Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked through my whole album, not seeing this said photo. Even the ones of them loading 3's onto trucks didn't have them folded.

Found it: Model 3 RC sightings

Giving it more attention this time, it looks like it's the alpha car, loading in to a container. So could be manually operated and not indicative of the release car.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Found it: Model 3 RC sightings

Giving it more attention this time, it looks like it's the alpha car, loading in to a container. So could be manually operated and not indicative of the release car.

I think we will see manual folding on the production otherwise some of these RCs would have had them folded in at some point while parked if automatic. That's kind of dissapointing but you can't have it all I suppose.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
I didn't see it mentioned yet, but these are two different cars with different interior trim. One seems more basic with piano black center cup holder and no alcantara on the door. The other has wood on part of the cup holder and alcantara on the door. Looks good. The type of stitching on the matte interior material comes off as very Lexus to me.

Reactions: Sonny Daze
Yet another enabling car.

I'm surprised it doesn't come with a garden hose port that attaches to a "soft drink" port at the "drive through" to fill the 10 gallon frunk bottle attached to the 5 foot sippy straw that emerges from the removable secret door in the steering wheel.

Now that would be space ship like.

I'm actually 5'9" and 160 lbs., so the hysteria over me getting my caffeine fix can probably be toned down a few notches. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSqB
I just watched a video of the new "silky smooth" autopilot release on Electrek. Full autonomy is a long way away.
Machine learning is exponential and not linear.

The new baseline is now the "silky smooth" update. As more and more HW2 cars hit the roads and learn, there will be an ever-improving baseline.

The huge leap in HW2 learning is coming in the next 3-6 months, as Model 3 ramps up and more and more of them are on the roads.

Wow it really does! Good catch! That's the first time I noticed that... That could either mean that they simply attached an iPad pro to fool us or debug, or there is a huge supply deal in play with Apple lol... There were those meetings a while back.... (if it is an Apple logo, that is)
The prototype (alpha) I saw had a sweet aluminum backing to the screen and a Tesla logo etched on it. I was thinking that I would love a Tesla laptop! It does look like a Macbook Pro from outside... but with a Tesla logo on it. Hopefully they keep that nice aluminum look and don't change it to black plastic for production. It was actually one of my favorite features of the car.

Oooh I just noticed this seat icon on the screen....

Seat adjustments? Heated seat?

seat.jpg

Machine learning is exponential and not linear.

The new baseline is now the "silky smooth" update. As more and more HW2 cars hit the roads and learn, there will be an ever-improving baseline.

The huge leap in HW2 learning is coming in the next 3-6 months, as Model 3 ramps up and more and more of them are on the roads.

Ok. None of that changes my thinking.
I don't believe full autonomy is anywhere close. I don't believe Tesla hits whatever target musk has thrown out there. I'm not sure they can pull off coast to coast this year, though 95% of the driving being on highways certainly helps.

Manual seems like a waste. Would hardly get used.
Don't all cars without automatic side mirrors have manual (non-powered) side mirrors? While they are rarely used, they do come in handy sometimes when pulling into tight spots or if there's a near collision, it allows them to flip forwards or backwards and prevents them from being broken off. I know before I got my Tesla, I had to manually flip the side mirror on my 20 year old CR-V in order to get the large trash bin between my car and the center pole in the garage. Without the ability to manually flip the mirrors in or out, I would've had to back the car out of the garage to take out the trash.

Reactions: sigmo32
Ok. None of that changes my thinking.
I don't believe full autonomy is anywhere close. I don't believe Tesla hits whatever target musk has thrown out there. I'm not sure they can pull off coast to coast this year, though 95% of the driving being on highways certainly helps.

Well, it's a good thing your thinking isn't the determination of success in this endeavor.