Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MSM/Black as well on 1/21 (color updated 1/25) 50 miles from Fremont, CA and I have same EDD. Still no VIN but my starting date range has adjusted everyday from 2/9 to 2/15-2/23. I expect tomorrow it will say 2/16-2/23. 🙃
OD: 1/21 - M3P MSM/Black
1st EDD Feb 28 - Mar 27
2nd EDD Feb 22 - Mar 22
3rd EDD Mar 4 - March 11 (02/15)
Just received VIN (02/15)
North Carolina

Reactions: K1LLU4 and hobertg
Mine just slipped: Feb 15 to Feb 24… Ugh… not just the start date slipping but the end date slipping too… 😵‍💫
Ok that sucks! Hang in there…I keep watching all the posts and each situation feels like my own. Hoping for good news this week for all of us in your order date range. BTW, Im selling my car tomorrow (got a good deal) so I better get a VIN soon or I will be very annoying to my friends and family for weeks to come needing a ride or borrowing a car 😊. Probably shouldn’t put my faith in Tesla delivery dates.

Reactions: K1LLU4
Yes, waiting on an M3P MSM/Black. OD 1/24, EDD2: 02/19-03/05, No VIN still.
Joliet here. OD 1/25
EDD 2/21-3/21
Hopefully we get an Illinois vin wave coming soon. Trying to get a sense of the when and where gives me a headache. I feel like I'm Charlie Day from always sunny talking about the mail to my wife trying to explain all the different dates and places getting vins and not getting vins. Pretty sure I'm going to name my m3p Pepe Silvia after all this 😏.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Interesting - I am a Raleigh pick-up as well - ordered M3P white/black on 1/25, have a VIN and my EDD is Feb 24-Mar 4. When Tesla said "jump", I immediately did so (insurance, banking, etc.) and wondering if it is that or other elements that are slowing this down for you. That being said, given
some pretty high order volumes on those days, maybe just one day can have that impact?

So update. Received Vin and update EDD

Raleigh, NC
M3P White/White
OD 1/26 pm
1st EDD: Jan - Feb
2nd EDD: Feb 27 - Mar 31
3rd EDD: Mar 01 - Mar 29
4th EDD: Feb 20 - Feb 27
Vin Received 2/15

I’m very excited!! However, trying to finish some other financing so need to pick up in first half of March. Does anyone know how long you can delay pick up?

I know crazy, but want to get all my ducks in the right order. 😃

some pretty high order volumes on those days, maybe just one day can have that impact?

So update. Received Vin and update EDD

Raleigh, NC
M3P White/White
OD 1/26 pm
2nd EDD: Feb 27 - Mar 31
3rd EDD: Mar 01 - Mar 29
4th EDD: Feb 20 - Feb 27
Vin Received 2/15

I’m very excited!! However, trying to finish some other financing so need to pick up in first half of March. Does anyone know how long you can delay pick up?

I know crazy, but want to get all my ducks in the right order. 😃
Wow - what a rollercoaster. Glad to hear you have now moved to Feb 20-27. Mine remains Feb 24 - Mar 4 so I expect to get an update zeroing in on your date range soon.

I think I read that you officially have a 3 day window but then I have also heard there can be flexibility beyond that for special cases.

Joliet here. OD 1/25
EDD 2/21-3/21
Hopefully we get an Illinois vin wave coming soon. Trying to get a sense of the when and where gives me a headache. I feel like I'm Charlie Day from always sunny talking about the mail to my wife trying to explain all the different dates and places getting vins and not getting vins. Pretty sure I'm going to name my m3p Pepe Silvia after all this 😏.View attachment 907745
Just be grateful you waited until this year to order. I ordered a LR last March and took delivery end of June only after I switched my order to P. Worth the wait! What location you picking up from? I took delivery at the Lisle location, had no issues.

Updated EDD today, getting closer!

Boca Raton, FL
M3P MSM/Black
OD 1/25 pm
2nd EDD: Feb 26 - March 31 (changed on 1/31)
3rd EDD: Feb 22 - March 22 (changed on 2/14)
Awaiting VIN
VIN assigned!

Boca Raton, FL
M3P MSM/Black
OD 1/25 pm
2nd EDD: Feb 26 - March 31 (changed on 1/31)
3rd EDD: Feb 22 - March 22 (changed on 2/14)
4rd EDD: March 2 - March 9 (changed on 2/16)
VIN assigned 2/16 (20 days after order)

M3P MSM/Black
OD 2/1 from inventory
1st EDD: 2/14 - 2/20
2nd EDD: 2/11 - 2/20
3rd EDD: 2/15 - 2/21 (changed on evening of 2/11)
Delivery Appt: 2/17 (received text to set appt on 2/12 am).

Hopefully, I get a text offering an earlier pickup this week.
I am furious at Tesla. Delivery date was scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30p. I had previously uploaded my insurance card which has my other vehicles listed. In Texas, I have 30 days to add a new car to my policy. I was going to add the Tesla effective the day of my delivery day which I had previously been told by text that I could do. I didn't want to pay for insurance for something I didn't have. Today, I get a text stating the "it's almost delivery day" reminding me of delivery tomorrow. 10 minutes later, I get a text stating that my delivery date had to be rescheduled because they didn't have proof of insurance. I explained (via text, you can't talk to a human apparently), that I was going to have that in place before delivery. I then get another text that "it is time to schedule delivery" and when I click on the link, but says no delivery dates are available. I then call my insurance company to get the new insurance cards which I upload to the app with Tesla, and I text back informing them of the new upload and asking if I can still take delivery tomorrow. The reply is that "we can try, however since your temp tags were requested just now, they may not be complete until around 5 - 6pm tomorrow." So what the f**k does that mean?

It is clear they just "picked up my file" this morning for tomorrow's delivery and saw the insurance "issue." Within 30 mins of their text, I had an insurance card with the Tesla VIN submitted, and now the delivery may not happen at all tomorrow at all?? Ridiculous. You would think one would have a little better customer service when buying a $55k car.

Is there a way to speak to a human? I asked for a phone call via text and just got further responses. Is there a way to call a local Tesla location directly without getting routed to idiots in California?

Reactions: K1LLU4