Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Pick up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up the car yesterday... I got a call and said I could go one day earlier to pick up.

Check in staff was helpful and proactive. But they didn't seem to know I was coming in. They had to find my car. It wasn't even half charged and not as clean as I thought. Plus the car was locked out, so I couldn't connect with my phone. So, if you are scheduled for a pick up on a certain date... Maybe not a good idea to switch at the last moment.

They have checklists on the internet to use. You don't need it. Just go in fully expecting to inspect everything. I found a popped up tail light, a rattle in the left door, and lose plastic bolt on the wheel base. I waited three hours, I think I was the last to leave the check in place. But everything was fixed. I think they said they took about the door, didn't find anything, reassembled it, and the sound was gone. The rear light panel, was fixed. So I left after three hours, but no need to schedule servicing.

Maybe impact of Covid, more staff would be better. You need the full hour for pick up. Best not to bring people who can't take the heat or wait (not that much air cond there). Be fair minded when inspecting. Be polite. You will get lots of people apologizing to you. But hey's its no their fault. U buy a tesla, u know what you are getting into. But, luckily, after 3 hours, problems were resolved. Oh...don't expect a detailed walk through about how to use your car... Use Youtube la... Overall, it was sort of a fun experience.

Attachments

• light panel.jpg
    light panel.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 64