Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 problem already???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very disappointed and frustrated. Wonder if anyone has had a similar experience with the M3.... Picked up the car on Wed Jan 3rd late afternoon from Marina Del Rey. I dropped off to the detailing shop next morning for various detailing services for 3 days. Picked up the car this afternoon and drove home. All of the sudden the car started shaking violently for about 10 seconds and whole bunch of warning lights came on repeatedly. Lots of various systems were disabled such as emergency braking, tire pressure, steering, car needs service etc..... The car was still somewhat driveable but very sluggish especially steering wheel was getting hard. Since I was almost home so I've decided to make it home and I did. I reported to the support hotline and voice my frustration. Anyway I couldn't believe what I've just encountered for a brand new car. I've only put in around 20 miles into the car and it broke down that fast. I've bought a Model S less than 2 years ago and I haven't had any major issues like what I've experienced with the M3. I understand these problems will be addressed but my confidence level is very low not knowing what's next??? I felt my voice needs to be heard by Tesla senior management and Mr. Elon.

Very disappointed and frustrated. Wonder if anyone has had a similar experience with the M3.... Picked up the car on Wed Jan 3rd late afternoon from Marina Del Rey. I dropped off to the detailing shop next morning for various detailing services for 3 days. Picked up the car this afternoon and drove home. All of the sudden the car started shaking violently for about 10 seconds and whole bunch of warning lights came on repeatedly. Lots of various systems were disabled such as emergency braking, tire pressure, steering, car needs service etc..... The car was still somewhat driveable but very sluggish especially steering wheel was getting hard. Since I was almost home so I've decided to make it home and I did. I reported to the support hotline and voice my frustration. Anyway I couldn't believe what I've just encountered for a brand new car. I've only put in around 20 miles into the car and it broke down that fast. I've bought a Model S less than 2 years ago and I haven't had any major issues like what I've experienced with the M3. I understand these problems will be addressed but my confidence level is very low not knowing what's next??? I felt my voice needs to be heard by Tesla senior management and Mr. Elon.

First post ever and it’s one long paragraph full of grammatical errors, all about how your car is self-destructing? Color me skeptical.

If you’re for real though, why don’t you go to your Tesla account online and use the Contact the Executive Team tool to speak with Mr. Elon.

Did you try doing a full reset? Thinking at some previous threads regarding unexpected behaviour with MS or MX,
one possibility could be that the 12 V battery might be the origin of the problem, or something of that nature.

You’re right, we should give keef, I mean qwerty the benefit of the doubt.
If you think someone is a troll, report the post. Administration can check the IP address and see if things match up.

We're going to see a lot of new Model 3 owners come on this forum for the first time when they have a problem.

Thank you. Already made appt at the Torrance service center.
Great.

For what it's worth, my sister is a new Model 3 owner & is also in Redondo. We drove it down from Fremont right after Christmas - she absolutely loves it and has had zero problems.

We stopped by the Torrance service center to order a couple adapters for her. They noticed a small fingerprint on the headliner that we hadn't noticed & cleaned it on the spot. I'm sure they'll take good care of you.

If you think someone is a troll, report the post. Administration can check the IP address and see if things match up.

We're going to see a lot of new Model 3 owners come on this forum for the first time when they have a problem.

There will most likely be a bunch of regular trollers here, if there hasn't been already. (not impugning the OP, sorry about his/her problems). I read the chevy volt forums (and facebook group) regularly, having owned one for several years, and about once a month it's the same thing - "I just bought the car, that same day it broke down on the interstate with my wife and kids in it, oh the horror!" - with a prominent mention of where the car was bought. Almost never any report of whatever resolution was sought or received. It sounds horrible until you start to notice the pattern. There just seem to be a bunch of EV haters out there.

There will most likely be a bunch of regular trollers here, if there hasn't been already. (not impugning the OP, sorry about his/her problems). I read the chevy volt forums (and facebook group) regularly, having owned one for several years, and about once a month it's the same thing - "I just bought the car, that same day it broke down on the interstate with my wife and kids in it, oh the horror!" - with a prominent mention of where the car was bought. Almost never any report of whatever resolution was sought or received. It sounds horrible until you start to notice the pattern. There just seem to be a bunch of EV haters out there.

Mark me down as skeptical. Has a MS but first time poster....

I'm well aware of the trolls that show up on the forum. This isn't exactly my first rodeo :). Surprisingly to most of us, the majority of Tesla owners don't post on this forum. Many don't even know this forum exists. Some don't have smart phones, either. (Yep, I know some of these folks.) I don't find it unbelievable that someone could show up for the first time here with a problem, out of frustration. Shoot, I first showed up on this forum for help in pairing my phone to the Roadster (it's a bit of a dance). Many first posts are people seeking help.

Again, I assume good intent. If I'm wrong, it's easily correctable later :). If you're wrong, the impression you've left on someone frustrated is not easily correctable. I'll err on the side of believing until I'm proven wrong.

Mark me down as skeptical. Has a MS but first time poster....

Wow. I thought the forum is for Tesla's owners to share info. Certainly didn't expect to see this type of responses. In the past I've occasionally read the forum looking for various info for my MS and didn't feel the need to join as a member. I've decided to join since I was getting the 2nd Tesla.

I dropped off to the detailing shop next morning for various detailing services for 3 days. Picked up the car this afternoon and drove home. All of the sudden the car started shaking violently for about 10 seconds and whole bunch of warning lights came on repeatedly.
What kind of "various detailing services" were performed? Did they require any disassembly of the car in any way? Have you used this detail shop in the past and have they worked on other Teslas?

What kind of "various detailing services" were performed? Did they require any disassembly of the car in any way? Have you used this detail shop in the past and have they worked on other Teslas?

I'm pretty sure nothing disassemble. I did the full frontal clear bra, exterior coating & window tinting. I've never used this shop in the past. I reason I've selected this shop was they've already done 7 M3 (for SpaceX employees) and other MS.