Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eyeballing the spreadsheet, it looks like the average wait time from order to VIN for blue/black is 12 to 17 days (closer to 17) for my time period. I've exceeded that now, so I'm assuming my location is a big factor - and I have a feeling that I'm on the cusp of when people really started flocking to the lower prices.

Tampa Bay area, FL
Blue / Black
OD 1/16 morning
EDD 2/8 - 3/8
VIN nope

VIN assigned this morning, 22 days since ordering, and that seems to be the same for other 1/16 orders in the spreadsheet.

Tampa Bay area, FL
Blue / Black
OD 1/16 morning
EDD 2/8 - 3/8
VIN 2/7
EDD (updated) 2/26 - 3/7

Ordered 1/18 (white/white M3P Northern VA)
Original EDD Jan - Feb
EDD updated to Feb 9 - Mar 9
Feb 7 received VIN and EDD changed to Feb 20 - Feb 27

I added my insurance information and It's showing me that I can make the final payment now. Has anyone made their payment this far (2-3 weeks) prior to delivery? Would it impact the actual delivery date at this point?

Original EDD Jan - Feb

I added my insurance information and It's showing me that I can make the final payment now. Has anyone made their payment this far (2-3 weeks) prior to delivery? Would it impact the actual delivery date at this point?
I got my vin on the 1st and added my insurance info at the time, the Make Final Payment is still greyed out for me.

Original EDD Jan - Feb

Yes , after I got my VIN I immediately added proof of insurance and then the payment. The start button was lit up to make final payment which then gave me a list of banks, I selected USAA and it requested to connect to the USAA app on my phone, using their "Plaid" connector. After logging in with my USAA log in, I authorized the full payment from my checking account and it accepted it and now says "Complete: $0 due". It took less than a minute total.

I checked my bank account and the $ hasn't been pulled yet, and nothing pending. I'm guessing it just verified the available funds in the account and maybe will pull it later around delivery.

Original EDD Jan - Feb

No, it won't impact the delivery date. I brought a cashier's check to my car pickup - no impact to date. the app status remained with "make final payment" until then.

OK that's insane, just as I posted the reply above I got a text to schedule delivery. Done, DD 2/11 at 10:30AM.
Ours must be coming together. Just got my text too. The time slots must have been taken quickly. I tried to get a Saturday slot but it disappeared when I tried to confirm. I have a Monday slot which works for me but maybe not so much for 2nd registrant.
Anyone have a second registrant that couldn’t make it to the pickup?

Ours must be coming together. Just got my text too. The time slots must have been taken quickly. I tried to get a Saturday slot but it disappeared when I tried to confirm. I have a Monday slot which works for me but maybe not so much for 2nd registrant.
Anyone have a second registrant that couldn’t make it to the pickup?
OK that's insane, just as I posted the reply above I got a text to schedule delivery. Done, DD 2/11 at 10:30AM.

Woo hoo! I just received an e-mail to schedule my delivery date. The estimated delivery date was February 13-20, and I am picking it up 2 days earlier than their estimate, February 11 at 3:30 PM
OOD January 14
VIN received on January 31
Colorado
M3P Blue/Black
All these Colorado deliveries, where's mine???!!!

Ordered 1/17 MSM/Black, no VIN and last updated delivery date was a couple of weeks ago 2/9 to 3/9. Sigh. Patience is tough!

Reactions: hintoml
@RoboCopper @hintoml Congrats Colorado m3p soon to be owners! Definitely excited here!!!

I may have the record from order to delivery since the price drop... ordered 1/24 delivery 2/11 so what... 18 days??? I think I owe it to the other Colorado guys getting their orders in earlier... so thank you guys!

Im right behind you. Ordered last year on the 6th of June and picked up mine on the 24th...18 days as well. I was shocked yet super happy lol

Reactions: hintoml
Screenshot_20230207-130946.png

Me looking for my VIN every hour. Nope, still not in there (1/20 Blue/Black).