Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post but longtime lurker :)

Original order date: 9/11

VIN assigned: 11/1

EDD: 11/13 - 11/21

I can't schedule my delivery date yet, but I hope I can't have it delivered before 11/17 as I'll be traveling after.
Will my delivery date be pushed out to infinity if I can't take delivery while I'm traveling?
You will go back into the waiting que. The wait should be shorter. We purchased a M3P back in June and we had a vacation planned in the window it would be delivered. We did all the paperwork prior to leaving and authorized a good friend of mine to pickup on my behalf. He also had access to the app to accept delivery. We liked the M3P so much we are purchasing a 2nd so here I wait again. Order Date: 10/24 w/ Estimated Delivery of 11/17 to 12/1.

I thought I would share some updates regarding my order process.

Tesla M3P
White/White/Basic Autopilot

OD: 10/4
EDD Timeline:
10/5 - November 10 - December 15
10/20 - November 19 - December 17
10/28 - November 15 - November 29
11/1 - November 14 - November 23
11/1 - VIN Received - November 15 - November 22

Car is currently in transit. Overall, my order process has been flawless so far. EDD updates were consistent and my texts to Tesla have all been answered within minutes. I was very nervous after scouring the forum and hearing some of the trouble others have gone through, but am pleasantly surprised with how smooth everything has been. Now I am just hoping for no major cosmetic issues with the car and I will consider my experience an A+++ !

Reactions: t-rex266
I thought I would share some updates regarding my order process.

Tesla M3P
White/White/Basic Autopilot

OD: 10/4
EDD Timeline:
10/5 - November 10 - December 15
10/20 - November 19 - December 17
10/28 - November 15 - November 29
11/1 - November 14 - November 23
11/1 - VIN Received - November 15 - November 22

Car is currently in transit. Overall, my order process has been flawless so far. EDD updates were consistent and my texts to Tesla have all been answered within minutes. I was very nervous after scouring the forum and hearing some of the trouble others have gone through, but am pleasantly surprised with how smooth everything has been. Now I am just hoping for no major cosmetic issues with the car and I will consider my experience an A+++ !
Not bad, I ordered on 9/27/22 and just got my vin on the 31st. Window is still the 15th to the 22nd. Same build, white/white with basic a/p and in south florida. I'm looking forward to it, hopefully I'll get another update in the next couple of days.

Reactions: Sblack
First post but longtime lurker :)

Original order date: 9/11

VIN assigned: 11/1

EDD: 11/13 - 11/21

I can't schedule my delivery date yet, but I hope I can't have it delivered before 11/17 as I'll be traveling after.
Will my delivery date be pushed out to infinity if I can't take delivery while I'm traveling?

My local service center called me regarding our enroute car. They said to accept one of the dates Tesla proposes even if we can't take it that day. Then to call them back at the service center to figure out a new date.

Reactions: Will_I_Make_It
Brutal day yesterday (I felt sick on pickup day of all days, of course) so I didn't get a chance to post my graduation so here it is.

The pickup process was seamless, we arrived on time and the reps unlocked the car for us to inspect inside/out before making the final payment/accepting delivery. The car itself is (mainly) flawless. The panel gaps are not that bad at all (in line with all other cars I saw in the lot with mine). No misalignment issues of any kind and the paint looked perfect (to my non-car detailer eye). Since I felt sick I didn't even do the full "checklist" and wanted to get home as soon as possible. After we inspected everything we paid, accepted delivery, and signed one document and got the keys. I am not sure how car dealerships still exist when this process took literally 5 minutes tops. The only negatives I have are: the car wasn't fully detailed, you would expect a 70K car wouldn't have water spots (from what I assume was transport on a truck driving through rain). The rims and wheels were dirty, like actually with a layer dirt and grime and stuff which is not a huge deal but honestly I expected them to be mint since the car had 5 miles on it. Also with the white seats, as I have seen posted a ton of times online, there was a few spots where it was dirty like an employees dirty hand was doing something and left a few marks (these were wiped up 99% with interior cleaner and baby wipes) but the back seats under the seatbelt has a few lines where it looks like the black plastic from the seatbelt lock were left in there to melt against the seats in the sun or something which has only like 40% come off after hardcore wiping it down. The black stains under the seatbelts are not a big deal as the seatbelts are covering them a majority of the time but that is still kinda sad to see. Other than these few minor nitpicks the car is beyond perfect, the interior is mint and no rattles, weird sounds, or things that feel not secured or wobbly (I went around messing with all the interior parts as my old car would flap like a duck when you pressed anything, but these are rock solid). Overall I am 9.75/10 satisfied with the process and the car.

It's going in for tint, ppf, ceramic on Monday and I will update again. They seem to have really stepped up their QC especially in the interior (compared to all the posts I have read in the past).

This thing is ****ing FAST. I barely half floored it from like 20-50 and my girlfriends stomach took a SpaceX rocket to the trunk and did a 360 before returning her soul to her body. You will NOT regret getting this car and I doubt the smile will ever go away from my face.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    824.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 74
Originally ordered a LR in July but came in without Matrix lights so I refused. Was showing December delivery but changed to a Performance this week. Est Del moved up to Nov 18-30. Wednesday I was assigned a VIN. Thursday my VIN was removed. Est Del unchanged at Nov 18-30.