Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 range reduced via update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jesus how do you go from early adopter to batshit crazy in 2 months.

You’re quotes the miles the same way you’re quoted mpg. Only issue is your ICE manufacturer doesn’t advertise ‘range on a full tank’ and most ICE drivers don’t go through their stats with a fine tooth comb.

enjoy the car, stop stressing. If your battery degrades in the years it’s got warranty they’ll replace it. If you see real world drop in range then come back to me and we can pull our hair out together
the consensus seems to be that I shouldn't take the displayed range literally....then explain me this, why the hell is Tesla using it as a selling point? why not sell a car and say you get whatever range you get at any given point. Wake the hell up people

so because im an early adopter means Tesla should be able to restrict my property without my permission or even just notification? I had my MS85D and never experience this kind to "fluctuation" in range.

Having had an MS85D you will have had two ‘range’ options within your settings. Rated and typical (possibly called ideal in the US). The first is the range based on the regulatory test and the second what Tesla think your car might do - not based on your driving but a fixed Wh/m that they decide on and varies slightly depending on model.

Surely you remember seeing these? Neither bore any direct relationship to the range you achieved from the car.

The LR M3 has a range of 348 miles based on the UK regulatory test. In the US it’s 310 miles. Do you think you’ve been short changed?

The mileage displayed by the battery icon has never been an indication of YOUR range, based on YOUR driving world. That is only displayed via the energy graph where you can choose 5,15 or 30 mile history.

If you were arguing your battery was being capped by not being allowed to charge to 4.2v as some owners of older cars have had, then I’d agree completely with you. That’s the subject of a class action thanks to Tesla’s lack of communication with affected owners.

Those still on v9 why don't you do this.

Charge car to max/full. Note date, displayed range, battery %, outiside temp, mileage and perhaps screenshot of energy graph.

Soon after upgrading to v10 repeat the above test.

Note the differences.

Kosher test?

If vast majority of folks are seeing a 10+ mile range drop then it would seem Musky has nabbed some of our miles on the sly?

Reactions: CMc1
Still on v9, M3 SR+, ~790 miles so far.

Charged to full just now - 234miles/98%.

Will check again after v10 upgrade to see if Musky has stolen miles on the sly.

View attachment 469129

BF8524D3-D1E7-4683-9076-7409FDB0A83A.jpeg

Have just completed a ‘full’ charge after v10 upgrade and range is pretty much the same 233miles/98%.

This evidence would suggest Musky hasn’t taken any miles from me on the sly after the v10 upgrade.