Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with the service center. My car arrived there yesterday as I said earlier in the thread but was on "hold" waiting on the new inverter. Part won't be there for 7-10 days and he said it's most likely 10 days and could possibly get pushed out beyond that. He said when they actually get the part they can install it in 30 minutes so then he will schedule all the cars he has to do them on within 48 hours of receiving them.

I asked if it's such a simple fix why not go ahead and deliver the cars and then schedule installation at a later date and I forget why he said Tesla wouldn't let them. Sigh.....

What is the story with the inverter anyways? He told me something about the new superchargers being installed soon(or already being installed) will charge much faster but they have to have the new inverter.
They are talking about the same charging port issue holding up deliveries in the LR waiting room so it doesn't seem to be just our cars.

Incorrect. You can pay with certified bank check(s).

I will be paying with multiple checks myself. No way am I paying for a car sight unseen. Nope. Not gonna happen... 🤗
I just got back from my local credit union with two certified cashiers checks, my down payment and the loan amount.

Who do we make the checks to?

Tesla Inc? In the note section put the VIN number?
This is exactly what I did.

If I show up and there is something wrong with the car I don't feel good about, I'm walking and taking the money with me.

where is your service center? Why will the parts not be there for 10 days, meanwhile the factory is shipping cars with them? What kind of BS is that?

Probably a logistics issue. If they can ship the cars to their end location and install a part in 30 minutes to "finish" them, that's probably preferable than having them sit at Fremont taking up space.

the superchargers? i'm not sure but some part of it he said was supposed to be hush hush and he shouldn't even probably tell me but he wanted to tell me for full transparency.
Yeah it sounds like it’s just the same missing Charge Port ECU that’s plaguing many deliveries right now. They are shipping cars to service centers without this part and then are shipping the part when it becomes available for installation at the SvC.

You lose the $250.
thats what i thought but thought i read someone else say might be on the hook for the freight as well.

i'm 50/50 on walking on this right now. it's a joke to show the delivery date when they know it's wrong and you have 0 chance of getting it then because the part is further away from showing up than the latest possible delivery date.

to add to the part of it being annoying IL is offering a $4k rebate starting July 1st for any electric vehicle purchase. Going to be about a month off from that.

Who do we make the checks to?

Tesla Inc? In the note section put the VIN number?
Corrrct, checks needs to be made to Tesla Inc. As per Tesla's instructions, the RN number needs to be on the reference line. The VIN does not need to be on the checks, although i cant see where it would hurt if it was. 😎

50/50 on walking on this right now....

to add to the part of it being annoying IL is offering a $4k rebate starting July 1st for any electric vehicle purchase. Going to be about a month off from that.
Imho, I would decline your existing car when it is finally ready, then take delivery of the next one... That should put you after July 1st, thus in your rebate window. Win/win. 🥳😁

Last edited:
So it isn't an "upgraded" system like I was told and it's a problem with whatever was sent out? Or they just weren't even ready and sent out? Someone, somewhere is lying.😂 I need to check the other waiting room i suppose.
Search "Charge Port ECU" on Reddit in the past week. Most people seem to agree it's an ECU that needs to be replaced but some people are saying the actual charge port is missing. The ECU seems more likely. I'm also seeing VIN#"s ranging from 235xxx to 238xxx that are impacted. I'm going to swing by Tesla this evening and see if I can find my car in the lot.

Search "Charge Port ECU" on Reddit in the past week. Most people seem to agree it's an ECU that needs to be replaced but some people are saying the actual charge port is missing. The ECU seems more likely. I'm also seeing VIN#"s ranging from 235xxx to 238xxx that are impacted. I'm going to swing by Tesla this evening and see if I can find my car in the lot.
Keep me posted. I am planning on doing the same as well, it is on my way home from work.
Like I stated in the past, SC has had many Ys and 3s with either a taped up charging port or with "Charger ECU" written on painters tape or Tesla official sticker with charger ECU PN listed on the windshield.

Keep an eye out for the red circular sticker on the windshield compared to the previous old blue ones. Not sure if that means, did not pass inspection or not.

thats what i thought but thought i read someone else say might be on the hook for the freight as well.

i'm 50/50 on walking on this right now. it's a joke to show the delivery date when they know it's wrong and you have 0 chance of getting it then because the part is further away from showing up than the latest possible delivery date.

Go through with the purchase and drive straight over to Carmax and sell it, or sell it private party, or with Carvana and possibly make some profit. I know the price for a performance went up $4,000 since I placed my order.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I check source code? Thanks.
Go to your Tesla page. on your browser
"As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good."- Generation Kill, Cpl Josh Ray Person.

Today at 10:05 PDT, I got a text from the Tesla Delivery Center saying a VIN had been assigned.View attachment 800878

I've schedule pick up for tomorrow around noon. I promise I will update the group with my findings on charger, matrix headlights, etc.. Additionally, I won't forget you all.. You have been my sincere comic and stress relief! If it wasn't for this group i'm not sure i'd still be going down this path. So thank you all.

Stand by for photos!!

DuecesView attachment 800880
YESSIR! Guess I lost the bet LMFAOO. Congrats my man. Mine unfortunately got pushed back 🥹

Corrrct, checks needs to be made to Tesla Inc. As per Tesla's instructions, the RN number needs to be on the reference line. The VIN does not need to be on the checks, although i cant see where it would hurt if it was. 😎

Imho, I would decline your existing car when it is finally ready, then take delivery of the next one... That should put you after July 1st, thus in your rebate window. Win/win. 🥳😁
but if i decline then i get the increased price i assume. whole thing just annoys me. getting a brand new car but it has to be worked on at the service center before i can get it because it was sent from the factory not ready..