Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P White/Black
Indianapolis, IN
Ordered January 14th, Mid Afternoon
EDD February 14th - February 21st
VIN receive on Jan 31st
Received my "Schedule for Delivery" text Feb 8th
Scheduled to pick up on Feb 13th
Excellent. Do you have a pick up checklist that you like?

Do you plan any immediate changes?

I pick up my White/Black on the 11th. Will be replacing the chrome Tesla badge on the front with matte black, removing the rear one, replace it with matte black Tesla lettering instead and finally just remove the dual motor emblem. Also adding a swivel/tilt function for the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: hintoml
Two quick questions on insurance for those that have gone through it:

- Is there a way to get a quote from Tesla without committing to anything? After filling in your info, the app goes from "Next" to "Submit" as the action without explaining what comes next (e.g. are you actually committing to that option and submitting a binding application?)
- Can you switch to Tesla insurance later, or is it only an option at purchase?

BTW -Since we are all buying the exact same car in this thread, we might as well share some info on quotes. State Farm quoted $105 per month for 100/300/100 with a $500 deductible in Texas, which seems pretty good - certainly lower than what I've seen elsewhere.

I have a hunch that Tesla insurance is more about forcing the major companies to be competitive with rates on Tesla vehicles than is it about actually growing an insurance business. It seems to be working.

Two quick questions on insurance for those that have gone through it:

- Is there a way to get a quote from Tesla without committing to anything? After filling in your info, the app goes from "Next" to "Submit" as the action without explaining what comes next (e.g. are you actually committing to that option and submitting a binding application?)
- Can you switch to Tesla insurance later, or is it only an option at purchase?

BTW -Since we are all buying the exact same car in this thread, we might as well share some info on quotes. State Farm quoted $105 per month for 100/300/100 with a $500 deductible in Texas, which seems pretty good - certainly lower than what I've seen elsewhere.

I have a hunch that Tesla insurance is more about forcing the major companies to be competitive with rates on Tesla vehicles than is it about actually growing an insurance business. It seems to be working.
That’s a good deal compared to what I can get. AAA is about $152/month. Tesla insurance is $155/month. Every other quote is $190+. Must be Colorado.

Beautiful, first impressions? Any quality control issues for Tesla to address??
I walked away with no issues. There was a slight marring on the front left quarter panel and a not-super fit between the bumper and front left quarter panel. Nothing worth fussing about.
Side note: I used to be a quality engineer for DaimlerChrysler working on Dodge Ram trucks. So my "bar" may be a little low. 🤣

Why am I refreshing the app again? I just checked it 30 minutes ago. A watched pot never boils. There's zero chance that.... I GOT A VIN! W00t!

OD: 1/21
Original EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 16
VIN: 2/8
New EDD: Feb 20 - Feb 27
San Antonio

To celebrate, here's another rabbit hole for you to go down - all of this channel's videos are fascinating, especially the Tesla tear-downs. In this interview, Elon talks frankly about production issues. He states that there are two good times to order a Tesla: 1) At launch, when they are perfecting each and every car off the line or 2) Once production has fully ramped and they've figured out how to do it at scale - aka, right now.

Highly recommend the other videos on the channel - they'll keep you occupied between refreshes.
I just replaced my VIN #000027 Model S with a Model 3. So I agree.

Excellent. Do you have a pick up checklist that you like?

Do you plan any immediate changes?

I pick up my White/Black on the 11th. Will be replacing the chrome Tesla badge on the front with matte black, removing the rear one, replace it with matte black Tesla lettering instead and finally just remove the dual motor emblem. Also adding a swivel/tilt function for the screen.
I don't have a checklist, would love recommendations.

Same replace the badges and replace the dual motor emblems to black but keep the red stripe.

Oh my, I have a wish list of items, I am wanting a very small carbon fiber front spoiler, noting to big or crazy. Just enough to give the car a more defined look in the front.

Tint the windows and besides the protective film I think I'm done with the exterior.

Same replace the badges and replace the dual motor emblems to black but keep the red stripe.

Oh my, I have a wish list of items, I am wanting a very small carbon fiber front spoiler, noting to big or crazy. Just enough to give the car a more defined look in the front.

Tint the windows and besides the protective film I think I'm done with the exterior.
Very nice! You reminded me, need some tint on the windows and ceramic coating. I’ve read you can do the ceramic coating yourself on a new car without too much work. Older cars require a ton of prep work. I’ve seen a “gentleman’s rear diffuser and front lip somewhere. If I can find it again I’ll post a link.

I was up in the air on the dual motor emblem… I was thinking the same, matte black, keep red line. I’ve seen some folks are putting some P3D+ emblems on instead. In the end I think I’m going to just remove it.

Attachments

• Checklist V2.pdf
    586.4 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Irpilot and hintoml
Did you make the final payment before getting a delivery date? I'm hesitant to make a final payment before knowing whether I'm getting the car before the IRS take away the credit.
I put right at 25 down through the app and will be bringing 35 from the bank when I pick it up. If for some reason I am not happy with the car in person or don’t qualify for the 7500, I expect a full refund minus the 250. At least i hope haha.