Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 2.22.22 MSM, M3P, cash
EDD March 2022
EDD April 26 - May 24
EED March 8 - March 31
OD 2.22.22 MSM, M3P, cash
EDD March 2022
EDD April 26 - May 24
EDD March 8 - March 31
EDD March 19 - April 17
EDD April 19 - May 17
EDD May 4 - June 1
EDD May 3 - May 17
EDD May 8 - May 17
Received vin May 5th
Received text to book DD May 6th
DD May 11th

!!!WARNING!!! long a55 post.... :D

So, here is my EDD journey:

M3P | MSM | black | no FSD | Mt Kisco, NY delivery
OD: 2/19/22
2/19: EDD #1 March 2022
2/21: EDD #2 May 7 - June 4 (5/7 - 6/4)
3/22: EDD #3 April 18 - May 16 (4/18 - 5/16)
4/14: EDD #4 May 7 - May 21 (5/7 - 5/21)
4/20: EDD #5 May 14 - June 11 (5/14 - 6/11)
4/26: EDD #6 May 10 - May 14 (5/10 - 5/14) VIN received @4:46am
4/27: Scheduled delivery date for 5/12
4/30: Received updated delivery date, 5/8
5/8: DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!

So, my car was supposed to be delivered Friday 5/6. I wanted to see it in the worst way, so much so that I went to the SC and roamed around trying to find it. Nothing. While in the lot roaming around, they texted me and said it was coming Saturday 5/7.

So, I woke up Saturday and texted the SA. They responded and said it just got there. I jumped in the car and went there, and roamed around the SC until i found it. It was dirty and not prepped yet. Matrix lights, mobile charger, plate frame etc all accounted for. Panel gaps were excellent, and headlight/tailight fitment was damn good for a Tesla... I was shaking, soooooo excited.

dealer1.jpg

dealer2.jpg

then i saw the right rear wheel.... eek!
dealer3.jpg

dealer4.jpg
i then continued looking over the car. Interior/exterior, all way way above average for Tesla. Just the wheel was an issue. I wanted to see how they would handle it. so it was ~12:45 pm, i walked into the showroom. All the SA's were right there. Some of them recognized me as the "guy roaming around".... 🤪

I told them who i was, and that i found my car and was very happy with everything other then the wheel. I said i was 24 hours early, and if they had time i wanted to see how they were going to address the wheel issue. One guy, Kevin, jumped on it and brought it into the shop immediately. I was blown away. He swapped the wheel/tire/sensor out in one assembly. He then asked me if i wanted the car "today", i said F yeah!!! He then said give him a few hours, as it needed to be detailed. So, i went for lunch, and when i was headed back, Dylan called me and said the car was ready, BUT there was issues with the DMV site, so he could not complete the paperwork ie plates. ARGH!!!! I went to the SC anyway, and hung out with a buddy who was interested in a Y. They saw me, and invited me into the shop so i could inspect it again. Car was AWESOME! We fitzed around for another hour, and i checked to see if DMV was sorted out and they were not, so i left. Dylan called, and scheduled the delivery for 10am Sunday instead of 12.

I didn't sleep a wink.... I drove to the SC @9am. When i got there, the car was ready, but everyone was in a meeting... After the meeting they all files out, and people i never met knew my name. oooh boy... i got a rep already! ahahahaha... Nathaniel had me check the car over again, sign some papers, i gave him my checks and when i was ready, i accepted the delivery in the app. A few of the SA's came out to take pics of me and ask me how i liked the car, if i needed anything etc... I did the basic setup while they snapped some pics. They loved my shirt... :)
dealer5.jpg

dealer6.jpg

dealer7.jpg

I said my thank you's, and jumped back in. I hammered it leaving the SC and was doing 80 in no time flat. FUGGGGGIN awesome!!!!

AFter the short ride home, I dove in. Swapped wheels (18x9.5 B face Ampliforms with 255 advans), installed spacers/hub rings/mudflaps/complete set of Teslamats/HVAC debris screen, then formatted the USB and setup sentry mode.

I hit the road and drove over 200 miles. took a bunch of friends out for numerous rides. Some screamed, some got nautious, some cried, but all in all, it was a friggin epic day.
home1.jpg
home2.jpg

home3.jpg

I have to thank everyone at the Mount Kisco delivery center. seriously, EVERYONE i encountered there was friggin great! They were so nice, and so accommodating! Reading many threads, and the horrific experiences with lackluster care, i was literally in shock by how nice the team at Mount Kisco was. I totally recommend them though and though. Seriously, they all need raises! Model store for sure! Thanks again Kisco!!!!😍🥰🥰😘🥰🥰😘

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the laughs, encouragement, and general banter. You will all get your cars, and it is totally worth the wait! Good luck everyone!!!!

*EDIT* WTF am I going to do now? No 1000x EDD refreshes... where do i go now?!? :p🤣🤣

So, my car was supposed to be delivered Friday 5/6. I wanted to see it in the worst way, so much so that I went to the SC and roamed around trying to find it. Nothing. While in the lot roaming around, they texted me and said it was coming Saturday 5/7.

So, I woke up Saturday and texted the SA. They responded and said it just got there. I jumped in the car and went there, and roamed around the SC until i found it. It was dirty and not prepped yet. Matrix lights, mobile charger, plate frame etc all accounted for. Panel gaps were excellent, and headlight/tailight fitment was damn good for a Tesla... I was shaking, soooooo excited.

View attachment 801974
View attachment 801975
View attachment 801976
View attachment 801977i then continued looking over the car. Interior/exterior, all way way above average for Tesla. Just the wheel was an issue. I wanted to see how they would handle it. so it was ~12:45 pm, i walked into the showroom. All the SA's were right there. Some of them recognized me as the "guy roaming around".... 🤪

I told them who i was, and that i found my car and was very happy with everything other then the wheel. I said i was 24 hours early, and if they had time i wanted to see how they were going to address the wheel issue. One guy, Kevin, jumped on it and brought it into the shop immediately. I was blown away. He swapped the wheel/tire/sensor out in one assembly. He then asked me if i wanted the car "today", i said F yeah!!! He then said give him a few hours, as it needed to be detailed. So, i went for lunch, and when i was headed back, Dylan called me and said the car was ready, BUT there was issues with the DMV site, so he could not complete the paperwork ie plates. ARGH!!!! I went to the SC anyway, and hung out with a buddy who was interested in a Y. They saw me, and invited me into the shop so i could inspect it again. Car was AWESOME! We fitzed around for another hour, and i checked to see if DMV was sorted out and they were not, so i left. Dylan called, and scheduled the delivery for 10am Sunday instead of 12.

I didn't sleep a wink.... I drove to the SC @9am. When i got there, the car was ready, but everyone was in a meeting... After the meeting they all files out, and people i never met knew my name. oooh boy... i got a rep already! ahahahaha... Nathaniel had me check the car over again, sign some papers, i gave him my checks and when i was ready, i accepted the delivery in the app. A few of the SA's came out to take pics of me and ask me how i liked the car, if i needed anything etc... I did the basic setup while they snapped some pics. They loved my shirt... :)
View attachment 801981
View attachment 801982
View attachment 801983

I said my thank you's, and jumped back in. I hammered it leaving the SC and was doing 80 in no time flat. FUGGGGGIN awesome!!!!

AFter the short ride home, I dove in. Swapped wheels (18x9.5 B face Ampliforms with 255 advans), installed spacers/hub rings/mudflaps/complete set of Teslamats/HVAC debris screen, then formatted the USB and setup sentry mode.

I hit the road and drove over 200 miles. took a bunch of friends out for numerous rides. Some screamed, some got nautious, some cried, but all in all, it was a friggin epic day.
View attachment 801986View attachment 801987
View attachment 801988

I have to thank everyone at the Mount Kisco delivery center. seriously, EVERYONE i encountered there was friggin great! They were so nice, and so accommodating! Reading many threads, and the horrific experiences with lackluster care, i was literally in shock by how nice the team at Mount Kisco was. I totally recommend them though and though. Seriously, they all need raises! Model store for sure! Thanks again Kisco!!!!😍🥰🥰😘🥰🥰😘

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the laughs, encouragement, and general banter. You will all get your cars, and it is totally worth the wait! Good luck everyone!!!!

*EDIT* WTF am I going to do now? No 1000x EDD refreshes... where do i go now?!? :p🤣🤣
Awesome journey man. Congratulations again, very happy you got to experience that joy today.

Happy travels!

But 18s still can get a flat tire,
I'm just wondering if it is worth to invest in a spare tire or Tesla roadside assistance is so good that it's not necessary
I am going to rock a small inflatable pump and plug kit for local drives, but will be getting the complete Modern Spare setup for longer drives. And I currently have 3 sets of wheels and tires for the M3P... :p
Awesome journey man. Congratulations again, very happy you got to experience that joy today.

Happy travels!
thanks bro! yours is around the corner! I promise!!! 😆

I am going to rock a small inflatable pump and plug kit for local drives, but will be getting the complete Modern Spare setup for longer drives. And I currently have 3 sets of wheels and tires for the M3P... :p

thanks bro! yours is around the corner! I promise!!! 😆
Haha thanks. I'm in no immediate rush other than that summer is here and it would be nice to cruise around in a sedan again. My wife is more eager for me to get the car because it would mean we don't have to plan our drives out, lol.

View attachment 801974
View attachment 801975
View attachment 801976
View attachment 801977i then continued looking over the car. Interior/exterior, all way way above average for Tesla. Just the wheel was an issue. I wanted to see how they would handle it. so it was ~12:45 pm, i walked into the showroom. All the SA's were right there. Some of them recognized me as the "guy roaming around".... 🤪

View attachment 801981
View attachment 801982
View attachment 801983

View attachment 801986View attachment 801987
View attachment 801988

I'm so happy you finally got your car. I was getting emotional just reading your post. I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. We've been on a wild ride together that I'll never forget.

Crazy how people are getting VINs and the next day getting delivery texts. I've had my VIN for weeks and nothing is set in stone.
because California... :cool:

East coast is more wait, but it gives you some time to figure out the financials. I did not apply for a loan until i got a vin, so it gave me a little time to sort that out. In Cali you get a VIN, and if you don't have your ish in order, you have to scramble to get everything sorted. In my case, it was 11 days from VIN assignment to me laying eyes on the car, which is more then enough time to secure financing, shop insurance rates etc. (all three insurance could not give me an accurate quote till they had a VIN).

I'm so happy you finally got your car. I was getting emotional just reading your post. I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. We've been on a wild ride together that I'll never forget.
Yeah bro! Good luck with yours! I hope it is everything you wanted it to be! :cool:👍
200.gif

*UPDATE* my car has a loose bolt in the dash. the F'r rolls from one side to the other during hard cornering/acceleration/braking. But then it lodges in a nook/cranny for a while but then pops up again. It is like a mobile version of Pachinko... I cannot duplicate it on demand, so I may just poke around and see if I can figure it out myself.

Gives me a reason to pull the dash pad wood piece and wrap it anyway... :p

because California... :cool:

East coast is more wait, but it gives you some time to figure out the financials. I did not apply for a loan until i got a vin, so it gave me a little time to sort that out. In Cali you get a VIN, and if you don't have your ish in order, you have to scramble to get everything sorted. In my case, it was 11 days from VIN assignment to me laying eyes on the car, which is more then enough time to secure financing, shop insurance rates etc. (all three insurance could not give me an accurate quote till they had a VIN).

Yeah bro! Good luck with yours! I hope it is everything you wanted it to be! :cool:👍
200.gif

*UPDATE* my car has a loose bolt in the dash. the F'r rolls from one side to the other during hard cornering/acceleration/braking. But then it lodges in a nook/cranny for a while but then pops up again. It is like a mobile version of Pachinko... I cannot duplicate it on demand, so I may just poke around and see if I can figure it out myself.

Gives me a reason to pull the dash pad wood piece and wrap it anyway... :p
Maybe the dash will come apart easier without that bolt .. 😜

• Funny
Reactions: Rodney!
Out of curiosity, what swayed your decision to go this way?
I will only track the car a handful of times a year and MPP Comfort is fine for that. I think the Sport would be overkill as my wife will drive the car more than me. I am going to get some of their camber arms and upgraded bearings too. I think with those items and a proper alignment I will be happy and then can always do more later like sway bars. I like to do things gradually so I can really figure out what changes I do and don't like versus doing everything at once. Talking with MPP it sounds like coilovers and bearings make a big difference. Then things like camber arms and sway bars.

The agonizing wait is finally over! Yesterday I arrived at the service center a bit early to look over the car. Right away I noticed how close the cars are parked next to each other at the Buena Park location. There were only three blue M3's on the lot. I could see the first two blue cars had aero wheels as I was walking towards the lot. I couldn't see the wheels on the third and last blue car from where I was standing. I started to sweat it as I walked over and was relived to see turbines! Checked the VIN and it was my car.

First thing I did was to look for any door-dings. Next I looked for any curb rash on the wheels (thanks rodney!). I went over my checklist and I couldn't find one thing wrong. Overall the car was flawless. However the car wash / detail wasn't the best, but overall the car was clean.

Paperwork from the minute I walked into the building, to the time I walked out to my car, took 5 minutes. It was awesome. The staff was super cool and friendly. I was even offered to go over the car and its features by one of the staff members.

WOW. What a fun car to drive. The torque and acceleration is unreal. I'm totally satisfied with the purchase.

The EDD system sucks and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, in my opinion. The delivery experience and the characteristics of the car make up for the EDD hell. So I'm back on Team Tesla again 🙂

1.jpg
2.jpg

The agonizing wait is finally over! Yesterday I arrived at the service center a bit early to look over the car. Right away I noticed how close the cars are parked next to each other at the Buena Park location. There were only three blue M3's on the lot. I could see the first two blue cars had aero wheels as I was walking towards the lot. I couldn't see the wheels on the third and last blue car from where I was standing. I started to sweat it as I walked over and was relived to see turbines! Checked the VIN and it was my car.

First thing I did was to look for any door-dings. Next I looked for any curb rash on the wheels (thanks rodney!). I went over my checklist and I couldn't find one thing wrong. Overall the car was flawless. However the car wash / detail wasn't the best, but overall the car was clean.

Paperwork from the minute I walked into the building, to the time I walked out to my car, took 5 minutes. It was awesome. The staff was super cool and friendly. I was even offered to go over the car and its features by one of the staff members.

WOW. What a fun car to drive. The torque and acceleration is unreal. I'm totally satisfied with the purchase.

The EDD system sucks and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, in my opinion. The delivery experience and the characteristics of the car make up for the EDD hell. So I'm back on Team Tesla again 🙂

View attachment 802096View attachment 802097
Awesome! Congratulations! Glad to see another one delivered.

How much “fun” have you had in it so far?