Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has got to be the worst buying experience I've ever had, ordered 2/6, when I finally got my delivery date it was for March 27th and I was going to be out of town and they wouldn't hold the car for me for a few days past delivery day which lead to them putting my order on hold and I lost that car and now my new situation.

There was a red performance at my local tesla yesterday so I went and looked at it, decided to ask if I could take delivery of it well the rep comes back out a few minutes later and tells me he messed up, they cancelled my other order instead of moving the red car over to my order so I needed to complete all the items in the app again as well as pay another $250 order fee. Then I find out my loan application would have to be started all over again, but the rates have went up, and tesla already took $15,000 down-payment from me because of the other car I was going to get. I'm trying to fight doing this all over again and it feels like I'm going nowhere. I pick up on Monday but their finance team is trying to fix my account and were telling me this morning they will try to get it resolved by Monday.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rodney!
Since Tesla reduced prices, I went in and changed my configuration from white to red (with black interior). I’m still waiting on a VIN, and now, my local Tesla has my original configuration available, new, and as much as I want red, I’m tempted to pick that up instead b/c I’m impatient 🤦🏼‍♂️

Since Tesla reduced prices, I went in and changed my configuration from white to red (with black interior). I’m still waiting on a VIN, and now, my local Tesla has my original configuration available, new, and as much as I want red, I’m tempted to pick that up instead b/c I’m impatient 🤦🏼‍♂️
Same here, I suspect a lot of people did that. My EDD hasn't changed yet, despite being past the start date. Resist the temptation, it will be worth it :)

Reactions: SSM04DC5
This has got to be the worst buying experience I've ever had, ordered 2/6, when I finally got my delivery date it was for March 27th and I was going to be out of town and they wouldn't hold the car for me for a few days past delivery day which lead to them putting my order on hold and I lost that car and now my new situation.

There was a red performance at my local tesla yesterday so I went and looked at it, decided to ask if I could take delivery of it well the rep comes back out a few minutes later and tells me he messed up, they cancelled my other order instead of moving the red car over to my order so I needed to complete all the items in the app again as well as pay another $250 order fee. Then I find out my loan application would have to be started all over again, but the rates have went up, and tesla already took $15,000 down-payment from me because of the other car I was going to get. I'm trying to fight doing this all over again and it feels like I'm going nowhere. I pick up on Monday but their finance team is trying to fix my account and were telling me this morning they will try to get it resolved by Monday.
Damn that is ass…I hope they fixed it. My friend picked his up last Friday and I must say he had no issues.

You are really on it with the available inventory. I called this morning because my first choice is blue but they told me that even though it is showing as available in inventory in Hawaii, it is still in transit and not estimated to arrive until April 5th. Sticking with my March 29 delivery date of the MSM but will keep my eyes peeled to see if anything changes so I can switch to a blue. Thanks and hope you and everyone else are enjoying their new Teslas.
Forgot to post but picked up my MSM/Black M3P last Wednesday, April 5. The night before they announced the price drop! Tried to see if I would be eligible for it but I think we all know what Tesla said. The car was pretty much flawless except one of the speakers makes a crackling noise whenever I go over a bump. The sales associate notified me of it when I picked up the car and submitted a ticket for it before I left. The car is an absolute blast to drive!

OD 3/5
M3P stock, color MSM interior Black.
Mass
VIN 3/27
Delivery 4/11

Just an update, I’m graduating from this thread!

Took delivery after work, delivery crew was helpful and professional.

Went through checklist listed below, and as far as I can tell, the car is spot on. No gaps that cause gasps, everything works lovely so far.

Took it on a (quite) spirited test run—it’s as amazing as you’re all waiting for.

Nice and quiet, no weird noises or alignment issues even up to _____speeds.

Biggest issue so far (hope I stay this lucky) is having almost everyone give me sh!t about Elon/Tesla. Can’t believe the extent EM is managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory from a reputation/PR standpoint.

The car is gorgeous and I’m so excited for a bunch of reasons.

Hope to see you all in the rest of the forums, and I wish you all speedy deliveries and hopefully at least some fun with the anticipation in the meantime.

OD 3/5
Mass
VIN 3/27
Delivery 4/11

Went through checklist listed below, and as far as I can tell, the car is spot on. No gaps that cause gasps, everything works lovely so far.

Took it on a (quite) spirited test run—it’s as amazing as you’re all waiting for.

Biggest issue so far (hope I stay this lucky) is having almost everyone give me sh!t about Elon/Tesla. Can’t believe the extent EM is managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory from a reputation/PR standpoint.

Hope to see you all in the rest of the forums, and I wish you all speedy deliveries and hopefully at least some fun with the anticipation in the meantime.
Congrats!

Reactions: excelsior13
OD 3/5
Mass
VIN 3/27
Delivery 4/11

congrats. I get the same I think it steals some of the thunder for Tesla itself. I know he is an industry disruptor but you know the other manufacturers have been making billions on their cars for 100 years :)