Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys and gals…new member here. I’ve been lurking around for a while eyeballing posts and finally emerged from the shadows. Adding my info for additional data points. Still awaiting to schedule delivery, but the EDD keeps getting pushed back daily. Hopefully I’m much closer than further, but my hunch tells me that something may be off. Even if there was something wrong, I’m sure they wouldn’t tell me, lol.

M3P Black | White interior| No FSD | MD
OD: 3/08 | April Delivery
VIN (4/26): 242xxx
P/U Location: Owings Mills, MD
EDD 1: 16 April -28 April
EDD 2: 10 May – 17 May
EDD 3: 3 May – 10 May
EDD 4: 4 May – 11 May
EDD 5: 8 May – 12 May
EDD 6: 9 May – 13 May
EDD 7: 10 May – 14 May
EDD 8: 11 May – 15 May
EDD 9: 12 May – 16 May
EDD 10: 13 May – 17 May
Everything looks normal to me. Maybe a transportation delay.

Edit: You can always call your delivery center and ask them why it keeps being pushed back a day. Maybe they will tell you the truth. Maybe not. You can also specifically ask if your car is affected by the missing charging port ECU,

Good news!!

So after getting my VIN 4/25 and not hearing back for over two weeks I finally decided to call and well… the car has been ready and sitting at the delivery center all week! For some reason after inspection they never updated the status.

So long story short I scheduled pickup for tomorrow at 12:30pm, super excited!

Congrats! Great news. Something was definitely weird about that given your VIN being assigned so long ago. Hope all is well with the car when you pick it up!

Reactions: Hyndrix
The one thing Tesla needs to stop doing is prompting us to go through the credit app process when we place our orders. I learned after the fact to select "cash option" then change it, but Tesla of course doesn't offer that advice. Credit approvals expire in 60 days and I don't know anyone here or elsewhere that took delivery inside of a 60 day window.

I changed mine to cash option afterwards, but I'll go to a local credit union here once I get a bonified confirmed delivery date.
So after calling them about this situation, i told them to switch to cash option and apprarently it automatically switched over from financing. I have told them if cash option makes delivery faster and they said its all the same and it won't be fair if it did or so. So here i am here waiting for my vin still.

So after calling them about this situation, i told them to switch to cash option and apprarently it automatically switched over from financing. I have told them if cash option makes delivery faster and they said its all the same and it won't be fair if it did or so. So here i am here waiting for my vin still.
That's rich of them giving a spiel about being fair.

• Funny
Reactions: jessepotter
One month/4 week order anniversary

OD 4/15

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220513-190320_Tesla.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220513-190320_Tesla.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 99
Guys... friends....
So, should I sell my Defender 90 (have two strong offers on it) OR keep it and pass on the "incoming" M3P? Truth be told I really do want the M3P, I want to drive past every gas station with my middle finger held high, but this damn Defender is SO NICE!!!!!

Ugh....

Thanks guys, you've all been awesome, we gotta arrange a meet up like my Porsche clubs did (Rennlist)

Guys... friends....
So, should I sell my Defender 90 (have two strong offers on it) OR keep it and pass on the "incoming" M3P? Truth be told I really do want the M3P, I want to drive past every gas station with my middle finger held high, but this damn Defender is SO NICE!!!!!

Ugh....

Thanks guys, you've all been awesome, we gotta arrange a meet up like my Porsche clubs did (Rennlist)
When did you order it ?

I just noticed another minor EDD bump. Sad to see it, but not surprised. I guess it happened sometime late in the afternoon, because I check the app repeatedly throughout the day.

I did reach out to my local store contact the other day, who told me that my car is not missing a charge port ECU, so I guess as of 5-5-22 the factory had ECUs in stock for assembly, since that's when my car was built. She added that the missing ECU thing has been "a nightmare" for them. I imagine the people at the stores are as frustrated as we are, maybe more so, since they're stuck in the middle and have little to no control over the situation.

Details for my order:

VIN: 5YJ3E1ECXNF247XXX

Order Details: M3P, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Delivery Location: Memphis, TN
03-05-22: Ordered (April delivery estimate on website)
03-05-22: EDD 1: 05-09-22 to 06-06-22 (4 weeks)
04-20-22: EDD 2: 05-29-22 to 07-03-22 (5 weeks)
04-25-22: EDD 3: 05-31-22 to 06-28-22 (4 weeks)
04-29-22: EDD 4: 05-13-22 to 05-26-22 (2 weeks)
05-05-22: EDD 5: 05-21-22 to 05-25-22 (5 days)
05-05-22: VIN assigned (Text Message)
05-05-22: Insurance info uploaded
05-06-22: Got intro text from local store ops manager
05-09-22: Ops manager confirmed: Build date 05-05-22
05-10-22: EDD 6: 05-26-22 to 05-30-22 (5 days)
05-11-22: Ops manager confirmed: ECU is not missing
05-13-22: EDD 7: 05-29-22 to 06-02-22 (5 days)

Still waiting for my M3P. Hasn't been all that long.
OD 3/10
EDD May 2022
EDD May 21 - June 18 4/20
EDD May 26 - June 9 5/5
EDD May 21 - June 2 5/7
Going to have to really make a decision if I'm going to follow thru with the purchase. Multiple pros and cons. But now I know my time is short to decide.

Still waiting for my M3P. Hasn't been all that long.
OD 3/10
EDD May 2022
EDD May 21 - June 18 4/20
EDD May 26 - June 9 5/5
EDD May 21 - June 2 5/7
Going to have to really make a decision if I'm going to follow thru with the purchase. Multiple pros and cons. But now I know my time is short to decide.
Let us know if we can help with pros and cons.

Reactions: finaufan
Is full body PPF and ceramic coating really worth it? Also, do they void any kind of Tesla Warranty? The strange thing is that all the places I checked they are all mostly always working on Teslas. Is the paint that bad? I have owned 9 different BMWs and never had to add any PPF. Thoughts? Just curious. Thanks.

Is full body PPF and ceramic coating really worth it? Also, do they void any kind of Tesla Warranty? The strange thing is that all the places I checked they are all mostly always working on Teslas. Is the paint that bad? I have owned 9 different BMWs and never had to add any PPF. Thoughts? Just curious. Thanks.

Supposedly the paint isn't as...robust, primarily due to manufacturing limitations in California (environmental reasons). Also the front end being somewhat flat seems to make it a magnet for rock chips.

Also, it seems like for the average Tesla buyer, this is their first "luxury" car purchase over 50k, so they're more mindful of protecting the fit and finish.