Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all of the two week windows lately, including my own, my anxiety is building up lol. However, at the same time it's really disappointing in the sense that many people on here have fell out of two week windows. Two week windows should be the closing point towards a VIN. I really hate that it's not always like that. They should only drop a window that narrow if indeed the car is scheduled to be produced soon. It ****s with a lot of people's minds including my own. I've been on a 13 day window for about 4 days now and I'm just praying it's the only one I get and a VIN is approaching as well as for everyone else eagerly sitting in the same boat.

Last edited:
Starting week 7 since my order and I just got ANOTHER push out today. See sig. I don't think I've seen any Californians get VINs or delivery dates since EOQ.
Pushed my EDD out a month! Seemingly to position me for an EOQ local delivery to make their numbers. WTH.
Is there any other way to look at it? Just not right.
Something is up idk what

It wouldn't be such an issue if they'd just set realistic expectations for us from the start. I would have been fine with having it delivered in September or even October. That would have been consistent with what it said on the order page. But when they set the initial EDD window to 7/24 - 8/7 it got me scrambling to get all the logistics sorted out ASAP. Then they moved the dates back. It's not really a bad thing to have all that stuff figured out early, but it would be nice to be able to take them seriously on the timing.
Totally agree!

Starting week 7 since my order and I just got ANOTHER push out today. See sig. I don't think I've seen any Californians get VINs or delivery dates since EOQ.
Pushed my EDD out a month! Seemingly to position me for an EOQ local delivery to make their numbers. WTH.
Is there any other way to look at it? Just not right.
My Edd pushed out to EOQ and then back to a 2 week window. Now it pushed out a week but it is odd the California VINs are for the EOQ usually even with performance models

Sold my ‘21 M3P a month ago because I got a ridiculous offer that I couldn’t pass up.

I may have to fold and rent a car on turo for a month or so. I found okayish cars that cost the same as a month payment as the Tesla, so it’s kind of a no brainer. We have two kids and they both are in sports that start today and always are at the same time/day and different locations lol.

First world problem for sure, but it sucks only having one car. Hindsight is a bitch too. I knew I was in the market to sell the M3P and buy a new one two months before I actually sold the car. I should have just sucked it up and ordered it earlier, but I was hesitant because I wasn’t sure I’d get the price I’d like in this economy, but I was wrong lol. My stingy ass didn’t want to lose the $250 deposit if I didn’t end up going through with my plan.

Just got another updated EDD now it was sitting at 8/13-8/17 and has now been adjusted to 8/8-8/14. Better moving left but still a little unnerving as I still haven't been contacted about scheduling a delivery time. Would mean taking off work on short notice as my delivery center is an 1 1/2 hrs away.
You'll be contacted in the next few days. You won't get the text/email to schedule delivery until around a week before or so... My DD was 8/5-8/9, and I just got my text on Thursday. Taking delivery on 8/7 in Charlotte, assuming the car comes in as expected :)

Sold my ‘21 M3P a month ago because I got a ridiculous offer that I couldn’t pass up.

I may have to fold and rent a car on turo for a month or so. I found okayish cars that cost the same as a month payment as the Tesla, so it’s kind of a no brainer. We have two kids and they both are in sports that start today and always are at the same time/day and different locations lol.

First world problem for sure, but it sucks only having one car. Hindsight is a bitch too. I knew I was in the market to sell the M3P and buy a new one two months before I actually sold the car. I should have just sucked it up and ordered it earlier, but I was hesitant because I wasn’t sure I’d get the price I’d like in this economy, but I was wrong lol. My stingy ass didn’t want to lose the $250 deposit if I didn’t end up going through with my plan.
Ordered 2 days before you but same EDD. Our cars may arrive on the same day in Raleigh :)