Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why am I refreshing the app again? I just checked it 30 minutes ago. A watched pot never boils. There's zero chance that.... I GOT A VIN! W00t!

OD: 1/21
Original EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 16
VIN: 2/8
New EDD: Feb 20 - Feb 27
San Antonio

To celebrate, here's another rabbit hole for you to go down - all of this channel's videos are fascinating, especially the Tesla tear-downs. In this interview, Elon talks frankly about production issues. He states that there are two good times to order a Tesla: 1) At launch, when they are perfecting each and every car off the line or 2) Once production has fully ramped and they've figured out how to do it at scale - aka, right now.

Highly recommend the other videos on the channel - they'll keep you occupied between refreshes.

That's great news...Thanks for sharing and Congrats!
I ordered the morning of 1/24, have similar EDD (2/15-3/15) so hoping for a VIN this week to ensure a delivery before March 1. Crossing my fingers!
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Has anyone compiled a delivery check list for the Model 3? I know paint, panel gaps, interior trim are some of the things to spend time looking over, but I am curious if a more comprehensive checklist exists based on the gaps in quality control which people have observed with their cars.

So I’m still looking at different lenders for the loan and thus don’t have a lien holder yet. Because of that I can’t get an insurance binder to upload in the Tesla app. Anyone been in a similar spot, any ways around it?
Can you tell them to you are thinking of buying out and add later maybe? I as well had to provide lender and lender address. But I went with Tesla financing and that sped things up

Metro Detroit, MI

Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb
EDD: Feb 1 - Mar 1
(1/25) EDD Update (1): 2/5-2/19
(2/6) EDD Update (2): 2/6-2/19
(2/7) EDD Update (3): 2/7-2/19

STILL no VIN
Metro Detroit, MI

Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb
(2/8) EDD Update (4): 2/8-2/19

STILL no VIN

So I’m still looking at different lenders for the loan and thus don’t have a lien holder yet. Because of that I can’t get an insurance binder to upload in the Tesla app. Anyone been in a similar spot, any ways around it?
I'm in the same boat you are. Some lenders have better rates than Tesla, so its worth it to look. I've found a few local credit unions around me with better rates. Plus you really cant commit to a lender until you know you're within 30 days of receiving the vehicle or the lender will have to pull your credit again. Waiting for my VIN before I apply for the loan officially. That way I know I'm well within 30 days of taking delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: hintoml
Metro Detroit, MI

Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb

STILL no VIN

VIN FINALLY ASSIGNED!! (2/8) Found out by refreshing order page.

Metro Detroit, MI

Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb
(2/8) EDD Update (5): 2/13-2/22