Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my VIN an hour ago :D 255xxx

Delivery date of May 12 - May 16

M3P | Black | Black | FSD | SF Bay Area
OD: February 25, 2022 | EDD: March
EDD1: April 12 - May 10 (2/24)
EDD2: April 26 - May 24 (4/13)
EDD3: June 12 - July 17 (4/27)
EDD4 & Trade In Text: May 14 - May 28 (5/4)
EDD5: May 9 - May 21 (5/7)
EDD6: May 12 - May 21 (5/10)
EDD7 & VIN: May 12 - May 16 (5/10)
Well look at that. We ordered the same thing in the same place at the same time and received VINs on the same day. Maybe there is some semblance of organization here after all? Nah…

Also — i don’t have an EDD (“glitch” according to SA) so this is helpful to see, would love to take delivery this week Or next. I’ve asked SA for confirmation of EDD.

Congrats! For me the financing was immediate. Maybe 60 seconds from submission to approval.
Ha, it took like 30 seconds for the approval. I just refreshed my page and it was done. It lowered my down payment amount for some reason but I just modified the terms to increase it and then accepted.

Well look at that. We ordered the same thing in the same place at the same time and received VINs on the same day. Maybe there is some semblance of organization here after all? Nah…

Also — i don’t have an EDD (“glitch” according to SA) so this is helpful to see, would love to take delivery this week Or next. I’ve asked SA for confirmation of EDD.

Crossing my fingers for more Bay area deliveries 🤞

Re: the suspension discussion, Out of Spec reviews recently drove a brand new 2022 Performance and they agreed it felt softer and more comfortable than prior year models. These are folks who have owned and driven Teslas for quite a bit. Nothing empirical proving anything one way or another, but just a data point.

TeslaModel3.jpg

Perfect fit and finish. After an exhaustive search I couldn't find a single thing wrong (except the poor EDD we all get). I hope you all get the same luck.

As others have reported I did get the mobile connecter as well.

She's just waiting on the PPF install tomorrow then it's off to melt some tires. I mean drive responsibly.

Cheers everyone!

I was anticipating a way more bumpier ride with the 20" wheels and Pirelli tires. I can feel the bumps in the road a little more than I did in my ICE car, but it isn't that bad at all. Tires are pretty quite too.
I was concerned about that too, because my wife always hated riding in my 2019 STi. I haven’t really put the MP3 suspension though it’s paces yet, but she’s loving the way it rides around town. To me it’s firm-ish but pretty forgiving— much much softer and more forgiving than the STi.

The news keeps coming today. On an off chance, i texted the number that had announced my order way back when, to see when delivery was available. I’ve typically gone days without a response to texts there, but this one came back almost immediately. Taking delivery TOMORROW. Fingers crossed for a smooth process.

I was concerned about that too, because my wife always hated riding in my 2019 STi. I haven’t really put the MP3 suspension though it’s paces yet, but she’s loving the way it rides around town. To me it’s firm-ish but pretty forgiving— much much softer and more forgiving than the STi.
Good to know. Wife did not like riding in my lowered Golf R but it handled like a champ. Hoping we can take this car more than we did the Golf R

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Last week, the SAs were willing to tell me the car was in Alabama. This week they are saying it’s ‘in transit’ And they aren’t allowed to give details. No idea on when it would arrive.

also, last week it was missing a charge port. Today I was told it was missing a door. I assume It’s the same thing, but seriously, WTH.
This is insane to me. Hopefully I get before my vacation. I already started the insurance because he said it needed a charging port last week. So I am paying insurance on a car I don’t have.

As much as we complain about Tesla taking things away, they do add quite a bit, as well that isn't always "documented when we order." You have to take some good with that bad. It's their model to add\remove things to keep the supply chain fluid.

Things Tesla has increased:
Ryzen chip (new infotainment computer)
Increased range
Increased speed
Improved 15.5v battery
OTA Software updates
Various Easter Eggs
Video games
Software features such as Dog mode, Sentry mode, Biodefense mode, caraoke, etc
Heat pump
Autopilot
Dash cam
Sentry mode

List goes on. My point is, you win some, you lose some. If you don't like it, you can always cancel delivery. ;)

Last edited:
I do plan to track and autocross this car, so this is definitely a concern. I did a little quick googling, and saw various and conflicting information. Has what you say been confirmed (by any forum members who took delivery, for example)?

I don't know if you are familiar with these guys but they are Tesla enthusiasts and know the cars pretty well. They discuss here that they feel the suspension has been changed. Yes it' anecdotal but ...

Reactions: phishphan
I have what I feel like is a dumb question. I noticed on the ‘Completed Tasks’ tab on Tesla, that under ‘Amount Due’ it says:
‘Includes taxes, fees, order fee and payments’

I live in Alabama and I’m picking up the car in Georgia. Surely, ‘Includes taxes’ is inaccurate because it looks like they didn’t charge me any taxes looking at the price break down under completed tasks. Im assuming I’ll be hit hard with taxes when I go pick up my tag?

OD: March 11
EDD: May 15 - June 19
EDD: May 28 - June 11
EDD: May 23 - June 4

M3P, White, black interior, no FSD
Yes, you will pay taxes to your county tag office when you register the vehicle most likely. I would call the tag office and discuss your situation to get an accurate answer.

Regarding ride height:

It really doesn't matter what we feel has happened or not. Tesla will deliver the car as they make it right now.

If you are the person who lowers most of your cars, you will change the suspension regardless of what Tesla ships it with.

I can't think of anyone who is taking a non-modifed family sedan to an autocross event, but maybe I don't know enough autocross people.

When I got my used 2019 MX-5, I knew I needed to get rid of the horrific fender gap and body roll. I took it into a Mazda dealership for a service appointment right before the bumper-to-bumper warranty was about to run out just to see if anything needed looked at under warranty. Once everything looked good, I ordered the coilovers and had them installed. I knew any future suspension-related repairs would be on me at that point. If you do any kind of performance mod, you have to do it with the knowledge that the manufacturer warranty will most likely no longer apply.