Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well I attmepted what you did, got the canned email back that Current ETA is all they can provide
I texted one of the Colorado Tesla Reps today, I ordered 2/6. This is what they wrote me, "We hope to have the vehicle here before then, however, we have not received a confident ETA yet from our logistics team. Once we have a confident date, you will be prompted to schedule a pickup from your app". I'm hoping to take ownership before the 26th as I'm leaving for vacation for 1 week and I would hate to miss out on the rebate because of being in DisneyWorld at the time.

Reactions: corsi1
I texted one of the Colorado Tesla Reps today, I ordered 2/6. This is what they wrote me, "We hope to have the vehicle here before then, however, we have not received a confident ETA yet from our logistics team. Once we have a confident date, you will be prompted to schedule a pickup from your app". I'm hoping to take ownership before the 26th as I'm leaving for vacation for 1 week and I would hate to miss out on the rebate because of being in DisneyWorld at the time.
By the way, my EDD has been showing 3/17 - 3/23.

Thanks for this. My rep has been unhelpful on providing any info. You placed your order a few days before I did. My ED is still showing 3/17-3/24 so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for us CO people.

Do you have to take delivery or does making the payments and setting up the loan or payment cove the IRS code?

Do you have to take delivery or does making the payments and setting up the loan or payment cove the IRS code?
I remember filling out the IRS 8936 form a few years back for my wife, and you have to enter the date that the car was placed "in service". If I am not mistaken, that means the date you take delivery. Don't forget to fill out the form when you do your 2023 taxes.

Reactions: nickg_6 and corsi1
Thank you @Katners!

I guess Tesla don’t like us that live too close to them - LOL
EDD just slipped to 3/5 to 3/14 this morning.. 😵‍💫

And the first available PPF appointment I can get is 5/1… lots of Tesla owners on the Peninsula getting PPF
I really am losing patience…. received the 1-2 weeks VIN assignment text on 2/28.
It’s been 2 weeks but still no VIN.. and EDD range has remained 9 days (yesterday was 3/14 to 3/23, today becomes 3/15 to 3/24). I am sure it will go to 3/16 to 3/25 tomorrow
Is it really that hard to get a MSM M3P in the SF Bay Area? It was ordered on 1/17… SMH

I really am losing patience…. received the 1-2 weeks VIN assignment text on 2/28.
It’s been 2 weeks but still no VIN.. and EDD range has remained 9 days (yesterday was 3/14 to 3/23, today becomes 3/15 to 3/24). I am sure it will go to 3/16 to 3/25 tomorrow
Is it really that hard to get a MSM M3P in the SF Bay Area? It was ordered on 1/17… SMH
Fremont local. Ordered 3/1 and March EDD. I imagine they're trying to get all distance orders delivered before local orders - maximize deliveries before Q1 closes. Makes sense to get as many orders on trucks as possible IF they can be delivered. I'm speculating that, after a threshold is reached whereby they estimate they cannot deliver distance orders by Q1, they'll crank out all the locals who can just drive down to the factory and pick up ASAP. I feel your pain - even though I've only been waiting for 15 days!

My problem is that a few configs that matched showed up last week and early this week. Due to my distance from fremont have to surmise those were from canceled orders long ago due to distance (im in dc). Still awaiting the schedule delivery message. Tomorrow will be exactly one week from start of window

Fremont local. Ordered 3/1 and March EDD. I imagine they're trying to get all distance orders delivered before local orders - maximize deliveries before Q1 closes. Makes sense to get as many orders on trucks as possible IF they can be delivered. I'm speculating that, after a threshold is reached whereby they estimate they cannot deliver distance orders by Q1, they'll crank out all the locals who can just drive down to the factory and pick up ASAP. I feel your pain - even though I've only been waiting for 15 days!
Wait for Tesla shows 25 M3P in the US, with 4 MSM/Black (identical to what I ordered) in Raleigh NC, Roswell GA, Honolulu HI, and Maplewood MN. There are 4 MSM/White too - Mesa AZ, Lyndhurst OH, Maplewood MN, and Burbank CA. Out of the 25 there is only 1 in CA!

I think you are right!

Wait for Tesla shows 25 M3P in the US, with 4 MSM/Black (identical to what I ordered) in Raleigh NC, Roswell GA, Honolulu HI, and Maplewood MN. There are 4 MSM/White too - Mesa AZ, Lyndhurst OH, Maplewood MN, and Burbank CA. Out of the 25 there is only 1 in CA!

I think you are right!

I want to believe too! LOL I ordered blue/black on 2/14 and no VIN yet. The EDD has just been a rolling window for the past week and time Is running out for the full fed tax credit.