Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friend of mine went to the local showroom to find out about his SR+ order that he had since October and keeps getting his EDD pushed out over the last 6 months.

He asked about my Performance order for me while he was there and they told him that I’ll get my car in my current two week window or sooner based on what they were seeing. They said they were seeing Performance deliveries moving up in bulk on their system.

Taking it with a grain of salt and all that but hopefully the EDD journey is nearing an end.

Imagine getting a VIN and a car in the same month!! You west coasters have it made!
west coast.gif

We do have it good, not gonna lie. However, we have ridiculous housing costs, sky high fuel prices, outrages grocery prices, and a *sugar* government.. We are paying for the great weather, lifestyle, and access to Tesla deliveries.. lol...

I don't think you can just show up with a check. You have to pay from your bank to Tesla using their online Plaid system (at least that I was what I had to do).
Incorrect. You can pay with certified bank check(s).

I will be paying with multiple checks myself. No way am I paying for a car sight unseen. Nope. Not gonna happen... 🤗

To be clear, I am not that concerned about getting the fancy “Extr3me M4ximum H4rdness Triple Deep Gl0ss” coatings. I like to wash and wax my cars somewhat regularly so I bought some hybrid wax / ceramic stuff from the store that reviews indicate is probably closer to a high-end wax than what we really think of as a “ceramic coating.”
Ceramic coating works wonders. I coated my raptor 2 years ago and its still holding strong, nothing sticks including bugs and washing is a breeze.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Ive heard of some BS about double charging on their end. Im paying half, i would hate to have issues with that shizz later. I figured cash or check would avoid a headache.
I don't want to give Plaid(tesla third party financial processing co) my user name and password to my bank account for the down payment. I plan to bring a cashiers check but have to check with my SA first.

"As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good."- Generation Kill, Cpl Josh Ray Person.

Today at 10:05 PDT, I got a text from the Tesla Delivery Center saying a VIN had been assigned.View attachment 800878

I've schedule pick up for tomorrow around noon. I promise I will update the group with my findings on charger, matrix headlights, etc.. Additionally, I won't forget you all.. You have been my sincere comic and stress relief! If it wasn't for this group i'm not sure i'd still be going down this path. So thank you all.

Stand by for photos!!

DuecesView attachment 800880
See you on the other side brother. You've paid your dues. RIP

Just got off the phone with the service center. My car arrived there yesterday as I said earlier in the thread but was on "hold" waiting on the new inverter. Part won't be there for 7-10 days and he said it's most likely 10 days and could possibly get pushed out beyond that. He said when they actually get the part they can install it in 30 minutes so then he will schedule all the cars he has to do them on within 48 hours of receiving them.

I asked if it's such a simple fix why not go ahead and deliver the cars and then schedule installation at a later date and I forget why he said Tesla wouldn't let them. Sigh.....

What is the story with the inverter anyways? He told me something about the new superchargers being installed soon(or already being installed) will charge much faster but they have to have the new inverter.

• Informative
Reactions: 8rain and Rodney!
Just got off the phone with the service center. My car arrived there yesterday as I said earlier in the thread but was on "hold" waiting on the new inverter. Part won't be there for 7-10 days and he said it's most likely 10 days and could possibly get pushed out beyond that. He said when they actually get the part they can install it in 30 minutes so then he will schedule all the cars he has to do them on within 48 hours of receiving them.

I asked if it's such a simple fix why not go ahead and deliver the cars and then schedule installation at a later date and I forget why he said Tesla wouldn't let them. Sigh.....

What is the story with the inverter anyways? He told me something about the new superchargers being installed soon(or already being installed) will charge much faster but they have to have the new inverter.
First time I’m hearing that one. Sounds suspicious.

Reactions: Rodney!

where is your service center? Why will the parts not be there for 10 days, meanwhile the factory is shipping cars with them? What kind of BS is that?