Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two charging stops in on my 500 mile trip home!

Initial thoughts:

1) The acceleration on an empty stomach did make me feel very slightly nautilus, but I got used to it after a few pulls!

2) Did I mention the acceleration? Jesus.

3) Stopping and walking around during supercharging stops is quite interesting. I had to walk past a bunch of neat bars in Colorado Spring to hit up a McDonalds for a quick to-go snack :p .

4) Autopilot is better than my 2019 RAV4, but I have had a couple of phantom braking events (one requiring accelerator intervention to keep from getting rear ended). But, overall it is pretty solid. I got lazy and ended up in the dog house during the last leg, though :p . “Autosteer disabled for the remainder of this trip!!”

Hang in there, friends!!!!!

EEE04484-0C9A-4034-9C3A-6B98C89B85A6.jpeg

Initial thoughts:

1) The acceleration on an empty stomach did make me feel very slightly nautilus, but I got used to it after a few pulls!

3) Stopping and walking around during supercharging stops is quite interesting. I had to walk past a bunch of neat bars in Colorado Spring to hit up a McDonalds for a quick to-go snack :p .

4) Autopilot is better than my 2019 RAV4, but I have had a couple of phantom braking events (one requiring accelerator intervention to keep from getting rear ended). But, overall it is pretty solid. I got lazy and ended up in the dog house during the last leg, though :p . “Autosteer disabled for the remainder of this trip!!”

View attachment 801040

Congrats bud. The black looks great. Happy and safe travels!

Initial thoughts:

View attachment 801040

Congrats! A long drive home after buying a new car is a great experience. The BMW I've mentioned in this thread I bought from a dealership 400 miles away, as it was the only 6 speed on the entire west coast. That drive home was a major bonding experience, lol. Glad you're enjoying it! Shame to hear about the phantom braking incident though. I was hoping those reports were overblown, but looks like it's something we'll have to live with until they merge the FSD stack with autopilot. Fingers crossed. Car looks great, btw! And the big one is great too ;)

Hey I see you are in California as well, have you shopped around for financing checked out any other options ? I was thinking of going to San Diego County Credit Union to check what deal I could get there but I've seen a lot of people mentioning DCU.

It's definitely worth checking out. I work at a pretty big tech company which has a Tesla discussion channel. Most of those folks have recommended DCU, so I figured I'd go with them.

M3P/MSM/Black Interior/No FSD

Order date: 3/4
Original EDD: April 26-May 24th
April 30th-May 14th
May 1st-May 14th
May 4th-14th
(updated today) Current EDD: May 7-May 21st

It seems that whenever I enter an EDD window, I am in it for 2 days at best, then get pushed out of it. It has been frustrating considering I sold my vehicle in preparation for the vehicle and it continues to be pushed back. Anyone have any insight on what could be going on?

Reactions: cdkee and cf2111
M3P/MSM/Black Interior/No FSD

Order date: 3/4
Original EDD: April 26-May 24th
April 30th-May 14th
May 1st-May 14th
May 4th-14th
(updated today) Current EDD: May 7-May 21st

It seems that whenever I enter an EDD window, I am in it for 2 days at best, then get pushed out of it. It has been frustrating considering I sold my vehicle in preparation for the vehicle and it continues to be pushed back. Anyone have any insight on what could be going on?
I am going into my 2nd two week window tomorrow… I have a feeling I will get pushed back also.

OD 3/07
Most recent EDD (4/24) May 6th- May 20th

Initial thoughts:

View attachment 801040
Okay. Being a little more deliberate about keeping some pressure on the wheel, the autopilot is tremendously better than my RAV4.

On a scale of 0-10, with 5 being “take it or leave it,” my RAV4’s autosteer (“Lane Tracing Assist”) was about a 6. As in, it was about as good as having a tipsy friend steer from the passenger seat, where it would lose the lane lines at least once a minute unless on a very straight road with VERY bright and sharp lines. It was better than nothing, and I would have still rather had it than not, but nothing to brag about.

Alternatively, I am at about an 8.7 with the Model 3. In 200+ miles so far it has yet to lose the lines. It would get another 0.3 if I didn’t have to re-engage autosteer after every lane change. I am reserving the last 1.0 to see if the phantom braking cures itself after continued calibration.

But MAN this thing drives nice. So happy with this purchase!

It is worth the wait!!

2046F800-E7D6-4A7F-A477-0BF0DF1A28B1.jpeg

It's definitely worth checking out. I work at a pretty big tech company which has a Tesla discussion channel. Most of those folks have recommended DCU, so I figured I'd go with them.
I just filled in my application and already got an email back saying they won't help me finance the full amount but that I can finance $48k out of the $73k. I guess I should have put something on the line called down payment lol. I wonder if I can fill a new application there or if that shows up in my credit report

I just filled in my application and already got an email back saying they won't help me finance the full amount but that I can finance $48k out of the $73k. I guess I should have put something on the line called down payment lol. I wonder if I can fill a new application there or if that shows up in my credit report
Might be an income or credit thing. I can finance 60k with them. Didn't try more. I'm prequalified more elsewhere fwiw.

Well the alternative was they stopped producing cars at the factory until the charge ports arrived and that would have resulted in even further delays.
ORRRRR, the alternative is to have the charge ports ready at the service center for when the cars arrive. Why are the cars sitting on the lots without charge ports? My service center claimed they didn’t find out about the missing ports until a day ago and had to order them. Why didnt The factory send them By default. Someone had to have made the decision to ship the defective cars.

Reactions: Panel Gaps