Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been pushing along similar lines by text and finally got them to admit yesterday that it is the charger part and the line is they don’t expect the part until the week of 16th. EDD just keeps moving one day at a time, currently 5/6-5/10.

After a week of them telling me they have no way of knowing where the car is, just this morning got them to confirm that the car is physically at the Decatur, GA store.
So within an hour of texting the SA regarding the part availability and them agreeing to keep me in the loop on timing, I got a “Congratulations, it’s your turn to schedule delivery” text with slots open for the next three days. I knew better, but went ahead and confirmed a slot for Sunday.

But then asked them and got confirmation that the scheduling text (while from the same #!) is totally automated and has nothing to do with the actual timing of the delivery.

What a crazy system!! Seems to be a true right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing situation. It seems it would be greatly improved by differentiating the auto-texts vs. actual human contact or maybe simply restricting the system’s ability to auto schedule or move the EDD once the part issue was flagged.

I think the headlights you'll get depends on what "Joe" on 2nd shift electrics pulls out of the parts bin that the forklift dropped off that day.....
Dude, no way! You know Joe, too? We went to Berkeley together. Stand up guy. I told him to do me a solid and make sure the matrix goes on all black cars.

Good luck bro - hopefully I’m not too far behind you. Driving past Mt. Kisco Tesla soon on way to Target, will keep an eye out for your M3P MSM in case she rolled out….
Thanks bro but no need to!

I just got word that the truck is late and will be arriving tomorrow morning. According to the person I spoke to my car does not need parts, otherwise they would have rescheduled delivery earlier this week...

According to them we're still on schedule for a Sunday delivery!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

I just got word that the truck is late and will be arriving tomorrow morning. According to the person I spoke to my car does not need parts, otherwise they would have rescheduled delivery earlier this week...

You better post pics inside and out so that I may live vicariously through you!

Your concern is valid. I think the answer is most likely a lot more complicated than people think it is. While not acceptable and I'm not apologizing for Tesla, I tend to not worry about things out of my control. It sucks, we want our cars, but we can't really do anything about it.. You're welcome to express your opinion though, that's what this thread is for. Just my 2 cents. I hope that came off in a non-dismissive, non-apologist way.
Nah I appreciate your opinion and you cutting Tesla more slack than I am. Just salty over several things but the 2 main ones were before you place the order and they take your $250 deposit they give you an estimate 2+ months ahead of what it is after you actually order. And my main concern is others getting their cars that were built later while the ones who ordered earlier have to wait to wait and have to have a portion of their "new" car taken apart to put in a piece that the car was shipped without.....

It's good to hear from you, but I am getting a different message from my SA and I ordered weeks before you. Strange. Perhaps mine needed parts and yours doesn't. Or mine is on a different truck that had a bigger delay. My latest (yesterday) is to expect to get a text to schedule pickup the week of 3/16. WTF??

• Disagree
Reactions: Rodney!
Quick update, traveling this week so of course this is the week of multiple updates. TESLA called today and the car is there (Princeton NJ) so scheduled delivery for tomorrow. I had originally scheduled it for the 11th. Not counting my chickens yet seeing what others are going through. I'll post an update tomorrow and a final timeline with lessons learned once I accept delivery in the hope it helps others. More details in my sig. best to all!

Nah I appreciate your opinion and you cutting Tesla more slack than I am. Just salty over several things but the 2 main ones were before you place the order and they take your $250 deposit they give you an estimate 2+ months ahead of what it is after you actually order. And my main concern is others getting their cars that were built later while the ones who ordered earlier have to wait to wait and have to have a portion of their "new" car taken apart to put in a piece that the car was shipped without.....
I have ordered cars to be built from Ford, Chevy, BMW, Audi, Jeep, etc. They typically build cars in batches which includes certain exterior colors and features. It's luck of the draw sometimes. A certain interior and exterior color may get a batch build job and someone that ordered after you gets their car built and delivered first. I ordered my car 2/6 and have people in this thread that ordered 2-6 weeks after me getting their car before me at the same pickup location (or on the East Coast at different pickup locations). It definitely sucks, but it's the way it works.

I got lucky with my Wrangler Rubicon PHEV. From the day I placed the order to it being delivered at the dealer was 28 days. It turns out my color choice and options aligned with an early build week and people that had ordered almost a month before me waited longer because of their exterior color choice.

I keep telling myself that even if it takes 4 months (which it is going to be close it seems) that is 8 months faster than ordering a comparable BMW i4 right now (BMW dealers told me to plan for 12 months from order to delivery). So there is that :)

7453018B-C8BB-407E-8D93-40239E2979D3.jpeg
Sorry if this comes through twice. Delivery experience was excellent. We were in and out in 15 min. Build quality better than expected. 3 small items to note but nothing major at all. Just me being picky.

All Model 3’s from RWD, LR, and Perf had matrix headlights. My car came with mobile charger and adapter. No issue with charge port either.

I’ll detail more when I get home. Just didn’t want keep you all waiting. I know how much each little bit of info helps.

View attachment 801333Sorry if this comes through twice. Delivery experience was excellent. We were in and out in 15 min. Build quality better than expected. 3 small items to note but nothing major at all. Just me being picky.

All Model 3’s from RWD, LR, and Perf had matrix headlights. My car came with mobile charger and adapter. No issue with charge port either.

I’ll detail more when I get home. Just didn’t want keep you all waiting. I know how much each little bit of info helps.

Thanks for update! Car looks amazing and glad everything went smoothly. Look forward to more details.

Last edited:

RIGHTEOUS!! Sunday going to be a great day, Mother’s Day notwithstanding 😊

View attachment 801333Sorry if this comes through twice. Delivery experience was excellent. We were in and out in 15 min. Build quality better than expected. 3 small items to note but nothing major at all. Just me being picky.

Thanks for the update and congratulations! Looks great!

I never paid attention to your sig but we have the exact same build. Congrats again!

Reactions: RuTang
Lol I am rooting for you for my man.

My SC has mostly Ys and a few 3s on the lot and just like your place only one performance.

My vin is 240XXX: They finally confirmed that my car has the missing part but the part is on order. They’re hoping both, the car and the part, will show up early next week and the car should be ready for pick up by the end of the week.

On a good note: my updated trade in offer came back 26% higher and so I obviously accepted. It makes up for all of these delays.
26% is amazing. My offer also went up slightly even after taking a 1500 mile road trip.

Reactions: Sheefo2k

Truck crashed and all the cars it was carrying flew into a nearby embankment, the cars are all totaled except for the old headlights which Tesla will promptly install on your replacement vehicle.
EDD XX/2023

Truck crashed and all the cars it was carrying flew into a nearby embankment, the cars are all totaled except for the old headlights which Tesla will promptly install on your replacement vehicle.
EDD XX/2023
Just for that, i am gonna stick a banana in your tailpipe sunday... 🍌🚗

View attachment 801333Delivery experience was excellent. We were in and out in 15 min. Build quality better than expected. 3 small items to note but nothing major at all. Just me being picky.
CONGRATS!!! Good luck with it! Let us know what the picky items are, so we can be on the lookout....
RIGHTEOUS!! Sunday going to be a great day, Mother’s Day notwithstanding 😊
Damn skippy it will be a good day. I have faith! 🙏
It's good to hear from you, but I am getting a different message from my SA and I ordered weeks before you. Strange. Perhaps mine needed parts and yours doesn't. Or mine is on a different truck that had a bigger delay. My latest (yesterday) is to expect to get a text to schedule pickup the week of 3/16. WTF??
3/16? wut? And a few hours ago, my car was pinged in dirty Jersey somewhere. Nick was probably drooling on it... :p

I will go back tomorrow afternoon and scout around again. I am going to be useless from now until my delivery appointment...
You better post pics inside and out so that I may live vicariously through you!
Of course! I got more goodies today, and will setup a staging area in the shed so i can tear into her as soon as i get in the driveway!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ