Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably a logistics issue. If they can ship the cars to their end location and install a part in 30 minutes to "finish" them, that's probably preferable than having them sit at Fremont taking up space.
No doubt, but the parts should be ready as soon as the cars arrive, since it’s significantly easier to ship parts than cars. From my understanding, these cars are sitting on service center lots waiting for the parts to arrive. Meanwhile the factory has them and is delivering cars with them. Thats the bullshit part.

No doubt, but the parts should be ready as soon as the cars arrive, since it’s significantly easier to ship parts than cars. From my understanding, these cars are sitting on service center lots waiting for the parts to arrive. Meanwhile the factory has them and is delivering cars with them. Thats the bullshit part.
Finally got my SA to admit today that this is the case with mine, after doing the daily EDD push all week. Still showing EDD of May 5 - May 9 in the app, but he said the part is scheduled to arrive the week of the 16th.

Anybody else feel like there might be a big delay on this charging thing thats delaying deliveries for cars on the lots?
I stopped by the delivery center and talked to them. They were actually really nice even though I'm sure they have had a tough job lately. They confirmed my car and a few others in Houston are waiting on a part for the charging port but they are expecting them as early as tomorrow.

Reactions: Blacktes24
Carmax
Carvana
Vroom
Shift
Might be others.

It really depends on their formulas. My wife can get more for her car on Carvana than all. Vroom gives me the most on my car. Carmax has been middle of the road for me. Best bet is to try all.
Hey Guys, Check out DriveAway. They've offered way more than anyone else. There whole process is virtual, which is a little strange but my good buddy just sold his truck and got full amount. I'll update more as I finish the process of selling my truck..

I had to update the timeline in my signature because I literally ran out of character space. I whacked everything between order date and my VIN being assigned.

Here's the entire story for those who are interested. Notice I'm within my current delivery range and no firm delivery date yet.

Model 3 Performance | MSM | White | No FSD | Cash | No trade | Atlanta
OD: Feb 18, 2022 EDD website: March
2/19: EDD 6/13 - 7/11
2/25: EDD 4/25 - 5/23
4/15: EDD 5/1 - 5/14
4/20: EDD 5/17 - 6/14
4/25: VIN assigned EDD 5/12 - 5/16
4/27: VIN text received, SA emailed me.
4/29: EDD 5/13 - 5/17
5/3: EDD 5/5 - 5/11

Still no schedule delivery text.
Yeah my delivery was pushed to May22nd. I guess the delivery trucks are backed up.

Reactions: jessepotter
Hey Guys, Check out DriveAway. They've offered way more than anyone else. There whole process is virtual, which is a little strange but my good buddy just sold his truck and got full amount. I'll update more as I finish the process of selling my truck..
Thanks. Highest online offer so far. Waiting for my local Porsche to make me an offer and will go with the highest of course.

There's also Driveway.com and AutoNation. I just sold my BMW lease to AutoNation, it was very smooth. In an out in an hour check in hand.