Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN today. 342xxx, Freemont VIN. App now shows expected delivery range of 8/27-8/31. OD: 7/01
That was quick: VIN assigned last night (23rd), car arrives here in the Rockies on the 27th, actual delivery scheduled for the 29th. Since this room is for tracking and sharing so that others have an idea of what to expect, my total journey was right down the middle for averages and about as vanilla as it gets, as follows:
  • OD 7/1 (MSM/Black, no FSD but I really don't think adding that matters at all since it's essentially just flipping a 0 to a 1 in the software)
  • 5-week window assigned 7 days after ordering (I completed my open app checklist items immediately after ordering)
  • 4-week window assigned 38 days after ordering
  • 2-week window assigned 49 days after ordering
  • VIN assigned 53 days after ordering
  • Delivery scheduled: 59 days after ordering
Pour one out for the homies on the west coast watching everyone who ordered after them already taking delivery while they can't even get a 2-week window đź«‚

Not going to lie I absolutely love the white interior in mine. Makes it feel more open. I have two kids under 5 and there has been nothing a wet wipe can’t fix.

That's great to know! From what I've seen the seats hold up pretty well. Any plans to ceramic coat them? I just ordered a kit specifically for p-leather.
That was quick: VIN assigned last night (23rd), car arrives here in the Rockies on the 27th, actual delivery scheduled for the 29th. Since this room is for tracking and sharing so that others have an idea of what to expect, my total journey was right down the middle for averages and about as vanilla as it gets, as follows:
  • OD 7/1 (MSM/Black, no FSD but I really don't think adding that matters at all since it's essentially just flipping a 0 to a 1 in the software)
  • 5-week window assigned 7 days after ordering (I completed my open app checklist items immediately after ordering)
Pour one out for the homies on the west coast watching everyone who ordered after them already taking delivery while they can't even get a 2-week window đź«‚
Thanks for the breakdown and cheers. I'm approaching my 60 days. Hoping to get some movement tomorrow.

That's great to know! From what I've seen the seats hold up pretty well. Any plans to ceramic coat them? I just ordered a kit specifically for p-leather.

Thanks for the breakdown and cheers. I'm approaching my 60 days. Hoping to get some movement tomorrow.
I hope we get our VINs soon! Our 60 days from ordering is approaching soon so I am so excited!

Took delivery of my model 3 performance yesterday. 2 month and a day wait total from order to delivery.

However does everyone’s window sticker just say full self driving by default? I did not order mine with it however it states it on the sticker.

Attachments

• 16A19E91-494A-4038-915B-F7C9981EA032.jpeg
    16A19E91-494A-4038-915B-F7C9981EA032.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 90
Week 10 for me as of today. Start of my 2 week window as well. No VIN yet. I will be surprised if this 2 week window holds out and I get my car before it ends.. I am on what's now known as The West Coast Wait

Last edited:
Took delivery of my model 3 performance yesterday. 2 month and a day wait total from order to delivery.

However does everyone’s window sticker just say full self driving by default? I did not order mine with it however it states it on the sticker.
I cannot tell you for sure why you have full self driving other than to tell you my experience. When I was building my car, I chose EAS ($6000). It showed up in my bottom line. I did some quick math using the figures you provided, and it looks like you paid for self driving. I would take it up with Tesla.

Hopefully, someone else on the board has experienced this and can provide a more comprehensive answer than I can.

Reactions: unlock

If you actually paid that 77,190 price then you got charged the full $12,000 for FSD, my guy. The price is broken out as follows:
  • 62,990 - Current price for Model 3 Performance without estimated savings (you can go configure this yourself on the website right now)
  • 1,000 - Your seat upgrade
  • 1,200 - Destination fee
  • 12,000 - Full Self Driving
  • TOTAL PRICE - 77,190
If didn't want FSD your price should have been 65,190, so double check your finance paperwork and make sure you actually paid that lower amount in which case you're good. Otherwise a call to your SA is in order today.

Austin TX finally got some love. This all moved really fast once the ball got rolling.

Last night @7:30 pm I received an email indicating my Mobile charger had shipped
This morning @10:30 am, I received an email asking me to schedule delivery
Received a text about the same time saying my VIN was assigned
Added my insurance
Scheduled delivery using their website, which gave me a one choice, 9/1/22 @ 2:00 pm

Went from a Jun-Aug EDD to a firm date all in a matter of 1 day. :)

I hope we get our VINs soon! Our 60 days from ordering is approaching soon so I am so excited!
The biggest drum roll ever!
Week 10 for me as of today. Start of my 2 week window as well. No VIN yet. I will be surprised if this 2 week window holds out and I get my car before it ends.. I am on what's now known as The West Coast Wait
For us west coast folks it feels like hell week (marines) where we're all holding the log with our backs against the crashing waves; all holding each other up. One side of me is like man this is ridiculous that we get side lined, while the other side is reminding of others, tesla or not, that have to wait literally forever. 1-2 years+.... I feel your pain. We all have our reasons for wanting it asap. For me I have plans and trips in place that are creeping up. If it wasn't for that I'd likely be in the complete opposite scenario where I might have put the rsvp on hold til' I came back.

First world problems... Blessed. Including everyone in here. ;)
Austin TX finally got some love. This all moved really fast once the ball got rolling.

Last night @7:30 pm I received an email indicating my Mobile charger had shipped
This morning @10:30 am, I received an email asking me to schedule delivery
Received a text about the same time saying my VIN was assigned
Added my insurance
Scheduled delivery using their website, which gave me a one choice, 9/1/22 @ 2:00 pm

Went from a Jun-Aug EDD to a firm date all in a matter of 1 day. :)
That's great news! It's crazy in a good way how genuinely happy I felt reading about your updates. I'm sure others feel the same. It sure does seem like things will happen really fast for us up here too. Heck we don't even get the VIN until the car shows up at the SC here. So it happens fast. I guess in a way it's like ripping off the band-aid fast vs slowly peeling it.