Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Search "Charge Port ECU" on Reddit in the past week. Most people seem to agree it's an ECU that needs to be replaced but some people are saying the actual charge port is missing. The ECU seems more likely. I'm also seeing VIN#"s ranging from 235xxx to 238xxx that are impacted. I'm going to swing by Tesla this evening and see if I can find my car in the lot.
Let me know what you find out. I would go drive and look at it since it is there but it's 1.5 hours away and won't get my car any faster. lol

but if i decline then i get the increased price i assume. whole thing just annoys me. getting a brand new car but it has to be worked on at the service center before i can get it because it was sent from the factory not ready..
INCORRECT. If you decline the car, they will build you another at the same price as your OD.

If you do this enough times, Tesla will force their hand and cancel your reservation. Others have declined ~5 cars, trying to get the ryzen cpu etc.

I read that one guy still had an OD from 2020 that he kept putting on hold and then declining the cars. Eventually they told him "take this car otherwise we are cancelling the agreement".

Reactions: Maric
Eh I doubt they would offer much over 66k+- which is what my cost is after tax. and that was with the 4k cheaper order as well.
My same configuration with no FSD.
Capturesss.PNG

Go to your Tesla page. on your browser

YESSIR! Guess I lost the bet LMFAOO. Congrats my man. Mine unfortunately got pushed back 🥹
Dang man! I'm sorry to hear yours got pushed back. I wouldn't be surprised if that changes in the next few days. It was really surprised when I got the test this morning. I had checked the app, the webpage, the source code and nada.. around 10:05... ding ding.. Test saying a vin had been assigned. It took a while for the app to show the vin but it was there on the webpage.

It'll happen for you soon. Sending all the good vibes for ya!

INCORRECT. If you decline the car, they will build you another at the same price as your OD.

If you do this enough times, Tesla will force their hand and cancel your reservation. Others have declined ~5 cars, trying to get the ryzen cpu etc.

I read that one guy still had an OD from 2020 that he kept putting on hold and then declining the cars. Eventually they told him "take this car otherwise we are cancelling the agreement".
Wait what about the CPU? Is that one more thing to worry about? What's the difference in Performance on the 2 ?

hmmmm. this is something to think about. i need to get clear on the details from IL on the rebate. make sure there are no income requirements. i've waited this long i could try and save another 4k.

Reactions: Rodney!
Supply chain issues are worse than ever. GM had to shutdown the Corvette plant again, Nissan has delayed the launch of the new Z, BMW can’t make cars either at several plants. It’s pretty much the same story everywhere. I ordered 2/6 for a March delivery and was told today what was supposed to be my 5/6 pickup now will likely be during the week of 5/16. But who knows? Nothing I can do at this point and the only other cars I would consider have 6-12 months waits and likely dealer markup.

thats what i thought but thought i read someone else say might be on the hook for the freight as well.

i'm 50/50 on walking on this right now. it's a joke to show the delivery date when they know it's wrong and you have 0 chance of getting it then because the part is further away from showing up than the latest possible delivery date.

to add to the part of it being annoying IL is offering a $4k rebate starting July 1st for any electric vehicle purchase. Going to be about a month off from that.
Put your car on hold if you want that rebate. Make sure you understand the rebate and if you qualify for it. If it's a tax credit, understand how to qualify. I am not from IL, so I don't know.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rodney!
Supply chain issues are worse than ever. GM had to shutdown the Corvette plant again, Nissan has delayed the launch of the new Z, BMW can’t make cars either at several plants. It’s pretty much the same story everywhere. I ordered 2/6 for a March delivery and was told today what was supposed to be my 5/6 pickup now will likely be during the week of 5/16. But who knows? Nothing I can do at this point and the only other cars I would consider have 6-12 months waits and likely dealer markup.
bUt TeSlA iS tHe WoRsT eVaR, FaNbOiZ! :rolleyes: