Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Ended: Repair Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final tally for my repair bill $7850 +PPF replacement costs....actual repair time was 5-7 days, but getting the parts took about 2 months to get everything. They not only had to replace the bumper, floor pan and deck lid, but had to add paint to other parts of the car to ensure full blending. I certainly can't tell the difference between original and replacement painted areas. Unfortunately, they had to paint parts of omg rocker panel so had to rip off the PPF in that area as well. Will have to wait at least 30 days to replace the PPF since the paint on the bumper/rocker panels needs to cure.

Happy to have the car back and the car looks pretty much back to its original condition.

Reactions: tracksyde
Final tally for my repair bill $7850 +PPF replacement costs....actual repair time was 5-7 days, but getting the parts took about 2 months to get everything. They not only had to replace the bumper, floor pan and deck lid, but had to add paint to other parts of the car to ensure full blending. I certainly can't tell the difference between original and replacement painted areas. Unfortunately, they had to paint parts of omg rocker panel so had to rip off the PPF in that area as well. Will have to wait at least 30 days to replace the PPF since the paint on the bumper/rocker panels needs to cure.

Happy to have the car back and the car looks pretty much back to its original condition.

Holy moly! Almost $8K for what first appeared to be some decent scratches? :eek:

My parts came in yesterday. Dropping car off Monday.

Took 2 weeks for bumper to come in once ordered.

Will keep you posted on what happens next!
Don't be surprised if they somehow have to apply paint to parts surrounding the bumper to ensure color consistency. I was surprised how many parts they wound up touching/ painting. They dismantled the entire backside including back seats. I had a really reputable body shop (who does a ton of Teslas/high end cars) so they really knew what they were doing. between my PPF installation and the body work, all of the panels of the car feel like they have been reassembled and and any panel or gap issues I might have had (I didn't notice any, but I also didn't look closely), they practically took care of it.

Best of luck with the repairs