Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a couple days ago and my EDD was shown to be exactly one month after my order date. I am in the Bay Area, how accurate is the EDD? M3P, MSM, No FSD
It can fluctuate a lot and it doesn't matter until you get a VIN. The general rule of thumb is at the beginning of each quarter east coast and midwest is prioritized and then west coast is towards the end like this month for example. You might even get a VIN at the end of the month since that happened to my friend who ordered in beginning of June and got a VIN right at the end of the month.

• Informative
Reactions: LorentzTorque
It can fluctuate a lot and it doesn't matter until you get a VIN. The general rule of thumb is at the beginning of each quarter east coast and midwest is prioritized and then west coast is towards the end like this month for example. You might even get a VIN at the end of the month since that happened to my friend who ordered in beginning of June and got a VIN right at the end of the month.
thanks! that’s good to know so i can prep for loans and stuff.

I ordered a couple days ago and my EDD was shown to be exactly one month after my order date. I am in the Bay Area, how accurate is the EDD? M3P, MSM, No FSD
It's seemingly random. My stats below (all 2022 obvs):

OD: 8/5
First EDD on 8/5: October - November
Second EDD ~8/15: 10/12 - 11/6
Third EDD on 9/6: 9/18 - 9/24

Story here starts with the third EDD. I woke up the morning of 9/6 and checked the app for an EDD update. It still said 10/12 - 11/16. An hour later I got a text saying my VIN has been assigned and to go in the app and finish delivery tasks. As of today I still haven't finished putting in insurance and confirming financing. Also Today (9/8) I got a text telling me to schedule delivery and that my address is eligible for my car to be delivered to. I opened the app to schedule and literally the only date and time available were 9/25 from noon - 2pm, so that's what I have scheduled.

Basically it's random af. There are stories of people getting pushed back months and months and there are stories of people getting their cars much earlier than expected. Take your EDD with a grain of salt.

OD: 09/02/2022

Black/Black, No FSD

California - Bay Area

EDD 1: Oct - Nov 2022

EDD 2: Nov 6 - Dec 18 (Updated 09/03/22)

EDD 3: Sept 8 - Sept 12 (Updated 09/08/22)

Vin # & Delivery Date Sept 12th

I got lucky today guys!
Did you pick to be pick up at Daly City during the initial buying process? I put my registration address for SF but it says “Fremont Delivery” not sure when in this process I am suppose to go pick it up?

It's seemingly random. My stats below (all 2022 obvs):

OD: 8/5
First EDD on 8/5: October - November
Second EDD ~8/15: 10/12 - 11/6
Third EDD on 9/6: 9/18 - 9/24

Story here starts with the third EDD. I woke up the morning of 9/6 and checked the app for an EDD update. It still said 10/12 - 11/16. An hour later I got a text saying my VIN has been assigned and to go in the app and finish delivery tasks. As of today I still haven't finished putting in insurance and confirming financing. Also Today (9/8) I got a text telling me to schedule delivery and that my address is eligible for my car to be delivered to. I opened the app to schedule and literally the only date and time available were 9/25 from noon - 2pm, so that's what I have scheduled.

Basically it's random af. There are stories of people getting pushed back months and months and there are stories of people getting their cars much earlier than expected. Take your EDD with a grain of salt.
Ya seems like it’s within the 1-2 month range tesla been saying, still good i guess lol. where are you based ?

Did you pick to be pick up at Daly City during the initial buying process? I put my registration address for SF but it says “Fremont Delivery” not sure when in this process I am suppose to go pick it up?
0294617A-212D-4754-97C1-1EF2AD2E9EAD.jpeg

You choose during registration process. I chose Colma,CA

• Helpful
View attachment 850558
You choose during registration process. I chose Colma,CA
Mine says Fremont - Direct Delivery, and then there's a Delivery Address section with my address (right across the bay from Fremont). I actually want to pick it up at the factory, and I don't remember ever choosing to have it delivered to me. Do you know if there's a way to change this in the app or online, or if I need to call to have it changed?

Reactions: unlock
Mine says Fremont - Direct Delivery, and then there's a Delivery Address section with my address (right across the bay from Fremont). I actually want to pick it up at the factory, and I don't remember ever choosing to have it delivered to me. Do you know if there's a way to change this in the app or online, or if I need to call to have it changed?
At time of delivery, they will let you know whether they will do home delivery or SC pick up. But I hear people can choose either or at the time. There were a couple instances that people said Tesla "forced" them to do home delivery due to lack of space to keep their car at the lot, though.

• Informative
That’s weird because I never had the option to pick it lol. It just says Fremont but my registration is San Francisco.. Could it be because my “delivery” address is in East Bay?
Nope shouldnt be. It had the option for you to choose your Tesla delivery/pick up location during registration. You may have overlooked it and chose Fremont instead? Either way, Im not sure how that would affect your delivery process. You would probably have to contact your SA or the particular Tesla location to see if they can change that for you.

At time of delivery, they will let you know whether they will do home delivery or SC pick up. But I hear people can choose either or at the time. There were a couple instances that people said Tesla "forced" them to do home delivery due to lack of space to keep their car at the lot, though.
I'm definitely calling them in the morning to see if they can get it on the record that I want to pick it up at the factory. There's absolutely no reason to have it transported to my home when I'm this close.

Reactions: unlock and Cho22
I did not have a option to pick. I stay in Berkeley.
That's strange that they would make you go to Daly City when it would be less work for both you and them to keep it in the east bay...

Edit: Based on your quick OD - DD time, I'm guessing it was already at the SC in Daly City and someone didn't take delivery. Not necessarily rejected for QC reasons. (Definitely check it out closely, though!) Could have been a financing issue, out of town during delivery window, etc.

Last edited: