Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I have to apologize. My SA informed me that my car, vin 241299 built on 4/25, was the last one to be built with Matrix headlights and proper charge port... If you have a vin of 241300+ or the car was built after 4/25, you will be waiting for a LONG time...

giphy.webp

This thread needs moar laughter dammit... 😘

Original Order: Black M3P w/ White Interior March 15th
Original EDD: May-June
Vin got matched 2 days after order and delivery was available 3 days after vin got matched. Had to release the vin as I wasnt ready for delivery

Updated order: Red M3P w/ White Interior April 11
EDD was May 17th-June 17th

Updated on 5/2 : Nov 1 - Dec 27th 2022
I changed mine to red and got vin two weeks later. I believe you will get one soon.

Reactions: jdOTM3P
This was why i ordered. Ordered late feb and it said march delivery. LR AWD was may/june. As soon as I ordered it the EDD went to late may/june.

Yup. They got an extra 5-6k out of me on the promise of April Delivery. I ordered on the day their site switched from March to April Delivery too, so I figured I'd get it late April at the latest. Ah well. Just wish they'd be more conservative with their estimates when you're ordering.

Yup. They got an extra 5-6k out of me on the promise of April Delivery. I ordered on the day their site switched from March to April Delivery too, so I figured I'd get it late April at the latest. Ah well. Just wish they'd be more conservative with their estimates when you're ordering.
Or it’s an algorithm that takes in hundreds or thousands of variables that makes the EDD such a dynamic thing. You should read some of the engineering discussion in the LR thread.

Or it’s an algorithm that takes in hundreds or thousands of variables that makes the EDD such a dynamic thing. You should read some of the engineering discussion in the LR thread.
EDDs post-order (in account/app) seem to be more accurate than what was originally shown on the ordering page, which seem to have been optimistic as we're all noticing. That's what I'm saying, not that it's not complicated.

For example, when I ordered the site said April Delivery. The day after, my account/app said June. If it's June, they should've known that when I placed the order, and they should be more consistent.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Now they just called and text some bad news.😭

"I called a few moments ago to let you know your vehicle has arrived here at Bloomington. There is currently a "hold" on your vehicle to be delivered as it appears they are going to upgrade the charging inverter to the latest technology onsite."

Pretty sure I won't be available to take delivery on it now if it will be delayed much as I won't be able to miss work after monday next week. 😓

Is this MN?

Reactions: Lindenwood
Your VIN was 237xxx right? I have the same charging port issue also and mine is 2365xx. Anyone else with a VIN near ours should prepare to be disappointed.
Vin 240XXX here and I am preparing myself for this bullshit. I called out my senior service advisor on this problem and he made it sound like that was not a thing, he continued by saying my car will come with the charger!

EDDs post-order (in account/app) seem to be more accurate than what was originally shown on the ordering page, which seem to have been optimistic as we're all noticing. That's what I'm saying, not that it's not complicated.

For example, when I ordered the site said April Delivery. The day after, my account/app said June. If it's June, they should've known that when I placed the order, and they should be more consistent.
Could be deception. Could be it uses a different code and isn’t updated as often. Analytically, it’s a general time frame regardless of configuration.

Vin 240XXX here and I am preparing myself for this bullshit. I called out my senior service advisor on this problem and he made it sound like that was not a thing, he continued by saying my car will come with the charger!
yeah u will get a charger but the car will probably need a piece. guessing the wrong part was part of the reason for delays and then they shipped them out knowing they were wrong.

Well, my day is off to a great start! Around 6:45 this morning (central time) I got a text message informing me that I have been assigned a VIN! My EDD also changed again, tightening down to a 4 day window positioned at the back end of my previous 2 week window.

My VIN was immediately visible under Manage in my account on the Tesla website so there was no opportunity for me to discover it earlier that that hidden in the source code; I checked yesterday and it wasn't there. Interestingly, the VIN is not visible to me anywhere within the Tesla app on my (Android) phone. Insurance information was requested and available to uploaded via the app though. No other pre delivery tasks available to complete yet (buttons grayed out).

Speaking of the insurance upload, I did use a PDF, as suggested by someone previously, and that part went fine, but I did have some trouble entering the date for the policy expiration. Tapping the date field brings up a set of month-dd-yyyy scroll selectors to allow you to pick a date, but when I tapped "Set" to accept the selected date, I kept getting a red error message above the date field (which was still empty) saying "Expiration date must be present." Turns out, the solution was to just tap the blue Done button as if I was trying to complete the form. When I did that, the date I'd selected suddenly appeared in the date field and the error message went away. I then tapped Done a second time and everything was submitted. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has the same issue.

Anyway, I'm excited! Guess it's time to order all my accessories...

Hang in there everyone!

Order Details: M3P, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, No FSD
Delivery Location: Memphis, TN
OD: 3-5-22 (April estimate)
EDD 1: 05-09-22 to 06-06-22 (At ordering) (4 weeks)
EDD 2: 05-29-22 to 07-03-22 (On 04-20-22) (5 weeks)
EDD 3: 05-31-22 to 06-28-22 (On 04-25-22) (4 weeks)
EDD 4: 05-13-22 to 05-26-22 (On 04-29-22) (2 weeks)
EDD 5: 05-21-22 to 05-24-22 (On 05-05-22) (4 days)
VIN text message received with above EDD.