Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tell my wife, "This guy who ordered about the same time as me found his car on the lot and is picking up soon."

She said, "I don't care, Jesse."

My wife is tired of hearing about the car and the delivery issues.

Edit: This is why I have you guys.
Maybe she will change her tune when it finally arrives and she suddenly wants a turn to drive it? 🙃 Haha jk

Ok, long post incoming so apologies in advance. Sharing my story in the hope it helps others.

Picked it up today – was beyond easy, spoke to a human for all of 15 seconds to turn in my paperwork. Has matrix headlights and the portable charger, no issues at all. Drive home was a blast.

Timeline:

M3P | White | Black | No FSD | OD: 3/5 EDD: April

Test drove it on the morning of the 5th and ordered that afternoon. That was the week Tesla saw a 100% increase in orders over the previous week when gas prices went through the roof.

EDD 1 on 3/6: May 20 - Jun 17

EDD 2 on 3/17: May 5 - Jun 9

EDD 3 on 4/10: May 7 - Jun 4

EDD 4 on 4/22: Jun - Aug

EDD 5 on 4/23: Jun 3 - Jul 8

EDD 6 on 4/29: May 13 – 26

EDD 7 on 5/3: May 17 - 21 w/VIN text

Received the do you have a trade in text on 5/2, the VIN assigned text on 5/3 along with the updated EDD, the congratulations it’s time to schedule delivery on 5/4 and scheduled delivery for 5/11 to give me time to get insurance and secure funds for delivery.

TESLA calls on 5/6 – I figure here we go pushing out the delivery however it was the opposite, car is here and passed their inspection so asked if wanted to pick it up the next day, today - 5/7. With insurance done and funds in place I of course said yes. He did say I could keep the scheduled delivery for the 11th no problem if I wanted.

My advice would be not to wait too long for insurance and funding. I was taking my sweet time thinking delivery would be around the 17th-21st. I was away with my family when I got the VIN and delivery texts however was able to get everything done in a few days so was ready when they called on the 6th looking to deliver the next day.

One thing I screwed up was waiting to install the wall connector – bought it in March and had my electrician scheduled for the 12th of May once again thinking I had time. I also have not sold the car I am coming out of (Audi A4) so will be doing that this week – probably should have done that a week or two ago however you know how that goes, still need to get around right?

So, exactly 9 weeks from order to delivery. No complaints on my end considering we are just now emerging (hard to tell sometimes though, no?) from a global pandemic, we still have supply chain issues, a war, and on top of it all the worst inflation in forever.

Accessories – I have none so need to get on that stat.

For those of you waiting, hang in there and as others have said it’s so worth the wait. Very fun to drive and the speed is mind boggling to me, a bit intimidating at first. For some perspective I ordered a Nissan in mid Feb and it's still not here, have had one phone call and one text in three months, it's expected to be at the dealership in two weeks.

Finally – TESLA clearly had logistic issues coinciding with a huge increase in orders. They need to learn from this and work through their EDD algorithms because right now it’s a mess.

All in all for me a very good experience.

-Nick

So my insurance and payment are done on Wednesday night. My EED is May7-13. What is next? Are they calling, texting or email for pick up date or I just check on the app for that?
I got my vin yesterday morning and Tesla called to verify information in the evening. They will send you a text to schedule delivery. Probably today.

Ok, long post incoming so apologies in advance. Sharing my story in the hope it helps others.

Picked it up today – was beyond easy, spoke to a human for all of 15 seconds to turn in my paperwork. Has matrix headlights and the portable charger, no issues at all. Drive home was a blast.

Timeline:

M3P | White | Black | No FSD | OD: 3/5 EDD: April

Test drove it on the morning of the 5th and ordered that afternoon. That was the week Tesla saw a 100% increase in orders over the previous week when gas prices went through the roof.

EDD 1 on 3/6: May 20 - Jun 17

EDD 2 on 3/17: May 5 - Jun 9

EDD 3 on 4/10: May 7 - Jun 4

EDD 4 on 4/22: Jun - Aug

EDD 5 on 4/23: Jun 3 - Jul 8

EDD 6 on 4/29: May 13 – 26

EDD 7 on 5/3: May 17 - 21 w/VIN text

Received the do you have a trade in text on 5/2, the VIN assigned text on 5/3 along with the updated EDD, the congratulations it’s time to schedule delivery on 5/4 and scheduled delivery for 5/11 to give me time to get insurance and secure funds for delivery.

TESLA calls on 5/6 – I figure here we go pushing out the delivery however it was the opposite, car is here and passed their inspection so asked if wanted to pick it up the next day, today - 5/7. With insurance done and funds in place I of course said yes. He did say I could keep the scheduled delivery for the 11th no problem if I wanted.

My advice would be not to wait too long for insurance and funding. I was taking my sweet time thinking delivery would be around the 17th-21st. I was away with my family when I got the VIN and delivery texts however was able to get everything done in a few days so was ready when they called on the 6th looking to deliver the next day.

One thing I screwed up was waiting to install the wall connector – bought it in March and had my electrician scheduled for the 12th of May once again thinking I had time. I also have not sold the car I am coming out of (Audi A4) so will be doing that this week – probably should have done that a week or two ago however you know how that goes, still need to get around right?

So, exactly 9 weeks from order to delivery. No complaints on my end considering we are just now emerging (hard to tell sometimes though, no?) from a global pandemic, we still have supply chain issues, a war, and on top of it all the worst inflation in forever.

Accessories – I have none so need to get on that stat.

For those of you waiting, hang in there and as others have said it’s so worth the wait. Very fun to drive and the speed is mind boggling to me, a bit intimidating at first. For some perspective I ordered a Nissan in mid Feb and it's still not here, have had one phone call and one text in three months, it's expected to be at the dealership in two weeks.

Finally – TESLA clearly had logistic issues coinciding with a huge increase in orders. They need to learn from this and work through their EDD algorithms because right now it’s a mess.

All in all for me a very good experience.

-Nick

Congrats on a smooth delivery. I agree with everything you said especially not waiting too long for insurance and funding. I got my vin yesterday and picking up car on Monday.

Reactions: RuTang
Congrats on a smooth delivery. I agree with everything you said especially not waiting too long for insurance and funding. I got my vin yesterday and picking up car on Monday.
Great to hear on the pickup Monday - love the blue, there was one being picked up today in NJ, much nicer color in person, pics do not do it justice IMO.

*snip*
Really happy you were able to get your car and had no issues.

Stories like these make it hard to believe there are others who wait far longer.

I ordered 16 days before you, got a VIN 8 days before you and the best my service center can say is my car has not even reached them and they'll have more information sometime this week regarding the missing charger piece.

It can't be distance from the factory because New Jersey is further away than Atlanta. It can't be premium configuration because your car has no paid upgrades. It's just dumb luck and I got the short end of the stick.

I'm not trying to throw a pity party. I just want people to know other people's stories here are not indicative of your own. You could get a car quickly with no issues or you could wait far longer than someone else.

I actually started my financing process the day after I got my VIN and finalized it Thursday once my EDD shrunk down to 5-11 May. I'm now paying interest on a car I don't even have yet.

Last edited:

Stories like these make it hard to believe there are others who wait far longer.

I ordered 16 days before you, got a VIN 8 days before you and the best my service center can say is my car has not even reached them and they'll have more information sometime this week regarding the missing charger piece.

It can't be distance from the factory because New Jersey is further away than Atlanta. It can't be premium configuration because your car has no paid upgrades. It's just dumb luck and I got the short end of the stick.

I'm not trying to throw a pity party. I just want people to know other people's stories here are not indicative of your own. You could get a car quickly with no issues or you could wait far longer than someone else.

I actually started my financing process the day after I got my VIN and finalized it Thursday once my EDD shrunk down to 5-11 May. I'm now paying interest on a car I don't even have yet.

I agree and am in the same boat. Congrats to all the ones who received a VIN and got to schedule delivery within a few days, but I’d say it’s unrealistic to set that expectation for everyone as I am also one of the ones with a VIN for weeks and not a single clue on where the car even is lol but super happy to see everyone who is picking their cars up! I know it’s worth the wait.

well, let me lead off with these gifs...
frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

This morning I texted the SA's, and my car had just arrived, literally rolled off the truck. I went to the SC a few hours later, essentially a day early, 24 hours ahead of scheduled delivery. Walked around the lot and found my car. Looked her over, and for the most part, the car was in great friggin shape! I was relieved given the horror stories i have read here. I looked her over for half an hour and found one simple but big issue. Vin 241xxx, matrix lights, charge port sorted.

Let me say, the employees, techs & SA's, ALL OF THEM at Mount Kisco are fuggggin awesome!!!!!!! 😍😍😍🥰🥰😘😘😘😘

I said my delivery is tomorrow, but I could not wait to see it, so I found my car, and here is what i found.... They JUMPED, i mean jumped on the car and fixed it right then. I was blown away. Then they said you want it now? I said, no joke F yeah! They said they had to detail it, and it would be ready. I was there at noon, so they said go get lunch and come back. DONE! How about that for customer service? I was beyond impressed. Only thing missing was a red carpet.... 😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰

So, i went to lunch. SA calls just as i was heading back to the SC, and let me know the car was ready BUT... NY DMV system is down, and they cannot finish the registration paperwork.... so, no go. ARGH! Foiled by the damn government! 😤😭😢😩😫😖😣😰😥😓🤧😷🤕

I had a friend with me, and we fiddled around looking at the cars and he wanted to take a Y for a drive. I wasted 2 more hours just fiddling around, hoping the system would come back up and i could get the registration sorted. DMV was still down when i left 30 minutes ago. One of the kids is going to come in early tomorrow and check DMV operation and call me with hopefully good news before i head back down. wish me luck! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

oh, with the roller coaster i was on, i totally forgot to check for the mobile connector... But the car looks absolutely awesome! 😻 Tomorrow cannot get here soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormalAntiqueCur-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

This morning I texted the SA's, and my car had just arrived, literally rolled off the truck. I went to the SC a few hours later, essentially a day early, 24 hours ahead of scheduled delivery. Walked around the lot and found my car. Looked her over, and for the most part, the car was in great friggin shape! I was relieved given the horror stories i have read here. I looked her over for half an hour and found one simple but big issue. Vin 241xxx, matrix lights, charge port sorted.

Let me say, the employees, techs & SA's, ALL OF THEM at Mount Kisco are fuggggin awesome!!!!!!! 😍😍😍🥰🥰😘😘😘😘

I said my delivery is tomorrow, but I could not wait to see it, so I found my car, and here is what i found.... They JUMPED, i mean jumped on the car and fixed it right then. I was blown away. Then they said you want it now? I said, no joke F yeah! They said they had to detail it, and it would be ready. I was there at noon, so they said go get lunch and come back. DONE! How about that for customer service? I was beyond impressed. Only thing missing was a red carpet.... 😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰

So, i went to lunch. SA calls just as i was heading back to the SC, and let me know the car was ready BUT... NY DMV system is down, and they cannot finish the registration paperwork.... so, no go. ARGH! Foiled by the damn government! 😤😭😢😩😫😖😣😰😥😓🤧😷🤕

I had a friend with me, and we fiddled around looking at the cars and he wanted to take a Y for a drive. I wasted 2 more hours just fiddling around, hoping the system would come back up and i could get the registration sorted. DMV was still down when i left 30 minutes ago. One of the kids is going to come in early tomorrow and check DMV operation and call me with hopefully good news before i head back down. wish me luck! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

oh, with the roller coaster i was on, i totally forgot to check for the mobile connector... But the car looks absolutely awesome! 😻 Tomorrow cannot get here soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew what a wild ride....best of luck for tomorrow Rodney!

Appreciate it, It’s so random and agree - it’s really down to dumb luck. I was lucky, so much so I was not prepared. Really pulling for you and everyone caught in whatever issues are causing delays.

frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

Crazy - of course the DMV! Good luck tomorrow!

• Love
Reactions: Rodney!
frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

1651962609138.gif

frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

So what was the issue you found?

frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

Rodney....So the car was in great shape build quality wise? I hope so.....Update when you can. Thanks brother