Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla Fremont and asked about the EAP on residential street. They said it work. They also said the Summons feature has a limitation of “20 meters” they also said 60 feet. That doesn’t seem that far to me. It probably won’t work half way down an average neighborhood street.
Sounds like it would be a gamble going for EAP without knowing if it will work for your situation. Maybe you could try subscribing to FSD for a month to test it?

Reactions: unlock
Great pics and Congrats! Looking forward to your pics once wrapped.

I was in the same boat until I decided on going with a full ppf for now. The colors for vinyl+ppf rolls are limited at the moment. Hopefully by next year (after winter preferably) they'll have more colors available.

Ppf over regular vinyl was another consideration, but that's a lot of wrap going on lol. I've been curious how wraps will hold up in heavy winter conditions so I may wrap the pillars for now and test it this winter while I hit the slopes.

VIN where are you? Maybe my car is being made right now? :D
PPF over vinyl does sound like a LOT of wrap (and $$$). I'd just be accepting a bit less protection if I went with the wrap. I looked into the color PPF options and I agree it was very limited. If they had color-shifting PPF it would be an easy choice, though! 😂

Well, that was quick. Just got a VIN the same day that I received a two week window.

It's a 322XXX VIN, but I honestly don't even know what that means.
I had a 322XXX VIN and just picked up on Saturday and the car was fine. It wasn't a rejection or anything sometimes they produce cars in batches based on color or options. I wouldn't worry much about it and just do a good look over it when you get there using a checklist. There are plenty of them floating around. The best thing about Tesla is that if you find something the day you pick up they will either fix it on the spot or with a service appointment.

I got a 326XXX VIN as well! Is that bad?
There is a list of reasons a VIN could be behind the "current VIN". Some cars are built but are missing a part or a painted part and are set aside to be finished later. I think they are making 1000k cars a day in Fremont, so a 326 is a week back? Maybe someone can check my math on that. My car came out of the factory 5 days ago and has a 329.

If you get matched a VIN and it is available right now, well that car is at a SC. And was not accepted for some reason. Could be no time for a pickup or car was rejected.

It sounds like you are still in transit. So you are coming from the factory.

Last edited:
M3P White/White No FSD
7/5 Ordered M3P Aug-Oct 2022
7/6 Est. Delivery: November 18 -January 13
7/12 Est. Delivery: September 7 -October 12
8/4 Est. Delivery: September 3 -October 1
8/15: Vin Assigned
Looks like got an older vin though... 326xxx 😬
My VIN was 325xxx and the date of Manufacture was 8/7. So I don’t believe that you have an older VIN. Congratulations on getting your VIN!

I had a 322XXX VIN and just picked up on Saturday and the car was fine. It wasn't a rejection or anything sometimes they produce cars in batches based on color or options. I wouldn't worry much about it and just do a good look over it when you get there using a checklist. There are plenty of them floating around. The best thing about Tesla is that if you find something the day you pick up they will either fix it on the spot or with a service appointment.
Sweet, I appreciate it. Delivery scheduled for 8/17. Same day as the loan pre approval was set to expire, so it worked out great. Got insurance, dealer funding letter, etc.

Ordered 8/8 and got 11/13-12/25 as initial estimate. It has dropped today to 10/12 - 11/16.

It read earlier post it looks like 61 days average from order to delivery so hopefully my range is closer to the 10/12.
Based on my 4 day window, it move up to 70 days. But I may be an outlier. 61 or there abouts has seemed reliable, excluding flatbroke, for the 60 days I have been waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: bossra95 and unlock
PPF over vinyl does sound like a LOT of wrap (and $$$). I'd just be accepting a bit less protection if I went with the wrap. I looked into the color PPF options and I agree it was very limited. If they had color-shifting PPF it would be an easy choice, though! 😂

That's the trade off for sure. Too bad a wrap couldn't just be patched up right? If it wasn't for my winter sports it wouldn't be too bad, but man between the salted roads, rocks and annoying semis that kick up stuff in all the slush during the winter is harsh. I'm almost positive it'll chew right through the wrap.

I'm curious how soon I'll get a VIN or 2 week window now as my 60 day mark would be around end of next week. Hmm could it be possible that there will be some fast changes this week I wonder?... Hoping for a DD before Aug ends.

That's the trade off for sure. Too bad a wrap couldn't just be patched up right? If it wasn't for my winter sports it wouldn't be too bad, but man between the salted roads, rocks and annoying semis that kick up stuff in all the slush during the winter is harsh. I'm almost positive it'll chew right through the wrap.

I'm curious how soon I'll get a VIN or 2 week window now as my 60 day mark would be around end of next week. Hmm could it be possible that there will be some fast changes this week I wonder?... Hoping for a DD before Aug ends.
I really wish wrapping was cheaper, shop in Tampa wanted $6K for full stealth PPF and that's just quite insane to be honest. I might do it later down the line but I am not getting it right away for sure. 10% of the value of the car on day one sheesh.

I really wish wrapping was cheaper, shop in Tampa wanted $6K for full stealth PPF and that's just quite insane to be honest. I might do it later down the line but I am not getting it right away for sure. 10% of the value of the car on day one sheesh.
I plan on doing PPF and the price is the same for me, I want to protect my car ASAP from when I take delivery so I am getting it done soon. I know it is expensive but it will be well worth it in the long run

• Informative
Reactions: LorentzTorque
Just got my new VIN! Delivery date is now 8/30 - 9/3. I can't believe how well the 2 week hold on my account went. I had specifically asked the Tesla Agent to get my delivery as close to September 1st as possible (closing on a house 8/31).

Time to go buy insurance! Can hardly contain my excitement!

*Forgot to add, VIN is 336xxx

Reactions: LorentzTorque
Hi everyone,
In case any others have been on the fence about the color they chose but worried that if they change, it will affect the delivery date:

OOD 6/23 white with black interior, PNW
Current EDD: sept 14-oct 19th
Due to my date being so far out, I decided I had nothing to lose so reached out and had my exterior color switched to black
EDD stayed the same: sept 14- oct 19th

Seems to further solidify that location is a massive part of expected delivery.