Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$4859 Price Adjustment or Free Unlimited Super

Price Adjustment vs FUSC

• Price Adjustment

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • FUSC

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not thinking but the fact. I double check with my multiple delivery advisors. Basically you lost all the rights if you want FUSC.

That's unfortunate. I don't believe that's their policy but I do believe that a human might have told you that even if it isn't true. Honestly, if it were me and Tesla pulled that crap, I'd just cancel the deal and walk away from it. This was all stated verbally and not communicated to you through the app????

Assuming that if you just cancel the order that FUSC stays with your original Tesla? If not, then I think I've figure out how Tesla can just make FUSC disappear in what appears to be an awesome bait and switch.

That's unfortunate. I don't believe that's their policy but I do believe that a human might have told you that even if it isn't true. Honestly, if it were me and Tesla pulled that crap, I'd just cancel the deal and walk away from it. This was all stated verbally and not communicated to you through the app????

Assuming that if you just cancel the order that FUSC stays with your original Tesla? If not, then I think I've figure out how Tesla can just make FUSC disappear in what appears to be an awesome bait and switch.

If you reject the new vehicle you lose fusc on both. It’s very clearly outlined in the documents.

If you reject the new vehicle you lose fusc on both. It’s very clearly outlined in the documents.

So this is a huge crap shoot. I rejected my first MXP because it had a bumper defect that prevents the bumper from attaching entirely on the left rear. Rows of model Xs all had this defect on the day I went to pick it up. The DS told me that if I couldn't live with it that I should reject it because they would not replace the bumper after delivery and they wanted me to sign and accept it forever or reject it until they could deliver me an MXP without the issue. Obviously I rejected it.

You said outline clearly in documents? Which documents? Ones specifically related to the FUSC transfer? i.e can you provide a link or is this something that only FUSC transfer customers see in their account?

So this is a huge crap shoot. I rejected my first MXP because it had a bumper defect that prevents the bumper from attaching entirely on the left rear. Rows of model Xs all had this defect on the day I went to pick it up. The DS told me that if I couldn't live with it that I should reject it because they would not replace the bumper after delivery and they wanted me to sign and accept it forever or reject it until they could deliver me an MXP without the issue. Obviously I rejected it.

You said outline clearly in documents? Which documents? Ones specifically related to the FUSC transfer? i.e can you provide a link or is this something that only FUSC transfer customers see in their account?

In typical Tesla fashion, hah! Apparently they extended the delivery window to vehicles received in 2024, if no 2023s were available.

Here's the document Tesla sent for FUSC transfer, though I've heard that it was moved in-app? You have to sign the document prior to accepting delivery, when you own the vehicle. Since the form took time to process you had to send it in before your delivery otherwise you risked missing the delivery date OR not having FUSC removed prior to accepting delivery.

246172a13d9c6679c752d134b47dbf12.png

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
To the OP, did you already accept the vehicle in the app prior to it being damaged? Have you currently accepted the vehicle in the app at the time of your initial post in this thread? If not, then cancel and walk away and keep your FUSC.

If you accepted it prior to the damage occurring in the app, then any money they offer you in compensation is not a discount. Period. If they insist, then reject the offer, contact your insurance company, and pursue a DV claim against Tesla.

Oh, and don't forget to send your written notice into Tesla within 30 days opting out of binding arbitration.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhanson865
Guys, thank you for everyone’s comments. I’d like to give you an update. I am supposed to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. The delivery advisor just called me and said they found another damage on the tailgate. Again!! And the car is heading to the body shop Again!

I am 100% sure there wasn’t any damage on the tailgate. Then I asked if it's a new damage you guys made or if the body shop made it during the repair. He says he can’t confirm that.

I became a little mad and requested to reject the VIN and still let me do the FUSC transfer to a new vin. He said he will request approval from headquarters and get back to me in a few days. I am very disappointed and frustrated at this point. I hope he can get the approval and just let me not deal with this car anymore.

I'm still suspicious that their documents only refer to the new charging as "Free supercharging" and all the old charging as "Free UNLIMITED supercharging" which is a distinct difference.

That makes me think they are taking away the unlimited, and now you will have a certain amount of free charging - then you pay.

I don't trust Elon as far as I could throw him.

I'm still suspicious that their documents only refer to the new charging as "Free supercharging" and all the old charging as "Free UNLIMITED supercharging" which is a distinct difference.

That makes me think they are taking away the unlimited, and now you will have a certain amount of free charging - then you pay.

It's now limited to the agreement that can be unilaterally changed by Tesla without advanced notice.

• Disagree
Reactions: geordi

It's limited to one owner. That's the known difference. If it gets transferred, they convert it from the SC01 code, which continually transfers to all future owners, into a different code, I think it's SC04? That one exists only for that current owner and doesn't transfer ever again to anyone else. So there's the limit.

Reactions: dhanson865

The SC agreement states reasonable use, where the SC01 did not.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
The SC agreement states reasonable use, where the SC01 did not.
I haven't seen that in the posted documents... BUT that fits with my suspicions - they are looking for something (even SC05 for the current owner) that they have the ability to take away at any time. They could theoretically do that with SC01 as well, but then there would probably be legal repercussions if you could ever find anyone at the company to respond to a complaint / lawsuit.

I've seen where people with existing SC05 can transfer that to a new car, and that's all great for them. It still seems like the SC01 in the classic cars is the gold standard, and the company REALLY wants to get those off the road as quick as they can. Undefined "reasonable limits" and similar weasel words are exactly as dangerous to the customer as you think they are.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H