anything at 2% for 72 months.

Date just pushed back on my Tesla app again by 1 day. May 4th-May 8th. Starting to get pretty annoyed that nobody at Tesla will tell me anything.

Very close to saying F it and walking in a dealership and buying a car and being gone in an hour.

If it's stressing you out that much, just do it.

Good luck with the dealer. We couldn't find the car we wanted for my wife without waiting months from both Lexus and Audi. I was kicking tires on getting a Mach-E from Ford and they couldn't give me an accurate delivery window either. They completely removed the ordering process now as well. Can't find a ID.4. or the Hyundai EV6 as well. What kind of car are you going to just walk into a dealership and be gone in an hour these days?

Date just pushed back on my Tesla app again by 1 day. May 4th-May 8th. Starting to get pretty annoyed that nobody at Tesla will tell me anything.

Very close to saying F it and walking in a dealership and buying a car and being gone in an hour.
Before you do that, contact your state's attorney general office and file a complaint. This is not an acceptable way to do business. I used to think those states that were afraid of letting Tesla do business were out of line, but I'm not so sure on that at this point.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Rodney! and tone228
OD FEB 14 here. Still no VIN.
Can I put in an application to join the other guys in the circus with March OD's
:)
We are accepting applications for the March Smuck's Club and based on your criteria you have excellent approval odds. Welcome to the Sh_t show!!

Attachments

• mr-bean.gif
    mr-bean.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 167
If it's stressing you out that much, just do it.

Good luck with the dealer. We couldn't find the car we wanted for my wife without waiting months from both Lexus and Audi. I was kicking tires on getting a Mach-E from Ford and they couldn't give me an accurate delivery window either. They completely removed the ordering process now as well. Can't find a ID.4. or the Hyundai EV6 as well. What kind of car are you going to just walk into a dealership and be gone in an hour these days?
I've seen people ordering boats from non "high tech" companies that are getting much better service than this. The boat company sends them a photo the day the boat is "born". They get daily updates as the boat is being built and when something is held up, they get a response with exactly what that hold up is and how long they expect it to be. And these aren't expensive boats. They are $45-140K boats. They are also built, first in first out. None of this, skipping over customers bullshit.

Tesla can and should do better here.

• Love
Reactions: Rodney!
I've seen people ordering boats from non "high tech" companies that are getting much better service than this. The boat company sends them a photo the day the boat is "born". They get daily updates as the boat is being built and when something is held up, they get a response with exactly what that hold up is and how long they expect it to be. And these aren't expensive boats. They are $45-100K boats. They are also built, first in first out. None of this, skipping over customers bullshit.

Tesla can and should do better here.

Apples Oranges
Boats Cars

Not the same at all. Try ordering a John Deere Riding Lawnmower. They are a year out.

Get back to me with a fair comparison or this argument is moot.

Reactions: Rodney! and Nick65
Apples Oranges
Boats Cars

Not the same at all. Try ordering a John Deere Riding Lawnmower. They are a year out.

Get back to me with a fair comparison or this argument is moot.
Yo Not That M3,

Quick question for you. When you changed to the Performance, did that change your order date on your "order agreement"? I ask because I had originally placed an order for m3LR on 1 March, but when I changed to m3p it moved my order date to 03 March, which is the day I made the change.. Just curious.