Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps that was a bad point, but you can say that suspension travel that isn't OEM could exacerbate any failures. Also, who installed the part? Is it a certified mechanic?

Let me add, I have modified MANY, MANY of my cars. Changed out suspension on almost all of them up into the last few years (getting older, different priorities). I have gone as far as removing the entire engine block to get the block resleeved, titanium rods, port polish the heads, new cams, valves, valve springs, etc.. My disclaimer is I am not anti-mod, I just understand the risks that come with it.
Then you understand that a certified mechanic isn't required to maintain a warranty.

I am in my delivery window for my new M3P. I got word this morning that the vehicle will be delivered this weekend. However, it was shipped from the factory without the charge port. This wasn’t unexpected as I had read some other posts discussing this. I was curious if anyone who has encountered this problem yet took delivery of their vehicle since and how long did you have to wait for the charge port? I am trying to wrap my head around if I am looking at days or weeks.
The Same thing is happening to me. My car was made it to the dealership this past Friday and they can’t deliver to me until they get the part.

Reactions: jessepotter
I have what I feel like is a dumb question. I noticed on the ‘Completed Tasks’ tab on Tesla, that under ‘Amount Due’ it says:
‘Includes taxes, fees, order fee and payments’

I live in Alabama and I’m picking up the car in Georgia. Surely, ‘Includes taxes’ is inaccurate because it looks like they didn’t charge me any taxes looking at the price break down under completed tasks. Im assuming I’ll be hit hard with taxes when I go pick up my tag?

OD: March 11
EDD: May 15 - June 19
EDD: May 28 - June 11
EDD: May 23 - June 4

M3P, White, black interior, no FSD

How would it compare to your Lexus (also which one?)

edit: P.S. Another example of ride height (not aimed at you directly)

You do know that spring RATE is equally, if not more important? The ride height could be the same with different rate springs. But with your modding experience I would expect that you know this.

How would it compare to your Lexus (also which one?)

edit: P.S. Another example of ride height (not aimed at you directly)

ES300. I have only put 70 miles on the car but like I said the ride quality isn't that drastic of a difference, which is good.

m3p white/black no fsd
Phx, AZ
Cash, no trade.

Od 2/14
Edd 1: March 11 ish
Edd 2: 4/11 - 5/9
Edd 3: 5/1 - 6/5
Edd 4: 4/26 - 5/24
Edd 5: 4/30 - 5/14
Edd 6: 5/2 - 5/15
Edd 7: 5/6 - 5/16
Edd 8: 5/10 - 5/21

Updated this morning: 5/10

Edd 9: 5/13 - 5/16

Finally Got a VIN this morning.
Hopefully this is an AZ batch, similar config to you but ordered a month later exactly. Still at a 4 week window. How far were your EDD updates spaced?

Finally got my VIN an hour ago :D 255xxx

Delivery date of May 12 - May 16

M3P | Black | Black | FSD | SF Bay Area
OD: February 25, 2022 | EDD: March
EDD1: April 12 - May 10 (2/24)
EDD2: April 26 - May 24 (4/13)
EDD3: June 12 - July 17 (4/27)
EDD4 & Trade In Text: May 14 - May 28 (5/4)
EDD5: May 9 - May 21 (5/7)
EDD6: May 12 - May 21 (5/10)
EDD7 & VIN: May 12 - May 16 (5/10)

Finally got my VIN an hour ago :D 255xxx

Delivery date of May 12 - May 16

M3P | Black | Black | FSD | SF Bay Area
OD: February 25, 2022 | EDD: March
EDD1: April 12 - May 10 (2/24)
EDD2: April 26 - May 24 (4/13)
EDD3: June 12 - July 17 (4/27)
EDD4 & Trade In Text: May 14 - May 28 (5/4)
EDD5: May 9 - May 21 (5/7)
EDD6: May 12 - May 21 (5/10)
EDD7 & VIN: May 12 - May 16 (5/10)
Wow! That's this week and next. Have they contacted you?

Reactions: RuTang
Perhaps that was a bad point, but you can say that suspension travel that isn't OEM could exacerbate any failures. Also, who installed the part? Is it a certified mechanic?

Let me add, I have modified MANY, MANY of my cars. Changed out suspension on almost all of them up into the last few years (getting older, different priorities). I have gone as far as removing the entire engine block to get the block resleeved, titanium rods, port polish the heads, new cams, valves, valve springs, etc.. My disclaimer is I am not anti-mod, I just understand the risks that come with it.
Exactly. I have been modifying vehicles for years and if you replace your stock struts/springs with coilovers you are on the hook for most suspension issues at that point. Honestly, if I started having issues with the stock control arms after installing coilovers I would just buy aftermarket control arms that have been track proven and tested.

When you buy aftermarket parts to replace perfectly good working parts and change the stock suspension you definitely open yourself up for warranty denials for other suspension parts. Mag/Moss does not cover that. It was never it's intention.

Yeah I’m in agreement here. The caveat is that the control arm is probably on borrowed time on the stock suspension. It’s a gamble when it will fail but it’ll either fail or start squeaking. Mine started squeaking on my 2018 3 at around 42,000kms whereas a friend of mine had his start screeching at around 50,000kms. Mine were replaced at a service visit for something else since there is a TSB on them.

But even with this in mind, I know they can definitely blame the aftermarket suspension for the failure and get away with it. I’m sure someone can take the time and money to fight them on it but so far nobody seems to have done so especially since it’s only a few hundred bucks for the new control arms I believe. And at that point you’d best go for an upgraded aftermarket control arm if you’re already invested in new suspension.

I have watched a few Youtube videos now where people who have owned previous year M3P drove the 2022 and said it drives softer/smoother. I doubt it's just tires, but it could be. Just seems like Tesla made some adjustments to make the car ride smoother which is probably for the best for most buyers. The people (like me) who are going to track and car are likely going to change the suspension anyway.

Wooohoo! I had opened my app, saw no EDD change then closed it. Then about 10 seconds later I got an email about the final payment stuff. Opened the app again and saw the new EDD. Ran back to my PC and checked the source code for the VIN and it was there. Hopefully it updates on the account soon.

Tried calling Tesla to get them to open the financing portal for me but their hold time is over an hour. I requested a call back via the IVR.
Tesla just called me back. They told me that my car is already in transit and is near the border. It is scheduled to arrive at the delivery center on May 14th. He said I should get a text in the next 24-48 hours to notify me to book a delivery date/time and it’s very likely I can get the car next week barring any delays at the border.

Soooooo that’s good news. Just working through the financing portal now.

Tesla just called me back. They told me that my car is already in transit and is near the border. It is scheduled to arrive at the delivery center on May 14th. He said I should get a text in the next 24-48 hours to notify me to book a delivery date/time and it’s very likely I can get the car next week barring any delays at the border.

Soooooo that’s good news. Just working through the financing portal now.
Congrats! For me the financing was immediate. Maybe 60 seconds from submission to approval.

Hopefully this is an AZ batch, similar config to you but ordered a month later exactly. Still at a 4 week window. How far were your EDD updates spaced?
Theres no rhyme or reason with Tesla. Enjoy the ride. lol
Over the past 3-4 weeks ive had 3-4 changes. Its kinda annoying but eventually youre gonna get a car, thats what i told myself.

If you ordered a month after me, my guess is yours is coming in a month....maybe less.