Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am furious at Tesla. Delivery date was scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30p. I had previously uploaded my insurance card which has my other vehicles listed. In Texas, I have 30 days to add a new car to my policy. I was going to add the Tesla effective the day of my delivery day which I had previously been told by text that I could do. I didn't want to pay for insurance for something I didn't have. Today, I get a text stating the "it's almost delivery day" reminding me of delivery tomorrow. 10 minutes later, I get a text stating that my delivery date had to be rescheduled because they didn't have proof of insurance. I explained (via text, you can't talk to a human apparently), that I was going to have that in place before delivery. I then get another text that "it is time to schedule delivery" and when I click on the link, but says no delivery dates are available. I then call my insurance company to get the new insurance cards which I upload to the app with Tesla, and I text back informing them of the new upload and asking if I can still take delivery tomorrow. The reply is that "we can try, however since your temp tags were requested just now, they may not be complete until around 5 - 6pm tomorrow." So what the f**k does that mean?

It is clear they just "picked up my file" this morning for tomorrow's delivery and saw the insurance "issue." Within 30 mins of their text, I had an insurance card with the Tesla VIN submitted, and now the delivery may not happen at all tomorrow at all?? Ridiculous. You would think one would have a little better customer service when buying a $55k car.

Is there a way to speak to a human? I asked for a phone call via text and just got further responses. Is there a way to call a local Tesla location directly without getting routed to idiots in California?
Call the place you’re picking it up at.

Nice, fellow Vacaville.

Waiting for mine to adjust since my EDD is 02/16 - 03/02. Or a VIN would be nice haha. We shall see.
Thats crazy to be in the two week EDD and no VIN…I will be in the same spot this weekend so I am watching yours closely. Keep us posted when you get an update (VIN, new EDD or both!). Still hoping to take delivery before March 1 for tax credit.

Reactions: K1LLU4
Is that even possible? When I call the local number, I get routed to a main number where nothing is possible.
Should be possible. I guess there’s no guarantee they’re going to answer though. When I picked my car up they told me the number that texted the updates was from the local service center I was picking up at and I could text them back at that number if I wanted to check on the mobile connector order which I later did and they took care of it.

Should be possible. I guess there’s no guarantee they’re going to answer though. When I picked my car up they told me the number that texted the updates was from the local service center I was picking up at and I could text them back at that number if I wanted to check on the mobile connector order which I later did and they took care of it.
10-4. I have no idea where the mysterious person I text with is located. My delivery date is now showing as tomorrow at 5pm instead of the previously scheduled 1230pm. I may show up at 1230pm and demand that they deliver my car then and there. This whole thing is making me think of the "No Soup for You" Seinfeld episode. Lol.

10-4. I have no idea where the mysterious person I text with is located. My delivery date is now showing as tomorrow at 5pm instead of the previously scheduled 1230pm. I may show up at 1230pm and demand that they deliver my car then and there. This whole thing is making me think of the "No Soup for You" Seinfeld episode. Lol.
Haha, you’re really close though, hang in there. I also saw some comments about people who got called few hours earlier than the apt letting them know it was ready early. I would think they’d want to get it to as early as possible so they can get out of there on a Friday afternoon.

I am furious at Tesla. Delivery date was scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30p. I had previously uploaded my insurance card which has my other vehicles listed. In Texas, I have 30 days to add a new car to my policy. I was going to add the Tesla effective the day of my delivery day which I had previously been told by text that I could do. I didn't want to pay for insurance for something I didn't have. Today, I get a text stating the "it's almost delivery day" reminding me of delivery tomorrow. 10 minutes later, I get a text stating that my delivery date had to be rescheduled because they didn't have proof of insurance. I explained (via text, you can't talk to a human apparently), that I was going to have that in place before delivery. I then get another text that "it is time to schedule delivery" and when I click on the link, but says no delivery dates are available. I then call my insurance company to get the new insurance cards which I upload to the app with Tesla, and I text back informing them of the new upload and asking if I can still take delivery tomorrow. The reply is that "we can try, however since your temp tags were requested just now, they may not be complete until around 5 - 6pm tomorrow." So what the f**k does that mean?

It is clear they just "picked up my file" this morning for tomorrow's delivery and saw the insurance "issue." Within 30 mins of their text, I had an insurance card with the Tesla VIN submitted, and now the delivery may not happen at all tomorrow at all?? Ridiculous. You would think one would have a little better customer service when buying a $55k car.

Is there a way to speak to a human? I asked for a phone call via text and just got further responses. Is there a way to call a local Tesla location directly without getting routed to idiots in California?
If I am being completely honest with you, I'd just count my blessings and pick it up later in the day. They're just pushing the time back so at least it's on the same day. You gotta understand that a flood or orders are coming in so you gotta take what you can at this point. Good luck

sorry, i think this is the way it always is w/ their business model. you have to pay for an extra day or insurance. take it or leave it. no need to talk to anyone, just suck it up and pay it. sorry.

Thats crazy to be in the two week EDD and no VIN…I will be in the same spot this weekend so I am watching yours closely. Keep us posted when you get an update (VIN, new EDD or both!). Still hoping to take delivery before March 1 for tax credit.
I’ve been in the two week EDD for a week now and still no VIN. They just keep adjusting my EDD range. It started at 2/9-2/23 and everyday adjusted as each day passed, today we are at 2/16-2/25 😭

If I am being completely honest with you, I'd just count my blessings and pick it up later in the day. They're just pushing the time back so at least it's on the same day. You gotta understand that a flood or orders are coming in so you gotta take what you can at this point. Good luck
Yeah, my initial post was made when my appointment had been straight up canceled. I can live with a few hours delay. Now, if it gets pushed to Saturday or next week, innocent people may get hurt. Lol.