Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 preorder count

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they would post a counter on top of the website similar to how they showed it on the big screen after the reveal event.

Here's the plan...

tesla-production-model-3-plan_large.png

Reactions: MP3Mike
There could be a reason to reserve now and not expect to get a car for several years.
If you reserve now, presumably you lock in the price. It would be totally unfair to up the price before even giving someone who reserved very early an opportunity to buy one. So someone who is financially not in a position to buy now but can come up with the deposit, has plenty of time to save up and not worry about increases in the interim.

I think that could open the door to a couple hundred thousand more reservations. The numbers are not going to slow down and Elon will have sufficient deposits to use some of that to fund whatever is necessary to realize his revolution.

The numbers will tell the story that the media can only ignore for so long. It won't be long before the shorts are silenced.

I'm guessing that 60K batch of Model 3s projected for 2018 will largely go to the ones who reserved in-store on March 31, 2016. And even then some of us line campers won't see our 3s until 2019, if that timeline is accurate.

He did say that they could produce 500,000 cars/ year. I wonder how many MS's & MX's they will continue to produce during this time?
I heard that too, the wording was unintentionally misleading. He was stating that 500,000 cars per year have been produced at the NUMMI plant in the past - when other auto manufacturers owned it - and there is no reason to believe that Tesla can not do the same.

Most likely. I'll bet they try and get to 100k in the first year of production though. Try and spend 40-50k and your chances of getting into the first year production cue will rise dramatically. I'll bet that they only invite 120k to configure in the first year....

Battery cell production could be a gating factor as much as the rest of the car. We can ponder what needs to be done to get Fremont up to snuff, but don't forget the massive amount of cells they will need for all those cars.

Reactions: FreeOfPge