Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of us trying to figure out Tesla's algorithms and methods for EDD's and Vins...
AfraidPiercingCatfish-size_restricted.gif

The delivery shifts are annoying but it's happened to me before ordering cars from legacy automakers pre-pandemic. I'm not sure the experience is better with other brands if you are ordering. If mine slides back I'm okay with that and the more annoying thing to me is the possibility if my $80k car shipping with dime store reflector headlights.

OHHH GOOD ****ING NEWS!

I just got our THIRD reschedule of our deliver date. NOT the ****ing EDD, this is the actual delivery day. This company.
Yeah that’s just nuts. My estimated delivery date has shifted three times now this week and each time it shifts by one day. Keep in mind I have had my Vin number for probably two weeks and I have yet to receive a schedule delivery text message so I can’t imagine what you’re going through. My service advisor said that the vehicle is sitting at the railroad station in Illinois and waiting to be shipped over here to Minnesota.

All of us trying to figure out Tesla's algorithms and methods for EDD's and Vins... View attachment 800411
I don't think there are any algorithms or structure at Tesla manufacturing honestly. I think the orders come in and they build with whatever bin parts they have and ship them out whenever they can find trucks going wherever....

Yeah that’s just nuts. My estimated delivery date has shifted three times now this week and each time it shifts by one day. Keep in mind I have had my Vin number for probably two weeks and I have yet to receive a schedule delivery text message so I can’t imagine what you’re going through. My service advisor said that the vehicle is sitting at the railroad station in Illinois and waiting to be shipped over here to Minnesota.
It‘a completely absurd. Ask your service advisor if the car has a charge port Ours acted like they just learned about it today and have just now ordered the parts. Of course that doesn’t matter if the car is making three trips across the country.

It‘a completely absurd. Ask your service advisor if the car has a charge port Ours acted like they just learned about it today and have just now ordered the parts. Of course that doesn’t matter if the car is making three trips across the country.
So I did ask him about a charge port ECU problem or a charge port missing problem which he Explained to be a non-issue. He then said my car will come with a charger lol. Like I said I don’t know what to think anymore and this entire process has been uttered the garbage. I am tempted every day to place a deposit on a rivian and just wait for that thing to show up.

Please list what credit union you financed with and when. Rates have gone up consistently and I do not see any rates below 2% other than DCU which gets you to 1.99% if its an EV + Direct deposit. Data from a month ago might not be current. Have you checked the rates on that credit union you financed with recently? Rates are constantly changing. What you got a few weeks ago, isn't accurate of what is today.

Edit: Looked through your post history. Looks like you went to Delta Community Credit Union.

How did you join? Was it through an association? How much did you pay to join if that was the case?
My company partners with Delta Community, but they accept most local residents. Joining a credit union is normally just a $5 requirement in a savings account. The 1.38% rate they are offering is good through the end of May.

Credit union membership requirements will limit a lot of people, but it doesn't hurt to look for everything available to you in the local area. Most financial institutions post their rates right on their website. No need to drive anywhere or call anyone.

Reactions: RuTang
The delivery shifts are annoying but it's happened to me before ordering cars from legacy automakers pre-pandemic. I'm not sure the experience is better with other brands if you are ordering. If mine slides back I'm okay with that and the more annoying thing to me is the possibility if my $80k car shipping with dime store reflector headlights.

I did European Delivery on one of my BMWs back in the day. I picked it up in Munich, Germany, drove it to several different countries, then put it on a boat in Nice, France. Waited for it to come 4 months later. BMW only had so much to give me as far as tracking. This was across every European Delivery customer and not me. Today, people have the technology at their grasp so they have more to complain about. Like everything else, just be patient...

Just my two cents.

My company partners with Delta Community, but they accept most local residents. Joining a credit union is normally just a $5 requirement in a savings account. The 1.38% rate they are offering is good through the end of May.

Credit union membership requirements will limit a lot of people, but it doesn't hurt to look for everything available to you in the local area. Most financial institutions post their rates right on their website. No need to drive anywhere or call anyone.

I've looked at over 20 lending institutions, both banks and about 10 credit unions. DCU is the lowest rate I have found up to now. For you to say it's easy to find under 2% APRs on new loans, that's a bit misleading IMO. If it were that easy, we would have more reports of them. We don't. Delta seems to be a hard CU to get into and their rates is an outlier.

Tesla is definitely confusing. I was originally supposed to pick up my M3P on 5/6 (Friday). Then was called and told the car delivery is delayed "due to weather by 1-2 weeks". They cancelled my pickup appointment and sure enough the app delivery date changed to May 9-13th.

Then late yesterday the delivery date changed to May 3-7th. This morning it changed to May 4-8th. I contacted my SA via text and he said I should be getting a text in the next couple of days to schedule pickup. So I guess the car is there but they must be slammed. I just wanted to make sure if I miss my delivery window that I won't lose the car and the SA told me I am good to go and will get a date for pickup soon.

I am fine with it, it's just confusing and I wanted to share for others as I am sure I am not the only one with constantly changing pickup dates.

I've looked at over 20 lending institutions, both banks and about 10 credit unions. DCU is the lowest rate I have found up to now. For you to say it's easy to find under 2% APRs on new loans, that's a bit misleading IMO. If it were that easy, we would have more reports of them. We don't. Delta seems to be a hard CU to get into and their rates is an outlier.
I have access to many credit unions and none of them are below 2% for me right now (top tier credit, 60-72 months financing). If you can get sub 2% right now (obviously you could very recently until the most recent interest rate hike) grab it. Because interest rates are expecting to get another hefty hike and I suspect even sub 3% will be hard to get soon.

Reactions: Not That M3
I have access to many credit unions and none of them are below 2% for me right now (top tier credit, 60-72 months financing). If you can get sub 2% right now (obviously you could very recently until the most recent interest rate hike) grab it. Because interest rates are expecting to get another hefty hike and I suspect even sub 3% will be hard to get soon.

I have access to about 6-7 of them (accounts at each). Plus, I looked at other ones in an auto loans approval thread on the Ficoforums. I can't find anything below 2.24% other than DCU.

Sooo, I’m still on May 4th - May 14th edd.. no vin, no contact, nothing. Still kind of lost on how Tesla gets their Edds. Feels like people just plug in dates without knowing. I checked source code to see if I can find my vin too.. nothing. Kind of curious on when I’ll even get a vin or any contact from Tesla.

Reactions: RuTang