Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 portable charging cable for New Zealand.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky you. Sure wish the CCS standard was available in the U.S. Tesla is in the process of opening its Super Chargers up to non-Tesla cars, a good thing. Unfortunately, there's no CCS converter available in the States for Teslas, yet. ;)
Thats right, but there are some North American Tesla owners buying the Tesla CCS1 adapter through Korea. N.B. Some earlier Model 3 require a small wiring upgrade for the CCS1 adapter to work, I assume that Tesla are putting off making the CCS1 adapter available in NA until they can develop a process to identify and upgrade earlier cars when an adapter is purchased.

Can any Kiwi please tell me what sort of cable do i need to use a Vector free chargers,thanks
if they are one of those without cable, you can buy and keep one of these in car...

however, in NZ there is always a cable available at charger.

Thats right, but there are some North American Tesla owners buying the Tesla CCS1 adapter through Korea. N.B. Some earlier Model 3 require a small wiring upgrade for the CCS1 adapter to work, I assume that Tesla are putting off making the CCS1 adapter available in NA until they can develop a process to identify and upgrade earlier cars when an adapter is purchased.

Can any Kiwi please tell me what sort of cable do i need to use a Vector free chargers,thanks
AC chargers, Male to Female Mennekes (Type 2)
Some AC charges are BYO cable, some have cable attached
plugshare should indicate if the AC charger is BYO cable or not and the plug type
DC chargers are CCS2, DC charges have the cable attached

ac-dc-charging.jpg

New, the type 2 cable is pretty expensive, you have to do a lot of free charging
at AC BYO cable charges to get any sort of payback.
Debatable if it's worth it, more AC charges have the cable attached these days
It does give piece of mind having if your traveling to a unfamiliar location
J1772 to Type 2 adapter and your pretty much covered for most scenarios