Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD moved this morning a whole one day to the right. Was 8/7-8/21 and sitting at 8/8-8/21…. Putting me now just short of two weeks. From what I’ve seen anything short of two weeks is a good thing.

Mine too, went from 8/4-8/18 to 8/5-8/18. I've been expecting a VIN this week, based on other's order dates vs mine. Hope it comes this weekend. Definitely checking source code when I get home.

My EDD is sep 9 - Oct 11 after ordering it in mid June

with the EDD being so late in the year it got me thinking, is it a better idea to wait until the end of the year to get a 2023 model?

when do the new models for teslas come out ?

I have the same exact EDD window. Also located in LA.

I’ve read you should be able to order the 2023 model sometime in winter 2022 but delivery would likely be another couple of months. I’m guessing even if we receive ours after Oct 1st, we’re still getting the ‘22 model. Maybe ‘23 model for those who order after Oct?

I have the same exact EDD window. Also located in LA.

I’ve read you should be able to order the 2023 model sometime in winter 2022 but delivery would likely be another couple of months. I’m guessing even if we receive ours after Oct 1st, we’re still getting the ‘22 model. Maybe ‘23 model for those who order after Oct?

That’s a bummer lol figured if the dates were close enough and I’m not in a rush I could just opt for a later date and get the 23 model. I understand there are little to no changes from year to year but it’s always nice having the newest one 🥶

Heard nothing but great things about this from basically everywhere. I have it in my Tesla Amazon shopping list along with 2K worth of other *sugar* for when I finally get it. 🥲
Ack, hand shook and hit the wrong emote. Haste that was supposed to be a "like" response. Have not seen a way to correct my response yet. Haste, you definitely have "accessory disease." Only thing that has saved me from your lofty plans is that my car is leased.:)

Edit. Figured out how to change my disagree to a like.

• Love
Reactions: Haste
Ack, hand shook and hit the wrong emote. Haste that was supposed to a "like" response. Have not seen a way to correct my response yet. Haste, you definitely have "accessory disease." Only thing that has saved me from your lofty plans is that my car is leased.:)
We're only here for so long until we return to the cosmic dirt. Might as well live a life you enjoy with things and people you enjoy.

My EDD is sep 9 - Oct 11 after ordering it in mid June

with the EDD being so late in the year it got me thinking, is it a better idea to wait until the end of the year to get a 2023 model?

when do the new models for teslas come out ?

I'd just keep the original order. Now if the 2023 came with cooled seats and a HUD, then I'd ditch the 2022 even if the DD was today. However, I think we'd all win the lottery first before those features are ever offered in our 3s.

Perhaps the competition will pressure Tesla to give us what we should have in our M3Ps as standard. :p

Reactions: bossra95 and julit0
I'd just keep the original order. Now if the 2023 came with cooled seats and a HUD, then I'd ditch the 2022 even if the DD was today. However, I think we'd all win the lottery first before those features are ever offered in our 3s.

Perhaps the competition will pressure Tesla to give us what we should have in our M3Ps as standard. :p
Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. Do we know when we might get some clues as to what changes are coming.. I almost want to hold out on the minor chance that there is cooled seats in the 3 or at least the option for them. The #1 negative I had when I drove the Y was the back sweat. This is the main reason I chose white seats.

Reactions: unlock
Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. Do we know when we might get some clues as to what changes are coming.. I almost want to hold out on the minor chance that there is cooled seats in the 3 or at least the option for them. The #1 negative I had when I drove the Y was the back sweat. This is the main reason I chose white seats.
Tesla does not make changes by model year… so for 2023, nothing is coming. What comes in calendar year 2023 is anyone’s guess. In the past, the Model S basically rotted while they were getting ready to ramp up the Model 3 - so since we have the Cybertruck coming next year (maybe), and big factory ramp-ups everywhere, I would say there are going to be no significant changes in the next year or so, outside of software.

Tesla does not make changes by model year… so for 2023, nothing is coming. What comes in calendar year 2023 is anyone’s guess. In the past, the Model S basically rotted while they were getting ready to ramp up the Model 3 - so since we have the Cybertruck coming next year (maybe), and big factory ramp-ups everywhere, I would say there are going to be no significant changes in the next year or so, outside of software.

I hear ya @Haste, my biggest gripe was not having at least cooled seats in a $70K car. It's a darn shame really at this price point, but like 3geekfamily said the priority is elsewhere for Tesla, rather than trying to add anything worthwhile to the 3s.

If there are any significant changes, I foresee it possibly being for the 2025 models as that's when a flood of other EVs will be entering the market. Let's hope that this forces Tesla to innovate and to include features that are expected at the price point.

I've been wondering about how it's going to pan out for Telsa in the very near future, we're talking within >3 years. With more market saturation, competition, and parts availability, Tesla will eventually have to drop prices, instead of, "pricing the cars now at predicted future prices." ie... keep raising prices.

One of the strongest weapons in the arsenal for Tesla was its charging network, but once that opens up to the public, that rug is pulled right out from under their feet. ie... can't use that as a perk any more. - At the same time, can't blame Elon for pretty much having to do that in order to get that sweet money from the infrastructure bill.

Software being another strong point for Tesla, this will too be challenged by Mercedes and HMG. Their development for autonomous driving is very strong. Check out the EQS and Genesis GV60. I think a lot forget that Tesla isn't the only one with OTA updates.

The other strong points that I can think of that's left for Tesla are driving dynamics, range and styling. All extremely important in their own ways, but this too will and is being challenged even today in 2022. (Real world range, not paper range.)

I'm still with the opinion that the Tesla Model 3 is still the best looking EV out on the road today. Absolutely love the design. The driving dynamics is also top of the class for me too. These factors hold a lot of weight that makes the panel gaps etc... a little more forgiving. - I get it, QC is important. There are other makers like HMG that absolutely crush it in QC & Quality overall compared to Tesla. Competition is welcomed and at the end of the day we as the consumers win.

On another note, hoping to get an EED change here soon... 🤞

Last edited:
FYI, anytime you open the app on your phone, it's going to connect to your car... whether you're 10 feet away, or 1000 miles. The 'connected' it lists in there indicates that it has a network connection to your car, so the data you're seeing is live data (and not stale, as sometimes happens when you first open the app), so the SOC can be trusted, etc.

So, moral of the story - if you're worried because someone can just go outside and open your doors because it says 'connected' in your app - don't be. Just have someone test it. Mine never unlocked unless I was within ~5 feet or so.

"Connected" in the app means it's connected over the internet, and does not necessarily indicate the state of the bluetooth connection.
@3geekfamily Not in my case. Or at least what I’m referring to. If I’m out of key range it says disconnected. If im in range it says connected. Im referring to the remote key in the app. Under security in the app it says Phone key- and either connected or disconnected. Looks like this on the app. I wish mine was only 5 feet away.
60A9341D-C86B-4ECE-B8AB-78F414CA2977.jpeg

Reactions: 3geekfamily
I hear ya @Haste, my biggest gripe was not having at least cooled seats in a $70K car. It's a darn shame really at this price point, but like 3geekfamily said the priority is elsewhere for Tesla, rather than trying to add anything worthwhile to the 3s.

If there are any significant changes, I foresee it possibly being for the 2025 models as that's when a flood of other EVs will be entering the market. Let's hope that this forces Tesla to innovate and to include features that are expected at the price point.

I've been wondering about how it's going to pan out for Telsa in the very near future, we're talking within >3 years. With more market saturation, competition, and parts availability, Tesla will eventually have to drop prices, instead of, "pricing the cars now at predicted future prices." ie... keep raising prices.

One of the strongest weapons in the arsenal for Tesla was its charging network, but once that opens up to the public, that rug is pulled right out from under their feet. ie... can't use that as a perk any more. - At the same time, can't blame Elon for pretty much having to do that in order to get that sweet money from the infrastructure bill.

Software being another strong point for Tesla, this will too be challenged by Mercedes and HMG. Their development for autonomous driving is very strong. Check out the EQS and Genesis GV60. I think a lot forget that Tesla isn't the only one with OTA updates.

The other strong points that I can think of that's left for Tesla are driving dynamics, range and styling. All extremely important in their own ways, but this too will and is being challenged even today in 2022. (Real world range, not paper range.)

I'm still with the opinion that the Tesla Model 3 is still the best looking EV out on the road today. Absolutely love the design. The driving dynamics is also top of the class for me too. These factors hold a lot of weight that makes the panel gaps etc... a little more forgiving. - I get it, QC is important. There are other makers like HMG that absolutely crush it in QC & Quality overall compared to Tesla. Competition is welcomed and at the end of the day we as the consumers win.

On another note, hoping to get an EED change here soon... 🤞
Dang I just looked up the charging network being opened up. Wth. Things keep getting better and better lol. The spot in Santa Nella on I-5 has been pretty full of tesla vehicles when I drove by a few times. I can’t imagine the lines and wait times during travel weekends

@3geekfamily Not in my case. Or at least what I’m referring to. If I’m out of key range it says disconnected. If im in range it says connected. Im referring to the remote key in the app. Under security in the app it says Phone key- and either connected or disconnected. Looks like this on the app. I wish mine was only 5 feet away.
View attachment 831772
Ahh, ok! Apologies, I misunderstood where you were talking about. Again, though - have you had someone actually try to open the car from those distances?

Ahh, ok! Apologies, I misunderstood where you were talking about. Again, though - have you had someone actually try to open the car from those distances?
Not in a breaking and entry fashion but I learned the hard way when I was in my living room and my car was in my driveway and my kid was in it getting her backpack lol. I just check it when I go into a restaurant especially if I’m eating close to where I’m parked. I started checking it when I heard read a post online about kids breaking into a womens car because the phone was as on her nightstand and her car was in the driveway apparently close enough where it was still connected to the phone

Reactions: 3geekfamily