Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla being dumb…in Texas.

I have had my current insurance uploaded for the last month. Today I get a text to update it to show the car. Delivery set for this Tuesday. I call my insurance. They will only provide a “binder” that has all the info they need vin and whatnot…so uploaded that. Get a text that they want the official Texas liability card..I can’t get that from my insurance until the day I get the car. AAA insurance says binder is all they give.
Dead air from Tesla text…
Guess I can’t get a car from y’all?? Oh well!

OD: 2/2 after midnight - W/B
ATL, GA
EDD: Feb - March
Current EDD: March 2 - March 30 (typo from last post)
Did receive the 1-2wk VIN text.
No EDD change, No VIN

I wonder if this is due to the Fremont retooling and the people that got texts are when production resumes. Interesting, the timing of it along with investor day.

Man reading some people's updates who ordered a whole week after me having updating EDDs, getting VINs, and also on the Eastern side of the states is kind of depressing haha.

Still no update. Still no VIN. EDD has never budged from the original 3/2 -3/30 this whole month to date.
😒

There actually is an option to extend the lease FYI.

I already did that extension. March 22nd is the end of the 6 month extension.

I did contact Tesla and they said they would work with me on a one month extension if the new one doesn’t come in time.

Reactions: evroro
Ordered 1-16 (blue/black M3P Austin, TX)
Original Jan-16 EDD Jan-Feb
Jan-18 EDD changed to Feb 3-Mar 3
Feb-4 EDD changed to Feb 13-Feb 27
Feb-7 received VIN and EDD changed to Feb 19-Feb 26
Feb 15 scheduled pickup appt for Feb 24 (first available date)

IMG_1029.JPG

39 days from order to delivery (today), and very happy with it.
I expected some rattles, road noise, and wind noise after renting a 2019 M3P for a week that had those noises, but this thing is silent.

I nearly gave up but just received both VIN and delivery texts!! I’m picking her up Thursday at 6pm!!! There is hope!!

OD 1/21 white/black
OD 1/24 Color changed to MSM/black
EDD: Jan - Feb
EDD updated: Feb 3- March 3
EDD updated: Feb 9 - Feb 23
EDD updated everyday and changed to Feb 22 - March 2nd early this morning.
VIN: 2/21/23!!
Delivery Date: 2/23/23!!
Near Tracy, CA
There was a day delay, but she’s home!! Meet Wattson!! 🥰

Attachments

• AFFE8045-3A0A-448A-A6A6-338BDCC3CB34.jpeg
    AFFE8045-3A0A-448A-A6A6-338BDCC3CB34.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 89
"I'm screwed" is a reference to my situation, as in not having a car.

Although it is entirely their fault. I told them to unlock my order on 1/23 and they didn’t. I could also miss out on part of the tax rebate because of this if the IRS decides to change the rules Next week.
extend your lease by a few days. don't use a car. use another car. i don't see this as "screwed"

Oh no!! Do you have all your tasks done? I thought you’d luckily get it by now ☹️
Yeap, first 3 tasks all done on 1/20.
Registration tab - completed.
Trade in tab - completed (no trade)
Financing tab - completed (Tesla Financing/Wells Fargo Approved)
The 4th tab is schedule - check back later…

Think of going to the Tesla Boutique/Showroom in Palo Alto tomorrow and see if someone there can shed some light.... not sure if it will do any good though.....

Ordered Red/white on 2/17.
Says February - March.
Didn’t do the finance tab cause it says it expires in 60 days.
They don’t hold you up if you haven’t completed the finance tab do they?
No it doesn’t hold anything up. I selected that I was paying cash and then just switched it yesterday since I am much closer now. Same thing with insurance, I’m holding off until I have an actual delivery date.

I have had my current insurance uploaded for the last month. Today I get a text to update it to show the car. Delivery set for this Tuesday. I call my insurance. They will only provide a “binder” that has all the info they need vin and whatnot…so uploaded that. Get a text that they want the official Texas liability card..I can’t get that from my insurance until the day I get the car. AAA insurance says binder is all they give.
They need an active insurance plan for the Tesla. If you can only get a binder and not an insurance card, then the Tesla is not active on your insurance, I'm guessing until Tuesday. Change the start date to today and you'll be able to print and send in your id card. Wait and they'll chance your delivery date. They're not being dumb. It's the same requirement for every car they sell.

Awwwwww yeahhhh.. Picked it up on Thursday. I was stressed about searching for flaws - brought the three page checklist with me - everything looked good. Some panel gaps are not as uniform as they could be, but nothing glaring IMHO - and not sure it's worth fussing over.

My only problem now is that I can't stop mashing the accelerator at every stop light no matter how hard I try. Is there a limit to how often you should do this per week? If so, is there a program for people addicted to g-forces that I can join?

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

Awwwwww yeahhhh.. Picked it up on Thursday. I was stressed about searching for flaws - brought the three page checklist with me - everything looked good. Some panel gaps are not as uniform as they could be, but nothing glaring IMHO - and not sure it's worth fussing over.

My only problem now is that I can't stop mashing the accelerator at every stop light no matter how hard I try. Is there a limit to how often you should do this per week? If so, is there a program for people addicted to g-forces that I can join?

View attachment 911126

View attachment 911128
I push the skinny pedal as hard and quickly as possible at every light. You shouldn't have any issues. Enjoy the car!

Reactions: K1LLU4

If your delivery has the VIN number assigned, just tell AAA the VIN and start paying for the insurance. For all of my cars, I ended up paying a couple of days of insurance prior to getting the car. No issues.

I made it work by telling them I was getting the car today. In Texas you are covered for 30 days even if you forgot to add your new car so it’s not something Texas needs. Bought many cars…never an issue.
Insurance does not want to insure a car you don’t have in your possession, hence the binder.

Yeap, first 3 tasks all done on 1/20.
Registration tab - completed.
Trade in tab - completed (no trade)
Financing tab - completed (Tesla Financing/Wells Fargo Approved)
The 4th tab is schedule - check back later…

Think of going to the Tesla Boutique/Showroom in Palo Alto tomorrow and see if someone there can shed some light.... not sure if it will do any good though.....
Went to the Tesla Showroom/Boutique/Service Center at Palo Alto today (Sat) - nothing really changed. The rep looked at my account and basically repeat what the app is telling me - 2/26 to 3/12. He did confirm all my tasks (Registration/Trade/Finance) are completed and there is nothing holding it up - so nothing new as well. He did tell me I am assigned to the Sunnyvale location for delivery - something the app is not showing.

So I guess it's a visit that didn't go completely shhhiiittt... LOL

Reactions: K1LLU4