Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "Production Bottlenecks" lead to lower-than-anticipated Q3 delivery #s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of delays, anyone notice the Semi unveil will not be Oct 26 after all.
Here we go again...

Oh, and has this been mentioned yet?

Tesla replaces Model 3 headlights, battery, seats, and more while going through ‘production hell’
Shoot. Now how am I going to be able to delivery all my pumpkins in time for Halloween? :rolleyes: Other than those who have invested in Tesla (and would want to affect the current price) who would really care enough about the semi delay to make note of it in a Model 3 forum? Oh, and another negative story as well.

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
As per this post, the concerned company is already supplying 5k parts a week for October. As we all know, Tesla is not making 5k cars a week right now (we are all under the hypothesis 1 part/car). Lowering December part supply seems to me a result from the lower output right now, not per se the decrease of targeted output of 5k/week in December?

Last edited:
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Tesla cuts Model 3 part orders to Taiwan supplier Hota: report

Hota that makes gears and axles, reports that Tesla has decreased its order down to 3,000 per week from 5,000 sets starting December.

10,000 per week may start in May or June instead of March.

Wow! Thousands per week...Progress at last!

I call that big progress if true. My assumption about getting to 10k/week next year has been more late in 2018 but June is very much in the middle. Making the math - it brings us well in line with expectations of production numbers of about 500 k units.

Stating the obvious the spin doctors will say: well, 3k/week is 40% under plan in December. For a long term investors like me the delay we experience here looks just a like "a drop on a hot stone" ....

Getting *to* 3K/week by the last full week of December rather than to 5K/week appears to be the new objective.

By no means do I expect Model 3 deliveries to exceed 10K cars in 2017.

Which is fine. After the usual 1-2 week factory shutdown for updates in January, presumably it’ll be full speed ahead with the production ramp incrementing through the rest of the year.

I do hope Elon gives some thought to optimizing the federal tax credit for as much of 2 full calendar quarters of production as possible once the 200K domestic deliveries threshold is crossed. That would mean as many as 78K additional cars qualifying for the full $7500 at the targeted 3K/week. 130K cars at 5K/week...