Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for update! Car looks amazing and glad everything went smoothly. Look forward to more details.
Thanks PG!
Thanks for the update and congratulations! Looks great!
Muchas Grassy Ass!
I never paid attention to your sig but we have the exact same build. Congrats again!
That's because we are geniuses!!
Not That m3.gif

Okay here are the items I saw...
1. My passenger front headlight was slightly protruding compared to the driver's side. It's really small but I can feel it.
2. On the rear seats there was some oily smudge marks that were kind of hard to get off. It looked like someone with lotion on their hands was installing them and didn't wipe them off so it dried. I've got some interior cleaner I'm going to use on it. (or Dirty Mike and the boys were having a soup kitchen in there last night.. SMH)
3. This last one is hard to explain and even harder to notice but i'm super OCD.. On the Bumper panel below the rear tail light on both sides, more along the side than the rear, if you look at just the right angle and with the right light you can see what looks like welding bumps from where the body panels are put together. I don't think anyone would really notice but as it was a bright sunny day and I was looking it over with a fine tooth comb, i noticed. Nothing made me complain or schedule a repair but just thought you all might be interested.

Anything else you guys want to know?

The ride home was bad ass!!! It's fun car to drive for sure!

Last edited:
Thanks PG!

Muchas Grassy Ass!

That's because we are geniuses!!
View attachment 801367

Okay here are the items I saw...
1. My passenger front headlight was slightly protruding compared to the driver's side. It's really small but I can feel it.
2. On the rear seats there was some oily smudge marks that were kind of hard to get off. It looked like someone with lotion on their hands was installing them and didn't wipe them off so it dried. I've got some interior cleaner I'm going to use on it. (or Dirty Mike and the boys were having a soup kitchen in there last night.. SMH)
3. This last one is hard to explain and even harder to notice but i'm super OCD.. On the Bumper panel below the rear tail light on both sides, more along the side than the rear, if you look at just the right angle and with the right light you can see what looks like welding bumps from where the body panels are put together. I don't think anyone would really notice but as it was a bright sunny day and I was looking it over with a fine tooth comb, i noticed. Nothing made me complain or schedule a repair but just thought you all might be interested.

Anything else you guys want to know?

The ride home was bad ass!!! It's fun car to drive for sure!

Did you finance your car? If so, how did you pay the down payment?(if you don’t mind me asking). I’m bringing a cashiers check for mine but I’m not 100% sure who to make the check out to. SA says make it out to ‘Tesla’, but I’ve seen others say on the forums that they made it out to ‘Tesla, Inc’.

M3P/MSM/Black Interior/No FSD

Order date: 3/4
Original EDD: April 26-May 24th
April 30th-May 14th
May 1st-May 14th
May 4th-14th
(updated today) Current EDD: May 7-May 21st

It seems that whenever I enter an EDD window, I am in it for 2 days at best, then get pushed out of it. It has been frustrating considering I sold my vehicle in preparation for the vehicle and it continues to be pushed back. Anyone have any insight on what could be going on?
Well if it makes you feel better. I have a vin and delivery has been pushed back twice due to logistics issues/missing parts. There some serious issues going on with Tesla. Hopefully my car in on piece soon

Did you finance your car? If so, how did you pay the down payment?(if you don’t mind me asking). I’m bringing a cashiers check for mine but I’m not 100% sure who to make the check out to. SA says make it out to ‘Tesla’, but I’ve seen others say on the forums that they made it out to ‘Tesla, Inc’.
I couldn't find anything on who to write the check to but that is something that can be done in person. Only info I could find is what shows up on the ordering page:
Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in the Tesla app
  • Wire transfer
  • Certified check at time of pick-up, with your Reference Number (RN) and name in the memo line

Reactions: Panel Gaps
make the check to TESLA INC

it is spelled out in the instructions. trust me... Here is a screenshot of the email
Screenshot_20220506-194425_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20220506-194838_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20220506-194922_Email.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything on who to write the check to but that is something that can be done in person. Only info I could find is what shows up on the ordering page:

Ok, I didn’t know that. Good to know and thanks for the info.
make the check to TESLA INC

it is spelled out in the instructions. trust me...
I looked through all the PDF’s in my account and didn’t find anything. The only documents I don’t have access to yet are the agreements in the app. Those are still greyed out.

• Funny
Reactions: Rodney!
I ended up insuring my car through Tesla. $844 for a 6 month premium. I thought it was a great price compared to the other quotes I got last month from Progressive, etc ($2,500+). And those quotes were for the long range model. I don’t even want to know what the insurance would’ve cost for the performance model.

Reactions: Rodney!
Yeah man too easy. I did finance. I was supposed to be out of town when I was estimated to take delivery so they advised the easiest way was to have my wife and I use Tesla Financing, so we did. One the vin was assigned I just used the app, linked my bank info and sent payment. It was almost immediate. I'm not too stressed over Tesla having my info. They worth way more than my bank account so if things get sideways i'm sure my bank will handle it. I'm normally not so cavalier about such matters but they literally do this every day and I've not seen an issue yet.

I was also told we could get a cashier's check but I didn't want to go through the hassle. Using the app was so easy.

I hope that answers your questions.

We got 2.79% for 72 months, which i'll pay off sense i'm selling my 2019 Ram Rebel and I owe nothing on it.

Yeah man too easy. I did finance. I was supposed to be out of town when I was estimated to take delivery so they advised the easiest way was to have my wife and I use Tesla Financing, so we did. One the vin was assigned I just used the app, linked my bank info and sent payment. It was almost immediate. I'm not too stressed over Tesla having my info. They worth way more than my bank account so if things get sideways i'm sure my bank will handle it. I'm normally not so cavalier about such matters but they literally do this every day and I've not seen an issue yet.

I was also told we could get a cashier's check but I didn't want to go through the hassle. Using the app was so easy.

We got 2.79% for 72 months, which i'll pay off sense i'm selling my 2019 Ram Rebel and I owe nothing on it.
That's not that bad, did you try getting a quote from SDCCU or other financial institution ? Also, since you are also in San Diego what insurance are you going with if you don't mind me asking.

It did, thank you. Good points about using the app for payment. Now that I think of it, I can change my password after if I end up using the app for peace of mind. I got 2.77% for 72 months but i plan to pay it off way before that.

Reactions: RuTang
View attachment 801333Sorry if this comes through twice. Delivery experience was excellent. We were in and out in 15 min. Build quality better than expected. 3 small items to note but nothing major at all. Just me being picky.

All Model 3’s from RWD, LR, and Perf had matrix headlights. My car came with mobile charger and adapter. No issue with charge port either.

I’ll detail more when I get home. Just didn’t want keep you all waiting. I know how much each little bit of info helps.
Congrats man I wish I had went white. It looks beautiful.

Reactions: RuTang
Text my service guy and asked if he could run outside and see if I had the Matrix headlights.

His response:
"I went out to look but it is really hard to tell in the rain. I will have to have one of my service people pull the vehicle build a different way, unfortunately they have been completely slammed. Ill see if I can have them pull it tomorrow and let you know. Thank you for your patience."

Text my service guy and asked if he could run outside and see if I had the Matrix headlights.

His response:
"I went out to look but it is really hard to tell in the rain. I will have to have one of my service people pull the vehicle build a different way, unfortunately they have been completely slammed. Ill see if I can have them pull it tomorrow and let you know. Thank you for your patience."
Are the old lights a deal breaker? If so, do you plan on rejecting the car if it has the old lights?

View attachment 801333Sorry if this comes through twice. Delivery experience was excellent. We were in and out in 15 min. Build quality better than expected. 3 small items to note but nothing major at all. Just me being picky.

All Model 3’s from RWD, LR, and Perf had matrix headlights. My car came with mobile charger and adapter. No issue with charge port either.

I’ll detail more when I get home. Just didn’t want keep you all waiting. I know how much each little bit of info helps.

Congrats, looks great! Glad to hear that build quality seems to be improving.