Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude. Some guy on Reddit replied to a thread and had the EXACT same order as me… M3P, MSM/White, etc. with delivery to Raleigh, NC. He ordered a week after me and already has a VIN.

*sugar* irks me so much. Happy for him for sure, but tesla is annoying lol
Yup I have seen that with my spec too and they are even in the bay! Ordered in June like what?! Oh well though 😂

CONGRATULATIONS brother!! WOW!!!!! FINALLY.

Did they ever tell you what the delay was?
Thank you. No they didn’t. The guys detailing the car said nobody was gonna be able to show me how to operate it either. Said they were short staffed. Outside and inside. Lucky for us there was a nice guy working inside that came out and showed me how to pair the phone as a key, move mirrors. Set easy exit etc. congratulations 🎉 on your car too. Enjoy.

It's all in here somewhere. I like to check the New posts and see what's of recent discussion. Lots of great info and advice. Like getting your Clean Air Vehicle decals and putting them on. Taking things apart to modify them or wire in a radar detector...

Thank you.

Reactions: julit0
I know you have only had the ride for a few hours but they say to hang in it's worth the wait. Do you agree? ( I know it's only been 8 weeks for me. I'm just being dramatic lol )
The car is pretty nice. It’s also pretty fast. Took my buddy who owns a 3LR for a ride and he was amazed how much faster the seat of the pants feeling was then his.

Hi DNSTommy,

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. I've come to realize after rejecting 3 Model 3 Performance but seeing some here receive perfect ones that its shear luck that all the stars aligned in Fremont when a Tesla rolls out without issues. They clearly have no final checks in place. I remember posting a link to the Tesla career page here a couple months ago showing their QC position and it only required a HS diploma and paid like $15-17 an hour😳

On another note......everybody SIT DOWN!!, I accepted Model 3 Performance number 4 todayView attachment 839455. They replace the carbon rear spoiler in a couple weeks, and I'm inclined to leave the small paint bump alone so it doesn't possibly open up a BIG can of worms....meaning repainting the door.
Congratulations! Made it thru some real Tesla shenanigans, too. Enjoy it!

Hi all,
I’m still sitting at EDD of Sept 14-oct 19th, OD June 23rd - white on black mp3, PNW.

Unfortunately the 1.99% auto loan I’m approved for is going to expire end of August.

If Tesla somehow gets me the vin before end of August, would it be possible to fund the loan, hence locking in that low rate - even though I don’t have the car?

Hi all,
I’m still sitting at EDD of Sept 14-oct 19th, OD June 23rd - white on black mp3, PNW.

Unfortunately the 1.99% auto loan I’m approved for is going to expire end of August.

If Tesla somehow gets me the vin before end of August, would it be possible to fund the loan, hence locking in that low rate - even though I don’t have the car?
definitely not since you wouldn't have collateral the bank wouldn't fund it

Reactions: Tarker124
Hello All!

I’ve been lurking this thread for a little while, so I figured I’d add my order to the mix.

Ordered my M3P 7/28 to Scottsdale AZ with white interior/exterior. Original EDD was October-Nov but changed to September 4th-October 9th quickly after. I will update with any changes to the EDD. Looking forward to see what happens with the EDD next, but expecting 2 months+ delivery from OD based on other people’s stories.

Also.. congrats on finally getting one to call your own Flatbroke!

Hi DNSTommy,

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. I've come to realize after rejecting 3 Model 3 Performance but seeing some here receive perfect ones that its shear luck that all the stars aligned in Fremont when a Tesla rolls out without issues. They clearly have no final checks in place. I remember posting a link to the Tesla career page here a couple months ago showing their QC position and it only required a HS diploma and paid like $15-17 an hour😳

On another note......everybody SIT DOWN!!, I accepted Model 3 Performance number 4 todayView attachment 839455. They replace the carbon rear spoiler in a couple weeks, and I'm inclined to leave the small paint bump alone so it doesn't possibly open up a BIG can of worms....meaning repainting the door.
NICE!! Congratulations! Glad it finally worked out for you!

Thank you. No they didn’t. The guys detailing the car said nobody was gonna be able to show me how to operate it either. Said they were short staffed. Outside and inside. Lucky for us there was a nice guy working inside that came out and showed me how to pair the phone as a key, move mirrors. Set easy exit etc. congratulations 🎉 on your car too. Enjoy.
Thanks Flatbroke, enjoy yours too when you're driving past gas stations, stay in touch!!!

Hi DNSTommy,

Thanks so much for all the thumbs up, all. Appreciate you.

Hi DNSTommy,

Nice to see @Gulfcoaster and @Flatbroke finally receive their cars. Persistence has paid off for both of you. Congrats.