Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. The SCCA has already determined the P to be the better car. the LR is classed with family cars. The P is classed with sports cars. I’m not even remotely interested in an LR, except now if the P suspension has been nerfed
With the lower center of gravity due to the battery I can almost guarantee even without the slightly lower suspension the M3P will perform and handle better than any car you have driven.

I am a AutoX/JDM enthusiast and still own my Evo X with Ohlin’s road and track coilovers. Imo you don’t have to worry about the suspension because stock for stock it’s still a great suspension system, if you really want to win AutoX events you would be buying aftermarket coils anyway.

461E4C92-C53E-484D-A711-398F0846B09A.jpeg

Attachments

• DDD2B484-E024-4358-AB1E-092787764A84.jpeg
    DDD2B484-E024-4358-AB1E-092787764A84.jpeg
    887.8 KB · Views: 31
I'm going to chime in with you youngsters on the M3P suspension topic. I had a 2021 M3P as some of you maybe know, I put a whopping 630 miles on it and got out of it due to all the issues, it was a POS, A disaster of build quality issues and mechanical issues. We ordered a 2022 M3P in HIGH hopes it arrives without exhibiting any of the issues the 2021 did.... anyway, I'm driving a 2022 M3P today that the Tesla store just got in, taking it over night. Truth be told, I can't tell the difference between it and the 2021 we had in terms of handling. For day in day out spirited driving I think the suspension is great. This is coming from someone who has owned multiple 911's and one Cayman GTS.

I'm going to chime in with you youngsters on the M3P suspension topic. I had a 2021 M3P as some of you maybe know, I put a whopping 630 miles on it and got out of it due to all the issues, it was a POS, A disaster of build quality issues and mechanical issues. We ordered a 2022 M3P in HIGH hopes it arrives without exhibiting any of the issues the 2021 did.... anyway, I'm driving a 2022 M3P today that the Tesla store just got in, taking it over night. Truth be told, I can't tell the difference between it and the 2021 we had in terms of handling. For day in day out spirited driving I think the suspension is great. This is coming from someone who has owned multiple 911's and one Cayman GTS.
Nice. no 911's for me but a Cayman GTS that I'm selling and will be getting a M3P. Do you still have a Porsche, or just the M3P? Miss anything on it? For me I know it will be the looks and the turning radius. I will see what else I miss. but not having to put the sun visor in the trunk when I have someone else with me is a plus. That plus having actual cup holders.

Nice. no 911's for me but a Cayman GTS that I'm selling and will be getting a M3P. Do you still have a Porsche, or just the M3P? Miss anything on it? For me I know it will be the looks and the turning radius. I will see what else I miss. but not having to put the sun visor in the trunk when I have someone else with me is a plus. That plus having actual cup holders.
My last 911 was a 2019 Carrera T, loved it. But we moved from Charlotte to Naples and had to change up the collection a little. The GTS was incredible, knife edge handling. My whole thing with Tesla is pound for pound there isn't too much else if anything on the market for $65k that's as quick and fun as the M3P. Sure...I can go buy a Taycan and almost did.....for $147,000! Build quality was OUTSTANDING inside and out, but that's a good chunk of money that in the end I feel the M3P drives just as good.

That’s great to hear. I test drove a Taycan and was very impressed but the wait time for a build was long, dealers are charging thousands over MSRP, and the RWD version that I was considering is much slower and nearly double the cost of an M3P after options.
I’ve never driven an M3P but my plan has been to add aftermarket suspension components with the hopes that I could make it handle like a Porsche. Sounds like I should give the stock suspension a chance though. Thanks for the info

That’s great to hear. I test drove a Taycan and was very impressed but the wait time for a build was long, dealers are charging thousands over MSRP, and the RWD version that I was considering is much slower and nearly double the cost of an M3P after options.
I’ve never driven an M3P but my plan has been to add aftermarket suspension components with the hopes that I could make it handle like a Porsche. Sounds like I should give the stock suspension a chance though. Thanks for the info
Drive the M3P as it comes from the factory first, then decide. I guess maybe if you're going to track it you might change up the suspension, otherwise for day to day driving I'd leave it alone.