Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week, the SAs were willing to tell me the car was in Alabama. This week they are saying it’s ‘in transit’ And they aren’t allowed to give details. No idea on when it would arrive.

also, last week it was missing a charge port. Today I was told it was missing a door. I assume It’s the same thing, but seriously, WTH.
"missing a door" lmao, did it fall off?!

Reactions: Panel Gaps
You ordered a M3P from the beginning? Did you give them all the required info at the start? Did you choose cash and no trade?

Just trying to see where the wildcard may be or if Elon just hates you as an individual.
I think it's just the wacky EDD system. Mine has been all over the place all the way from March delivery to last week of May. My guess is he will have it within the next 3-4 weeks. Most people seem to be getting their M3P within 3 months or so from placing an order. I am going to be closer to 4 months from order to delivery.

I just got another EDD update to May 10 - May 14.

That makes five EDD changes since I was assigned a VIN. What a crazy system.

Having multiple EDD changes prior to a VIN assigned is one thing, but afterwards just shows a lack of organization and planning.

They need to revamp their entire logistics system.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
I just got another EDD update to May 10 - May 14.

That makes five EDD changes since I was assigned a VIN. What a crazy system.

Having multiple EDD changes prior to a VIN assigned is one thing, but afterwards just shows a lack of organization and planning.

They need to revamp their entire logistics system.
Mine has been changing daily too. I think it's because of the charge port issue. At least that is my guess. Nobody will give me a straight answer, so at this point I am just guessing, but the charge port is the only thing that makes sense. I am thinking once they get the part they will schedule my delivery date/time slot, but until then expect EDD to be all over the place. It's like the system does not know what to do if a delivery is on hold.

I do plan to track and autocross this car, so this is definitely a concern. I did a little quick googling, and saw various and conflicting information. Has what you say been confirmed (by any forum members who took delivery, for example)?

I don't think the part numbers have changed. There's conflicting information so I think it's a bit misleading to definitively say it isn't performance suspension anymore. We do know that the tires changed (and are actually quite good from a performance aspect, just not as good as the class leading Michelin). You just have some people who want to gripe about everything. Which is their right, but it is misleading when you lump everything into a purview that Tesla is 100% bad at everythnig.

Reactions: Nick65 and S54Chris
Update: MSM | white interior | no FSD | OD 3/4 | VIN assigned 4/25 | VIN: 239xxx

SA responded today to let me know my vehicle is ready for delivery. I haven’t been able to schedule delivery in weeks because apparently the demand in the Bay Area is just that high and they don’t have space at my pickup location yet.

Hopefully others with VINs and no ETA get an update soon also.

Which is their right, but it is misleading when you lump everything into a purview that Tesla is 100% bad at everythnig.
I never said they were 100% bad at "everything". That's you being over dramatic. The userbase has more often than not been right about these kinds of things, so I'm standing firm that the suspension has been nerfed. And THIS is incredibly important for someone who is autocrossing, because if you change the car from stock (even the springs) then it's going to dump you into a more competitive class. If you purchase this car with the intentions of running it in stock class than you will be at a bigger disadvantage than if you had picked up a 2021 model.

To be fair though, they haven't really done anything right so far, and I can say with complete confidence that this is the single worst purchase experience I have ever witnessed.

• Funny
Reactions: Not That M3
I never said they were 100% bad at "everything". That's you being over dramatic. The userbase has more often than not been right about these kinds of things, so I'm standing firm that the suspension has been nerfed. And THIS is incredibly important for someone who is autocrossing, because if you change the car from stock (even the springs) then it's going to dump you into a more competitive class. If you purchase this car with the intentions of running it in stock class than you will be at a bigger disadvantage than if you had picked up a 2021 model.

To be fair though, they haven't really done anything right so far, and I can say with complete confidence that this is the single worst purchase experience I have ever witnessed.
Ya, I'm the one over dramatic. Pot kettle black.

I've seen reports where someone measured his old model 3 and new one (both performance) and they indicated that the chassis height was the same. Where is the evidence that the suspension has been nerfed?

Last edited:
Reactions: toquar
Ya, I'm the one over dramatic. Pottle kettle black.

I've seen reports where someone measured his old model 3 and new one (both performance) and they indicated that the chassis height was the same. Where is the evidence that the suspension has been nerfed?
The evidence is in the removal of the suspension from the website. Do you have a link To where you saw that post?

I know I’m being dramatic: According to Tesla, the car should've been delivered 2 months ago.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm the one over dramatic. Pot kettle black.

Not confirmed per se, but - the configurator no longer mentions "Lowered suspension" when selecting Performance. Sort of a similar thing to when the wording changed for the mobile connector you could say, but no public statement from Elon or otherwise has happened.

Reactions: Maric